Author Topic: CMTO FIREscape 2024 - Sept 5 - 8  (Read 804 times)

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
CMTO FIREscape 2024 - Sept 5 - 8
« on: January 03, 2024, 09:37:42 AM »
Happy New Year Everyone!

It's time to crack open that fresh 2024 planner to September, and put a big star on Sept 5- 8 2024 - That's right, Camp Mustache Toronto will be returning for four days of fun, friendship, and finance.

Registration for Camp Mustache Toronto FIREscape opens on April 15, 2024 at 0800 EDT

What is Camp Mustache Toronto FIREscape?
The Sixth annual CMTO FIREscape will have FOUR days of fun, friends and finances -- meals, presentations and activities are all included in the registration fee! Camp Mustache events are community-run, not-for-profit, not-for-prophet, inclusive, and nature-conscious.  Attendees come from across the globe and from every corner of the FIRE internet. All attendees including the organising committee and all speakers pay the same price and participate as equals in the discussion.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 09:39:56 AM by Le Poisson »

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: CMTO FIREscape 2024 - Sept 5 - 8
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024, 10:05:56 AM »
For folks who need more details - the camp venue will be one we used previously, a little over an hour east of Toronto. Previously we have had space for about 60 people at this venue. We are currently working on capacity and whatnot. The event will run from Thursday morning through Sunday lunch, and include everything except alcohol (if you should choose to bring some) and snacks (folks usually bring snacks to share).

We don't have a lot of other details this early, but Momma has already told me that the theme will not be "Band Camp" even though I had tonnes of ideas - all of which would have been approved by our boys, but maybe not by our guests.

please use this thread to post questions, answers, excitement and all the other things. I will update the first post often, so do check back!

Lews Therin

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Magnum Stache
  • Fee-only Financial Planner
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2024, 10:38:50 AM »
For folks who need more details - the camp venue will be one we used previously, a little over an hour east of Toronto. Previously we have had space for about 60 people at this venue. We are currently working on capacity and whatnot. The event will run from Thursday morning through Sunday lunch, and include everything except alcohol (if you should choose to bring some) and snacks (folks usually bring snacks to share).

We don't have a lot of other details this early, but Momma has already told me that the theme will not be "Band Camp" even though I had tonnes of ideas - all of which would have been approved by our boys, but maybe not by our guests.

please use this thread to post questions, answers, excitement and all the other things. I will update the first post often, so do check back!

The camp feeling is the best, whoo!

We need a whiteboard for impromptus activites this year!

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2024, 10:56:16 AM »
The camp feeling is the best, whoo!

We need a whiteboard for impromptus activites this year!

Oh! This reminds me I need to reach out to @BiochemicalDJ to see if we should make his dance party an official agenda item, or keep it underground.

CathMsMustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2024, 01:31:07 PM »
I have set the alarm for tomorrow morning for signup day :)
I sent an email to the campmustachetoronto@gmail.com address, so am hoping I will get a link to the signup page.  Anyway, I will be watching this page in the morning!
*I am not on facebook or other social media*

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2024, 09:41:08 PM »
Hi @CathMsMustache and fellow campers!

I got an e-mail this evening, with an update that camp registration is Monday April 22 at 8am.  So you can set your alarm clock for one week later and sleep in tomorrow!

CathMsMustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: Today at 05:30:50 AM »
Thank you Okits!  I received the email as well.

MrsProspector

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: Today at 05:35:21 AM »
Hello Campers!

We've been working hard to get all the details for CMTO ready for registration to begin today, but there are a few ducks that won't get in a row, and one wild squirrel.  Registration instead will begin NEXT Monday, April 22, at 8am... pending what happens with that dang squirrel.

Next Monday when Registration opens, all potential campers will receive an email that contains the registration link. You'd be nuts not to open it.

Best,
 the CMTO FIREscape leadership team

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #8 on: Today at 10:45:42 AM »
Something to keep us busy while we wait. Patiently, of course.

It may be paywalled, but if you subscribe or can get around it, the gold is in the comments.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/04/11/travel/things-to-do-toronto.html

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #9 on: Today at 12:04:21 PM »
Something to keep us busy while we wait. Patiently, of course.

It may be paywalled, but if you subscribe or can get around it, the gold is in the comments.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/04/11/travel/things-to-do-toronto.html

Can't get past the paywall, but I tell EVERYONE to visit the Bata Shoe Museum. Its AMAZING!

I have never been to the shoe museum. I really should go sometime.

CathMsMustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: Today at 02:34:40 PM »
Toronto island!  It's a whole different world.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #11 on: Today at 06:08:41 PM »
Toronto island!  It's a whole different world.
Indeed! I was actually there when Air France Flight 358 crashed at YYZ.