Author Topic: Camp Mustache 2019 - Format change  (Read 8791 times)

yolfer

• Pencil Stache
    • Camp Mustache
Camp Mustache 2019 - Format change
« on: November 18, 2018, 11:25:32 AM »
Hi Everybody!

We're planning Camp Mustache 2019 and will have some more announcements soon, but wanted to let you know about an exciting change we're rolling out for next year:

After talking to members of the community, we've found there's a greater need for discussion about the philosophy and values of the FI movement. We serendipitously stumbled on some of it last year (e.g. Vicki Robin's discussion) but want to make it an official part of all future Camp Mustaches.

So starting in 2019, we're officially going to have two "tracks" (like a conference): "Nuts and bolts" (4% rule, travel hacking, real estate, etc) and "Post-FI/Philosophy".

With the new format, we're also experimenting with a name change. We're calling the 2019 event "Camp Mustache: FI Summit". We'll try that name and see how it fits next year.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

carloco

• Stubble
Re: Camp Mustache 2019 - Format change
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 08:26:16 AM »
I like the new format.  when will we know how to sign up?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Camp Mustache 2019 - Format change
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 04:58:06 PM »
I like the new format.  when will we know how to sign up?

Whoops, I missed this thread, and just posted details here: https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/camp-mustache-events/camp-mustache-seattle-may-2019-tickets-on-sale-january-1-9am-pst12pm-est/  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.