Author Topic: TO 2019 - Hippy Money Camp Toronto  (Read 2929 times)

Lews Therin

• Handlebar Stache
  • Used to be Canadian Ben
Re: TO 2019 - Hippy Money Camp Toronto
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2018, 05:56:29 PM »
As the Ottawa person who despises his job the most: I doubt it's worth having full separate Camp Mustache here. Toronto isn`t all that far, and if there's no significant gain to having it here, no point. (We were wondering if the venue, flights, and traffic might be lower in price/amount of traffic) but it seems pretty similar. (Apart from traffic. Toronto traffic is impressively insane.)

Haven`t heard a peep from any of the others, and I would have if it had any traction.

okits

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2018, 06:17:41 PM »
TIL EOI = expression of interest or explode on interrupt [computing].

Those look like really terrific topics, and in-depth for those campers who are examining the deep details of their FIRE plans.  I hope some speakers step up to share their insights and expertise.  Throw in extra maple fluff, if needed, to sweeten the deal!

Michalit20

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2018, 06:36:53 PM »
Super excited about 2019 camp and some of these session topics.
PTF!!!

ElleFiji

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2018, 06:42:36 PM »
How would you like potential speakers to propose that they cover a specific topic?  And thanks okits for translating

Le Poisson

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2018, 07:18:16 PM »
How would you like potential speakers to propose that they cover a specific topic?  And thanks okits for translating

PM me or send an email. Normally you respond to a EOI with a brief description of what you can offer and why you should do the job. Get me excited about having you do the thing so I include you in an RFQ circulation. (OK, there probably won't be an RFQ circulation, but we can pretend this is a proper tender circulation.)

Lews Therin

• Handlebar Stache
  • Used to be Canadian Ben
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2018, 07:19:34 PM »
That just sounds dirty to those without computing/engineering knowledge.

elaine amj

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2018, 09:18:52 PM »
Excited for another fantastic year. And this time I get to put myself on the FIREd list!!!

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

avrex

• Bristles
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2018, 09:12:25 PM »
[EOI]

I'm putting out an EOI for some broad speaking topics...

Mustachian marriage
Blogging/Vlogging
Tribe Building
Lifting others through FI/caring for the Disabled

Look, Le Poisson.
You've got some good ideas.

But, I really think you should bring this forward to Prospector.  ;)

UnleashHell

• Walrus Stache
  • Chapter IV - A New ... er.. something
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2018, 09:58:07 AM »

Mustachian marriage - OK really, I want someone to come in and talk about how money affects relationships. Preferably someone who works in psychology, relationship counselling, or similar. If you are that person, give me a shout and I'll not only hold you a bunk, I'll give you a rebate at the gate. Reading around here, I'm seeing too many struggling couples and we need to make families stronger.

a citrusy spin on this should be offered :D

but yeah - its a good idea. a relationship breakdown can have huge impact on finances for a long time. Its not all bout the money.

RetiredAt63

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2018, 03:10:26 PM »

Mustachian marriage - OK really, I want someone to come in and talk about how money affects relationships. Preferably someone who works in psychology, relationship counselling, or similar. If you are that person, give me a shout and I'll not only hold you a bunk, I'll give you a rebate at the gate. Reading around here, I'm seeing too many struggling couples and we need to make families stronger.

a citrusy spin on this should be offered :D

but yeah - its a good idea. a relationship breakdown can have huge impact on finances for a long time. Its not all bout the money.

Gaaaah - no no no no no

RetiredAt63

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2018, 03:13:20 PM »
Mr. Fish, so glad you have abandoned flashy cars and are starting to plan camp. 

I had never heard anything about an Eastern Ontario meetup, the only bad thing about our CM is that Toronto is a hellhole to drive through.  The camp venue is great, I only wish it were east of TO instead of west.  But stoicism wins here, eh, we will be stronger for the travail of our travel.

Le Poisson

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2018, 07:13:19 PM »

I had never heard anything about an Eastern Ontario meetup, the only bad thing about our CM is that Toronto is a hellhole to drive through.  The camp venue is great, I only wish it were east of TO instead of west.  But stoicism wins here, eh, we will be stronger for the travail of our travel.

There's a whole other side to the lake - you could come via Rochester instead!

RetiredAt63

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2018, 06:40:04 PM »

There's a whole other side to the lake - you could come via Rochester instead!

Been to Rochester, watched the Impact beat the Rhinos 1-0, don't need to go there again.  ;-)   Plus DD is on the wrong (west) side of Toronto, so I am stuck anyway.    ;-(      Mind you, if you found a great venue near Barnhousetown, that would be wonderful!!!!

Le Poisson

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2018, 08:24:52 AM »
HEy everyone... I know you've been awaiting announcements about camp... well wait no more...

All that you want to know is being shared under teh new @HippyMoneyCamp2019 moniker.

Please give the dedicated camp thread a follow over here: https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/camp-mustache-events/to-2019-hippy-money-camp-2019-announcement-registration-opens-jan-15-2019!!/

I'll be asking @arebelspy to lock down this one and keep all the conversation together under one umbrella.

J_Oden

• Handlebar Stache
  • I would rather fail gloriously than not venture
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2018, 11:47:43 AM »
I'll be asking @arebelspy to lock down this one and keep all the conversation together under one umbrella.

You should definitely do that. Otherwise everyone knows that you spelled "the" wrong. Did you report that post to the moderator? That gets things done quick(ly)!!! Because we have the second best moderators in the world!!