Author Topic: **Camp Mustache Returns... Sold out**  (Read 52781 times)

imustachemystash

• Bristles
**Camp Mustache Returns... Sold out**
« on: December 07, 2014, 09:39:03 AM »
Here's a little teaser of what we have planned so far:

Memorial Day Weekend
Friday May 22nd-Monday May 25th
That's right!  It's going to be 3 nights this year instead of 2 per MMM's request!

It's going to be held at a new location in a temperate rain forest outside of Seattle.

The venue is nicer (no bunk beds) but still not too fancy pants in order to keep the cost down. 

We will keep you posted once we are ready to sell tickets and you all will be the first to know.

*Edited to add that we decided that this year to charge full price for kids and hire a nanny to watch them so parents can relax a little more.

We hope to see you there!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:36:38 PM by imustachemystash »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: **Camp Mustache Returns... Save the Date!**
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 12:33:39 PM »
Camp Mustache I was incredible.  I'm definitely looking forward to Camp Mustache II: The Revenge!
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

swick

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 05:49:57 PM »
We are within travel distance this year! Looking forward to seeing how plans develop :)

SeaG

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 02:02:26 PM »
+1 (maybe 2) !!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 03:00:17 PM »
Are the dates set in stone enough that I can book airline tickets today, or is it still up in the air, even somewhat?

I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

imustachemystash

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 04:48:58 PM »
The dates are set in stone.  MMM gave us confirmation :).  We are thrilled you are going to make it! 

Lifeblood

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 07:46:35 PM »
I hope to make it back as well! I appreciate so much all the organizers did!

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 10:47:09 PM »
Sweet! Location sounds great. My calendar is marked.

Cressida

• Handlebar Stache
  • gender is a hierarchy
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 11:08:24 PM »
following. :)

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 01:27:59 AM »
following!!

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 06:54:47 AM »
Damn, I'm getting married again that weekend.  I'll send Robocar in my place.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 09:20:20 AM »
Damn, I'm getting married again that weekend.  I'll send Robocar in my place.

I'm guessing this is a joke, based on the robocar comment, but congrats if not.  :)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 09:21:49 AM »
When are we going to get an East Coast version?

How about the Capitol area? Would be central to most of east coasters along the 95 corridor.

Come on MMM!! You'll love it out here.

The people behind this literally put it all together and MMM just had to show up.  And it was amazing.

It's not MMM doing so - he's much too busy in FIRE.

I'd bet if people over there took the initiative, he'd try and show up.

MandalayVA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 12:51:52 PM »
Camp Mustache I was incredible.  I'm definitely looking forward to Camp Mustache II: The Revenge!

Don't you mean Camp Mustache II:  Electric Boogaloo?  :D

CheapskateWife

• Handlebar Stache
  • Location: Hill Country, TX - Being a blueberry in the Tomato Soup
  • FIRE'd and Loving it!
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2014, 01:12:34 PM »
I suppose this question might be posed to the OP, but for those whose "hair is on fire" and are not able to travel, how about setting up a webcam or "teleconference" so folks could check in and see what's up?

I know that is a lot to ask and would be a total PITA to keep up and running, but goodness I'd love to just listen in on the goodness that will be happening.

kudy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 01:20:24 PM »
Might be worth using some of my Southwest points for this...

sobezen

• Bristles
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 03:10:36 PM »
Very cool!  Please let us know more about the location too.  Interested in attending with hopefully +1.  Thank you!  Cheers!

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2014, 03:48:57 PM »
Is it pet friendly?

MicroRN

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 04:26:48 PM »
Hoping to make it this year! 

imustachemystash

• Bristles
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2014, 09:56:26 PM »
Sweet! Location sounds great. My calendar is marked.

We can't wait to see you again FiveSigmas!

imustachemystash

• Bristles
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 10:01:43 PM »
Is it pet friendly?

Sorry, unfortunately there is a no pet policy.

imustachemystash

• Bristles
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2014, 10:03:04 PM »
I suppose this question might be posed to the OP, but for those whose "hair is on fire" and are not able to travel, how about setting up a webcam or "teleconference" so folks could check in and see what's up?

I know that is a lot to ask and would be a total PITA to keep up and running, but goodness I'd love to just listen in on the goodness that will be happening.

I'll share your idea with the other organizers and let you know what we can come up with.

yolfer

• Pencil Stache
    • Camp Mustache
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2014, 11:14:37 PM »

LOL I've been calling it that! Or maybe "2 Stache 2 Furious"?

No matter what you want to call it, we're really excited to be putting this on again. Hope to see lots of familiar and new faces this year!

MsFrugalista

• Stubble
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2014, 11:47:28 PM »
*Edited to add that we decided that this year to charge full price for kids and hire a nanny to watch them so parents can relax a little more.

How will this work exactly? We would love to join you guys for this, however we will have a 4 month old infant by that time, so will need to factor that into the decision/planning.

sobezen

• Bristles
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2014, 09:31:09 AM »

I'll share your idea with the other organizers and let you know what we can come up with.

A teleconference is a fabulous idea if it can be implemented without too much trouble.  Also if the tickets sell out quickly or a last minute conflict arises, I'd still love to watch along live or even, catch a replay. :)  Also glad this is a pet free event, I love my dog but I wouldn't dream of bringing my 80 pound bubbly Akita to this event.

Really looking forward to more details about this event!  Cheers! :)

CheapskateWife

• Handlebar Stache
  • Location: Hill Country, TX - Being a blueberry in the Tomato Soup
  • FIRE'd and Loving it!
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2014, 09:41:40 AM »

Oh thank you thank you!  Maybe not even up and running the whole time, but if there is a "celebrity speaker" or other high value target, it would be great for scheduling time to listen in during the event.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2014, 11:57:21 AM »
Gotcha, just looked back at the post on last years.

I am still pretty new to the MMM way/community. I don't think I would have the chops to spearhead something at this point. Just made my first meetup in Nov. (same one you were at actually).

But maybe if I can get more involved in the local scene we can see if there would be any interest in putting something together. Maybe even just do a weekend meetup sans MMM and if it went well try and invite him to the next one.

There is a ton of you DC folks - I bet a few of you guys working together could put together something cool!

LOL I've been calling it that! Or maybe "2 Stache 2 Furious"?

Camp Mustache II: Attack of the Mustache

Camp Mustache II: The Mustache's Bogus Journey

Camp Mustache II: Mustache Harder

Camp Mustache II: A Very Mustache Sequel

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2014, 12:02:01 PM »

A teleconference is a fabulous idea if it can be implemented without too much trouble.  Also if the tickets sell out quickly or a last minute conflict arises, I'd still love to watch along live or even, catch a replay. :)  Also glad this is a pet free event, I love my dog but I wouldn't dream of bringing my 80 pound bubbly Akita to this event.

Really looking forward to more details about this event!  Cheers! :)

The only problem I see with this (just as an attendee commenting, not an organizer) is that it wasn't like a formal conference you attend for work.  It was an informal we all hang out and chat and learn from each other and have fun.. There's not much to film.  There were "breakout sessions," but even those were sort of informal round table discussions that people chimed in sort of socratic seminar style.

The benefit of it was participating in it, versus an event or speech that you watch (that would work fine watching on video or in person).

But maybe they'll come up with something and/or film the ones that were a little more "led" by a main speaker (like the travel hacking one - but even that was rather open question style).  Just throwing that out there so you understand the format a little if there isn't video.   :)

sobezen

• Bristles
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2014, 12:10:57 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to explain how CampMustache is not like a formal conference.  I imagined it probably would not be like one, but perhaps certain speakers who lead a discussion like a classroom setting can be recorded.  Anyway I look at it CampMustache II is shaping up to be the highlight event of the first half of the year for me. :)

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2014, 12:13:04 PM »
Sobezen. not everyone has a big energetic puppy. Some of us have old, tiny lap dogs.

sobezen

• Bristles
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2014, 02:22:45 PM »
Sobezen. not everyone has a big energetic puppy. Some of us have old, tiny lap dogs.

I've found for every animal lover (like us) there are people who do not want to be around animals.  I feel we need to respect this.  Especially at this event where the focus is people interacting and sharing information, pets regardless of breed, age or size, do not belong.  YMMV.  Cheers!

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2014, 04:19:30 PM »
Did if ever occur to you that they would not be at the event but in the hotel room?

swick

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2014, 05:07:13 PM »
Did if ever occur to you that they would not be at the event but in the hotel room?

I believe the "No Dogs" policy comes from where the camp itself is held - it was bunk housing last year I believe, and somewhat remote from town (I might be mis-remembering, I didn't make it) but the organizers have to abide by the rules of where they are renting.

If you didn't actually want to camp overnight and stay in a hotel with your pup, they might be able to organize a day pass type of thing?

imustachemystash

• Bristles
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2014, 06:05:30 PM »

I believe the "No Dogs" policy comes from where the camp itself is held - it was bunk housing last year I believe, and somewhat remote from town (I might be mis-remembering, I didn't make it) but the organizers have to abide by the rules of where they are renting.

If you didn't actually want to camp overnight and stay in a hotel with your pup, they might be able to organize a day pass type of thing?

Swick is correct.  As much as we love all creatures great and small, the lodging and site of the retreat has a no pet policy.  Also, in order to maintain the integrity of the retreat we decided to not have day passes. 

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2014, 04:08:42 PM »
That's fine. So many places now are pet friendly that it has been easier to travel since most of our pet sitters have moved away & we also have a motorhome since more parks are pet friendly.  I think day passes would be a good thing but I am sure you have reasons to not do that. 

yolfer

• Pencil Stache
    • Camp Mustache
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2014, 03:30:53 PM »

How will this work exactly? We would love to join you guys for this, however we will have a 4 month old infant by that time, so will need to factor that into the decision/planning.

We'll establish a cut-off age (i.e. "children younger than ___ are free"), but I'm pretty sure your 4 month old will be below that age, and thus not need a ticket :)

LadyStache

• Stubble
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2014, 04:19:35 PM »
Following.

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2015, 11:40:12 AM »
YAY!!! Thanks Joe for pointing me to this!!
I'll definitely save the date!!
Last year's event was so much fun!!!!
So thrilled to hear you guys are putting in the work again this year!!
Thank you Imuststashmystash and Yolfer!

I may need a bit more heads up regarding planning, but I'll do my very best!!!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 11:48:46 AM by FrugalZony »

scrubbyfish

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2015, 01:36:53 PM »
Found via arebelspy's post to FrugalZony's journal. Not sure if I can make (afford) it, or if I could un-shy myself enough to do it anyway, but following! I really like the nanny idea!! I'm often pitching to group stuff that we do exactly that!

boy_bye

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2015, 02:57:29 PM »
whee! not sure if i'll be able to come or not, or if i will feel mustachian enough by then to be in y'all's presence :) but i want the updates!

Jon_Snow

• Magnum Stache
  • I am no man’s chair.
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2015, 03:23:16 PM »
Hmm... This thing is almost in my backyard (within a few hundred km's). Will be following thread as details emerge.

imustachemystash

• Bristles
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2015, 04:18:20 PM »
I hope you can make it FrugalZony.  It was nice to meet you last year, and the retreat this year is an extra day so we can get to know each other better. 

scrubbyfish

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2015, 07:16:52 PM »
Our passports expired October, so that would mean a fair amount more on top of everything... Hmmm...  Will see!

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2015, 07:41:45 PM »
Okay, very excited for this following and hope to attend.

yolfer

• Pencil Stache
    • Camp Mustache
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2015, 09:00:34 AM »
Hi Everyone!

Glad to see so much excitement about the event, from both new and familiar folks!

We're happy to announce that tickets are on sale now: http://campmustache2015.brownpapertickets.com/

They're $425 for adults, $225 for youth, and $50 for young children. This is the all-inclusive price (lodging, food, sessions, nature, camaraderie, nanny for the kids, etc.)

We're giving you MMM forum readers a chance to get tickets before MMM tweets/posts about the event. If this year is anything like last, when MMM opens the floodgates, the tickets disappear within a few hours!

Let me know if you have any questions! There's also an informational website: http://campmustache.weebly.com

See you at Camp Mustache!!!!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2015, 09:30:26 AM »
Two tickets purchased.

Will travel hack the flight later.

See you in May!

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2015, 10:29:34 AM »
This sounds awesome!! So glad you guys are putting in the time again to organize this for us!

Bummer, I am not ready to commit yet, as I have a few things happening in May, that need to be planned out first.
I'll probably end up on the wait list by the time I can get this sorted out

2Saving4Life

• Stubble
    • Evolving Escapades
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2015, 10:31:35 PM »
My wife and I really wanted to go last year but were just getting ready to put our house on the market. I said if Camp Mustache comes back next year we will be there.  I purchased them as soon as I noticed they were for sale.  We are looking forward to meeting everyone.

imustachemystash

• Bristles
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2015, 09:47:52 AM »
Nice 2Saving4life.  We can't wait to meet you both.

Tami1982

• Handlebar Stache
    • Disabled Girl on Fire
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2015, 11:05:03 AM »
Ah!  Don't post it on the blog!  Give me a couple weeks and I can buy a ticket!!  :P  :)

Edited to add: Did math.  I can buy ticket on Friday February 6th.  Just hold off that long:)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 12:45:05 PM by Tami1982 »

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!