Author Topic: Camp Mustache Toronto - CM*TO [s]2020[/s] 2022  (Read 53488 times)

UnleashHell

• Walrus Stache
  • Chapter IV - A New ... er.. something
Re: Camp Mustache Toronto - CM*TO 2020
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2021, 08:31:59 PM »
This gives me some confidence. I would be afraid to sell folks tickets and then have them have to go through a similar quarantine to what @UnleashHell did in England...

you have to spend 10 full days in your parents 600 sqft house? Thats a steep price to pay man.....

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2021, 09:40:24 PM »
This gives me some confidence. I would be afraid to sell folks tickets and then have them have to go through a similar quarantine to what @UnleashHell did in England...

you have to spend 10 full days in your parents 600 sqft house? Thats a steep price to pay man.....

It would make for some pretty interesting discussions if we quarantined all the Americanos in my folks' house.

Edit to add... Ontario's current vaccination/Covid status according to Dr. Kwan - my favourite medical statistician:

JUNE 16: #COVID19 in #Ontario
384 cases, 12 deaths, 722 resolved*
28076 tests/day, 13336 pending, 1.5% pos
438 hospitalized (377 in ICU)

11,732,414 vaccinations (+202,984)
73.7% of age 12+ ≥1 dose
(17.0% = 2 doses)

If we keep up at this pace, we should have the whole province done in time for camp. Fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 10:02:58 PM by Le Poisson »

Jessa

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2021, 07:27:21 AM »
even if that camp is just a show up and hang out style of weekend.

I would totally be in for that. I miss you guys.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2021, 07:59:44 AM »

Moi, aussi.  “Show up and hangout” is my favoUrite kind of weekend!

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2021, 05:02:20 PM »

Moi, aussi.  “Show up and hangout” is my favoUrite kind of weekend!

Yes! No agenda means no forced choice between two great workshops. I would miss morning tabatas, though. That could still be a thing, right?

ToTheMoon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2021, 10:20:29 PM »
Oh, I really hope this can be a thing this year - I miss people - especially the mustachioed kind.

I have already had my two pokes so am good to go if travelling inter-provincially is not considered a no-go at that point!

Keep us updated whenever you are able. I will be waiting not-so-patiently...

TTM

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2021, 01:04:29 AM »
It's been really encouraging seeing the vaxx stats go up and up and up. I'm hoping for my second dose in the next few weeks. I'm eligible to book on Monday!!!!

Sent from my VCE-AL00 using Tapatalk

Jessa

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2021, 07:13:41 AM »
It's been really encouraging seeing the vaxx stats go up and up and up. I'm hoping for my second dose in the next few weeks. I'm eligible to book on Monday!!!!

If it's anything like it is here, the beginning is the tough part, but then it goes up exponentially from there. In February we had very few people, by May everyone who wanted one had at least an appointment.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2021, 05:19:37 PM »
Well friends, we got an update from the facility we rent for camp... and it's not the news we were hoping for.

It looks like CM*TO 2020 has been delayed to spring of 2022. I'll let everyone know if and when there is any other update. The camp is not opening up to outside groups until after Thanksgiving just to be safe. The first available date after thanksgiving isn't until well into 2022.

I'm bummed, but I get it too.

If folks are up to it, we can try for a late season campout. Like in tents. I may know a spot. Or we can go to Moab or something. I am actively seeking input.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 05:21:46 PM by Le Poisson »

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2021, 08:19:30 PM »
I vote Moab.  More or less my back yard and I could attend.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2021, 08:24:01 PM »
I vote Moab.  More or less my back yard and I could attend.
Me, too. Not in my backyard, but I know the way. No tent camping for my old ass though. RV camping for the win, baby!

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #161 on: June 21, 2021, 09:45:42 PM »
I love tent camping but Will is just not ready for that yet :( So sadly, I think we are out this year.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #162 on: June 22, 2021, 06:02:41 AM »
Hey @NinetyFour - can you give folks the coordinates of your Moab thread here?

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #163 on: June 22, 2021, 06:46:03 AM »
I'm past the camping stage of life.  Just post lots so I can live vicariously.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #164 on: June 22, 2021, 08:45:00 AM »
Hey @NinetyFour - can you give folks the coordinates of your Moab thread here?

Here you go:

https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/meetups-and-social-events/moab-meetup-2021/

I am currently thinking about the weekend of October 23.

The campground we have used in years past is located right in town, with east access to stores, restaurants, and hotels.  The campground itself offers basic cabins as well as campsites.  Those of us who live close-ish to Moab might be able to lend tents and other camping gear to travelers who wish to camp.

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #165 on: June 22, 2021, 11:05:29 AM »
With prior notice to bring equipment I can being a couple of tents and tarps and hammocks with stands.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #166 on: April 05, 2022, 05:40:42 PM »
We are past due for a CMTO update. And I am here to supply it... Ontario seems to believe we are finished with COVID and the province has mostly re-opened, whether the pandemic is actually done or not. So I am looking at the fall and wondering if we can manage a CMTO event this year. Normally I would have been selling the tickets last month. In any case, here's the current status.

1. The regular CMTO venue has had a change in management, changes in staffing, changes in programming, and changes in cost. Some of these changes are more noticeable than others. The change in cost is a post-COVID reality that I am loathe to accept. If we remain there, expect a cost increase, reduced programming (ie. waterfront and high ropes), and different staff support.

2. In light of the changes to our normal venue, I feel little loyalty to it, and have been passively shopping other venues. These range from hotel properties on the Lake Ontario Waterfront to cottage resorts on the French River. As far as venues and programming we may be starting back at scratch. This decision needs to be made quickly if we are indeed changing venue.

3. In a recent conversation, I was asked why I do it - does it matter? What do I get out of this thing? Why not just let it die? So I'm flipping that question to the masses to see what you all get out of this event, and why you travel to it, and should we run it again or let it die. Give me your input. I'm listening.

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #167 on: April 05, 2022, 05:55:20 PM »
It's absolutely amazing to meet all the people in person. It has led me to have a better life.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #168 on: April 05, 2022, 06:40:06 PM »
OMG, ever since I dragged Mr. Dicey (as he's known now) to Moab in 2021, he's been a convert. We had such a blast! In fact, I spent a delightful hour on the phone with our new Moab 2021 friend, @Embok yesterday as we were driving through her corner edge of the world.

I'm dying to go to CM*TO. It wouldn't kill us to wait until 2023, because, Moab 2022 is happening. But that's perhaps a wee bit selfish of me, because there's no way we can do both in an election year (and it is one in our locality). If waiting until 2023 would allow more planning time, that also makes sense.

Whatever you do, don't give up and thank you for doing it!

Lews Therin

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Magnum Stache
  • Fee-only Financial Planner
« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2022, 08:05:15 PM »
We are past due for a CMTO update. And I am here to supply it... Ontario seems to believe we are finished with COVID and the province has mostly re-opened, whether the pandemic is actually done or not. So I am looking at the fall and wondering if we can manage a CMTO event this year. Normally I would have been selling the tickets last month. In any case, here's the current status.

1. The regular CMTO venue has had a change in management, changes in staffing, changes in programming, and changes in cost. Some of these changes are more noticeable than others. The change in cost is a post-COVID reality that I am loathe to accept. If we remain there, expect a cost increase, reduced programming (ie. waterfront and high ropes), and different staff support.

2. In light of the changes to our normal venue, I feel little loyalty to it, and have been passively shopping other venues. These range from hotel properties on the Lake Ontario Waterfront to cottage resorts on the French River. As far as venues and programming we may be starting back at scratch. This decision needs to be made quickly if we are indeed changing venue.

3. In a recent conversation, I was asked why I do it - does it matter? What do I get out of this thing? Why not just let it die? So I'm flipping that question to the masses to see what you all get out of this event, and why you travel to it, and should we run it again or let it die. Give me your input. I'm listening.

I'd be interested in smaller versions of CMTO rather than larger ones... I don't know if it's easier to keep prices low in larger groups than when you have less people.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #170 on: April 05, 2022, 09:42:41 PM »
I'd be interested in smaller versions of CMTO rather than larger ones... I don't know if it's easier to keep prices low in larger groups than when you have less people.

Yeah - I can't see going any bigger than we had in our previous iterations. If we do the hotel thing, it would be a VERY different dynamic, but it could still work. The place I have scoped out is right on Lake Ontario and literally built into a park. Room rate is $67 per night for April which compares nicely to camp, but is far less ritzy than some folks might hope for. Not exactly strip motel territory, but not the King Eddy either. The Cabin resort only has 66 beds total and room for a few RVs, so it would be about the same number of attendees too.

An economies of scale thing kicks in at a certain level with regards to teh number of attendees, and we spend a lot of time (and nervous energy) plotting out the linear formulas of costs against revenues to make sure the came runs as close to revenue neutral as possible with just enough left over for deposits on the next year. Getting there means making sure that we have just enough attendees to offset costs.

OMG, ever since I dragged Mr. Dicey (as he's known now) to Moab in 2021, he's been a convert. We had such a blast! In fact, I spent a delightful hour on the phone with our new Moab 2021 friend, @Embok yesterday as we were driving through her corner edge of the world.

I'm dying to go to CM*TO. It wouldn't kill us to wait until 2023, because, Moab 2022 is happening. But that's perhaps a wee bit selfish of me, because there's no way we can do both in an election year (and it is one in our locality). If waiting until 2023 would allow more planning time, that also makes sense.

Whatever you do, don't give up and thank you for doing it!

I can't wait to meet Mr. Dicey at Moab. I'd love to have him come up and spend a few days with us up here.

It's absolutely amazing to meet all the people in person. It has led me to have a better life.

Thanks Deb - that's refreshing to hear.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #171 on: April 05, 2022, 11:25:46 PM »
CMTO is a huge part of my year and I look forward to it all summer. On one hand sometimes I think that no part of this philosophy is that revolutionary - and then I get away from ad-bloated hedonic treadmill running consumer culture for a whole 72 hours and feel much more at home mentally.

I find myself starting conversations and getting along really well with people that have facially nothing in common with me - different ages, stages of life, countries to call home, fields of study and work.... And I find myself really refreshed to just talk to people who get it - to not have to explain "this is why I packed lunch" or "I don't want to keep climbing the ladder for bigger and bigger paychecks until the day I die at my desk". It's exposed me to new ideas for diet, hobbies, and finances, stopped any judgment of people with higher spending levels than me, and made me think hard about caring for a disabled child and aging parents someday. It's been unbelievably valuable for me and I would be sad to see it die.

On top of that, it's just good cheap road-trip fun. I met @Early-And-Often in the airport rental car terminal, then drove across New York (damn that state is big) and got him his first Choco Taco, then proceeded to immediately blow out the tire on the rental car, wait at the buffalo airport for another, then badly lie at the border to get across. I tried the OG Anchor buffalo wings in Buffalo with @oneday. Then I learned that you're not allowed to pump your own gas in New Jersey minutes before we returned the rental car at the weekend's end... and that was just the madness getting to and from

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #172 on: April 06, 2022, 12:00:26 AM »
Hi @grantmeaname , please pass my greetings to your lovely wife!

@Prosy, CM*TO is what I want my FIRE'd life to be like: community, fun, learning, adventure, stillness, bikes, campfires, silliness, inspiration, meat(less)balls, nature's majesty, karaoke; the simpatico with all manner of people, as Grant mentioned.

The fact that it's a grass roots organization (you & your minions) putting it on is, frankly, astounding to me. The outcome and impact that results from all y'alls inputs is outsized. Just creating that environment where everyone is awesome and open to LIFE!!! That is very special. It's a place that fosters personal transformation. My own life has changed for the better 1000% because of camp. It would be a loss to the community and frankly to the world (if I may be so bold) if CM*TO were to die.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #173 on: April 06, 2022, 06:13:15 AM »
What everyone else has said - plus would happy and deborah and I have gotten together in Australia if we hadn't met in person at CMTO?

This is the only group I have been in where we examine what we want to do to lead satisfying lives, instead of just throwing money at all the things society tells us will make us happy.*  It is incredibly positive to meet people in person - we exist! we are not all figments of each others imaginations!

I may be more coherent after tea.    ;-)

*On a tangent, my spinning and weaving and crafty groups know we are not exactly mainstream in our interests, but the examination of how money relates to our lives is not part of it.

Jessa

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #174 on: April 06, 2022, 07:16:22 AM »

I would love to have it back!!! I had SUCH a great time. I am open to change of venue. I'm don't particularly care about ritzy, but not having to bring a sleeping bag would be a plus. It would be nice to still be able to have an all night bonfire, but I'm sure we could figure other ways to socialize. That's the main thing for me, seeing people IRL. I'm not always great at keeping up with journals, so being able to have live conversation with people, or get to know new ones, that's the big benefit for me. We have had some awesome speakers and some great break out groups, too. But i'm mostly in it to see my friends :)

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #175 on: April 06, 2022, 07:16:36 AM »
Have you taken a look at Pioneer Camp Ontario? It’s near Huntsville, about 2hrs drive from the Toronto airport. Not sure what their rates are though. My son has spent the last year there taking care of groups like ours in the fall and winter. Basically the same things like at the other camp - meals, activities, and meeting spaces. They have a gorgeous (and huge) location in the heart of Muskoka. I’ve been canoeing and hiking there - amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #176 on: April 06, 2022, 09:01:44 AM »
CMTO is a huge part of my year and I look forward to it all summer. On one hand sometimes I think that no part of this philosophy is that revolutionary - and then I get away from ad-bloated hedonic treadmill running consumer culture for a whole 72 hours and feel much more at home mentally.

I find myself starting conversations and getting along really well with people that have facially nothing in common with me - different ages, stages of life, countries to call home, fields of study and work.... And I find myself really refreshed to just talk to people who get it - to not have to explain "this is why I packed lunch" or "I don't want to keep climbing the ladder for bigger and bigger paychecks until the day I die at my desk". It's exposed me to new ideas for diet, hobbies, and finances, stopped any judgment of people with higher spending levels than me, and made me think hard about caring for a disabled child and aging parents someday. It's been unbelievably valuable for me and I would be sad to see it die.
Paging @ embok to say, "What grantmeaname just said." And to say I love the bit in bold, aka bib.

Embok

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Magnum Stache
Re: Camp Mustache Toronto - CM*TO [s]2020[/s] 2022
« Reply #177 on: April 07, 2022, 09:11:02 AM »
@LePoisson: totally agree with what Dicey, Oneday, Grantmeaname and others have said. CM*TO has been an amazing event, while also being relaxing and affirming.  It’s a bit like going to college, if you were really, really lucky - getting to meet and hang out with a wide variety of people self selected to be thoughtful about how they live.  I’ve made new friends there, which is amazing as an adult.

Another venue would be fine.  Different formats would be fine.  If I can be there, I’ll come and now, having met some of the folks, so will my husband.  If I can help, from afar, let me know.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #178 on: April 07, 2022, 11:12:13 AM »
I'm fine with another venue.  Not fancy is fine.  Not having to bring pillow/sheets/sleeping bag would be nice.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #179 on: April 07, 2022, 11:16:35 AM »
I'm paying attention folks - and I appreciate the feedback.

One other question... is anyone into wine tours?

Jessa

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #180 on: April 07, 2022, 11:19:33 AM »

Do they have a malbec?

Stashasaurus

• Stubble
« Reply #181 on: April 07, 2022, 11:43:10 AM »
Hey fish dude. My vote is for the venue that will take us. I would be coming for the company.  How much interest would you need to run this year?

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #182 on: April 07, 2022, 12:50:23 PM »

Do they have a malbec?

Which winery? There are many. Hence tour. Like not a tour of a (singular) winery, but a wine tour.

Lews Therin

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Magnum Stache
« Reply #183 on: April 07, 2022, 01:23:19 PM »
I like the middle of bottles

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #184 on: April 07, 2022, 02:32:14 PM »

Do they have a malbec?

Which winery? There are many. Hence tour. Like not a tour of a (singular) winery, but a wine tour.
DH and I aren't really drinkers, to my Wine Brother's everlasting dismay. However, that does make us pretty good Designated Drivers. Wineries tend to be in fairly scenic locations, and the ones I visited last time I was in the Toronto area (Ice Wine!) were no exception.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #185 on: April 07, 2022, 02:36:44 PM »
I am into wine tours a lot more than I am into beer tours.  Renting a bus?  Because I would not want to drive.   ;-)

I'm not a 5* hotel kind of person, anything with basic amenities (indoor toilets, running hot water, that sort of thing) is fine.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #186 on: April 07, 2022, 03:07:01 PM »
Hey fish dude. My vote is for the venue that will take us. I would be coming for the company.  How much interest would you need to run this year?

Hey Stash - somehow this message missed me. I'd be looking for 50-75 participants, but I haven't even started to work out budget or other elements, and it will be... different in structure. Like, somethings will be a lot cheaper/easier, but others will be more expensive/involved, so I'm nor really sure how it will look. I *think* there would still be VolleyHockeyBall though, so at least that institution would live on.

However, we wouldn't be playing it on a hockey rink.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #187 on: April 07, 2022, 03:07:58 PM »

Do they have a malbec?

DH and I aren't really drinkers, to my Wine Brother's everlasting dismay. However, that does make us pretty good Designated Drivers. Wineries tend to be in fairly scenic locations, and the ones I visited last time I was in the Toronto area (Ice Wine!) were no exception.

Do you have a Bus License and a bus?

I am into wine tours a lot more than I am into beer tours.  Renting a bus?  Because I would not want to drive.   ;-)

I'm not a 5* hotel kind of person, anything with basic amenities (indoor toilets, running hot water, that sort of thing) is fine.

I'm on it. See message above this one.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #188 on: April 07, 2022, 04:37:15 PM »
My theater group (small town going into big city) used to rent school buses.  They are definitely cost effective.

happy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #189 on: April 07, 2022, 04:53:26 PM »
I'm a bit late to the party, but just to re-affirm what others have said....I've only been to one CMTO, but it was amazing. I was so excited to meet such a positive group of people who, as grant has said, "get it".  I had decided to plan my annual calendar around it, whilst ever I could get a ticket. An annual trip to Canada was not in my retirement budget, as I had planned to be a homesteader, not a traveller. It was so great though, I decided I would re-prioritise. I was kind of bummed that I had found my tribe, only to find that nearly all of them lived in North America!

I'd be happy with whatever you decide, since my main reason for attending is the people. I'm a sucker for a good campfire, and I don't like crowds ( except crowds of Mustachians), but in the grand scheme of things my preferences are not important.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #190 on: April 07, 2022, 06:58:56 PM »
I'd be happy with whatever you decide

Um.  🤔

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #191 on: April 07, 2022, 10:41:20 PM »
I'd be happy with whatever you decide

Um.  🤔

😂

Re: a wine tour - also not much of a drinker, but would be OK with this. Especially if there is some nice port style wine somewhere.

But also, hopefully it wouldn't be the main event each and every year, because that seems less than stellar to me in particular. If it's a side trip or an only-some-years thing, that feels nicer to me.

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
Camp Mustache Toronto - CM*TO [s]2020[/s] 2022
« Reply #192 on: April 07, 2022, 10:46:20 PM »
I *think* there would still be VolleyHockeyBall though, so at least that institution would live on.

VolleyHockeyBall is all about creativity :)

I’d say the biggies are:
- meeting rooms
- friendly spaces like campfires and lounges that are conducive for socializing
- getting catered meals
- preferably some element of the outdoors
- fairly low cost

Jessa

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #193 on: April 08, 2022, 06:57:13 AM »
I *think* there would still be VolleyHockeyBall though, so at least that institution would live on.

I’d say the biggies are:
- meeting rooms
- getting catered meals
- fairly low cost

Agreed.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #194 on: April 08, 2022, 07:40:24 AM »

I’d say the biggies are:
- meeting rooms
- getting catered meals
- fairly low cost

Agreed.

Thirded.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #195 on: April 08, 2022, 08:53:19 AM »

I’d say the biggies are:
- meeting rooms
- getting catered meals
- fairly low cost

Agreed.

Thirded.

Yeah, this is a great list. Although it does not include the classes and workshops. That's super important to the atmosphere, imo. Maybe it's implied in the meeting rooms bullet point.

Lews Therin

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Magnum Stache
« Reply #196 on: April 08, 2022, 09:20:22 AM »

I’d say the biggies are:
- meeting rooms
- getting catered meals
- fairly low cost

Agreed.

Thirded.

Yeah, this is a great list. Although it does not include the classes and workshops. That's super important to the atmosphere, imo. Maybe it's implied in the meeting rooms bullet point.

Classes/workshops can be given in any social friendly spaces. Powerpoint is not essential!

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #197 on: April 08, 2022, 09:46:07 AM »
Is outdoors under a shade sail an acceptable workshop environment?

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #198 on: April 08, 2022, 10:02:11 AM »

It's the best!

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #199 on: April 08, 2022, 10:05:27 AM »

As long as its not raining?  ;-)  Definitely.

Some presentations would need powerpoint or other AV, lots would not.  Some need electricity.  Back in 2019 I could easily have done mine outside - outside would actually have been better.  Deborah's needed electricity.