Author Topic: Election 2022  (Read 42026 times)

chevy1956

• Bristles
Re: Election 2022
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2022, 07:36:34 PM »
@Dropbear - I read that article. It was really good. Thank You.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2022, 12:53:21 AM »
The two recent polls, including today's newspoll both have the current two party preferred at Labor 56%, LNP 44%.

If that continues to the election it would be a bit of a landslide.  For reference, it was about the same in mid-late 2018.

This is very good news, but there are at least 2x reasons for caution:

1. The Murdoch media.

If the results were the other way around, then there'd be no end to all the articles about Labor's leadership instability, or "vote this mob out" front pages.  But for Morrison, it's "is Scomo our person of the year?".

2. We are continually surprised (or unsurprised) at the depths the LNP will sink to in order to maintain their position.

We've already seen Morrison turn on Djokovic like Howard did with the lie about "children overboard".  Morrison has also announced the AUKUS pact, even though no deal has been signed. I'm actually quite afraid that Morrison and Dutton might consider starting a war in case that might help them get reelected.

So anything can happen between now and May, whether that's in the media or in real events...

I too am fearful of this type of outcome.  I can see Dutton salivating at the idea of a conflict in Ukraine as a means of shoring up support.

At least we have our most deadly ship still available, the Ruby Princess.  No need to wait 30 years for those subs.

I can't remember ever seeing Labor at 56% TPP, other than when Rudd briefly got to 57%(?)

In any case 56% is a remarkable landslide prediction result that will have Morrison clinging on to the reigns of power for as long as he can, knowing his government is terminal. I don't believe the Murdoch Media has the power it once did.... most people simply don't buy the newspapers anymore, so getting the Murdoch trash all over the dining room table isn't the major problem it once was.

The mood for change is there and it might sweep away all the nascent independent movements in NSW except for Warringah, Wentworth and Bradfield. But Labor hasn't announced a candidate in Hughes, so we fight on!

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2022, 01:37:46 AM »
Don't forget Sky is free to air in the regions.

alsoknownasDean

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2022, 02:47:35 AM »
Yeah after 2019 I don't know how much I trust the polling.

Re: Murdoch influence, let's not forget how many people get their news from Facebook etc, often from, let's just say, 'unreliable' sources.

Dropbear

• Stubble
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2022, 07:50:55 PM »
The LNP now appear to be completely imploding:
- Bitter mudslinging all round.
- Trying to legislate a religious discrimination bill that they can't agree on, and that the majority of Australians don't want.
- And their various factions can't come to an agreement about who their candidates will be, but still they can't risk letting their branches vote on their candidates because some branches have been stacked by right wing fundamentalists.

LonerMatt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2022, 08:13:30 PM »
I'm glad the religious freedom bill got paused. I hope it gets binned.

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2022, 08:29:39 PM »
It is starting to look like the PM has lost control of Parliament.  Two lost votes now in the last few sitting days, and Parliament is only rostered on for a few days before the election.  I think he is trying to avoid Parliament to avoid too many embarrassments.  I feel this is a dilution of our democracy.

Grace Tame and Brittney Higgins speech at the press club was well worth a watch if you haven't seen it yet.  It is on iview.

happy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2022, 01:54:19 PM »
I'm glad the religious freedom bill got paused. I hope it gets binned.
Me too. As a person of faith I've felt fear of discrimination plenty of times. But that bill was/is a shocker! For once I agree with Albanese that people of faith shouldn't be discriminated against but that should not come at the cost of discrimination of others.

It is starting to look like the PM has lost control of Parliament.  Two lost votes now in the last few sitting days, and Parliament is only rostered on for a few days before the election.  I think he is trying to avoid Parliament to avoid too many embarrassments.  I feel this is a dilution of our democracy.

Grace Tame and Brittney Higgins speech at the press club was well worth a watch if you haven't seen it yet.  It is on iview.

The government looks to be all over the shop right now. I do think the press are really piling on though, and the PM seems to have lost control of their narrative. I've always marvelled that John Howard managed to stay in as long as he did, but his press management was masterful and in stark contrast to Scomo.

I watched the Tame/Higgins speech and thought it was spot on. I also loved to see Tame annihilate stupid questions from the press.

chevy1956

• Bristles
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2022, 03:58:58 PM »
The result of that religious bill for me personally is that I'm voting Labour. What a shocker.

LonerMatt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2022, 05:54:32 PM »
I'm encouraged by how the public has responded to a lot of the LGBTIQ+ focused wedge issues, both the plebiscite and this (there may be more but it's Friday and being a bit of a nufty), seems a lot more folks are generally supportive and sick of debate that potentially harms folks.

Maybe that's just the debate I see, but it's encouraging to see.

I feel similarly about public debate re: indigenous inclusion, government, etc.

Dropbear

• Stubble
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2022, 11:37:47 PM »
I'm so glad that Morrison's religious discrimination bill failed.  It was so terrible to see the government betting with the lives of LGBTIQ+ people, all for a game of political wedgies.

At least this charade appears to have clarified that the rights of the whole community remain paramount, at least for now.  If the situation needs any further resolution in the future, then Waleed Aly has an excellent proposal: to withhold government funding from any institution (such as Citipointe) that chooses not to abide by more broadly accepted values.  I recommend reading his article:
https://www.smh.com.au/national/there-s-a-solution-to-the-discrimination-bill-balancing-act-but-it-comes-at-a-price-20220210-p59v8t.html

These events have also clarified the true colours of some of the supposed Liberal 'moderates'.  When Bridget Archer and other members of the government were crossing the floor, my own supposedly moderate Liberal MP placed his vote with the bigots.

The political infighting isn't over though.  There'll be more shenanigans in the Liberal NSW preselections.  And I wonder what effect all these state and federal dramas will be having on the four NSW byelections this weekend?  We shall see...

Dropbear

• Stubble
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2022, 04:51:20 PM »
Scott Morrison is not only a danger to himself:

Scott Morrison's welding moment goes viral over crucial error
https://au.news.yahoo.com/scott-morrison-welding-moment-goes-viral-over-crucial-error-080517941.html

But a danger to all of us:

Morrison and Dutton are puffing themselves up like mini-me McCarthyists – and it’s beyond reckless
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/feb/17/morrison-and-dutton-are-imperilling-australias-national-security-to-hang-on-to-power

Shame on the Liberals for putting their own election interests ahead of Australia's interests by pushing lies, divisiveness, and fear.

LonerMatt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2022, 03:39:27 PM »
Morrison seems to be more a whirling dervish than a man at the moment.

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2022, 12:35:07 AM »
I would be interested in others opinions of the budget.  Personally I am a bit concerned about the focus of it.  In an inflationary environment the government wants to stimulate more spending.  Surely the money could have been spent on things that would improve productivity such as child care funding, or decent levels of renewable energy investment and storage to help us all electrify everything and get us off oil, coal and gas as internationally exposed energy sources.

LonerMatt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2022, 01:06:40 AM »
Unsurprisingly, I find the inherent cynicism of the budget a bit of a let down. Throw money at short term problems (fuel costs) and quick cash grabs (is $420 going to make much of a difference in an inflationary environment to anyone's year?), that'll get people on board. The tax breaks to fossil fuel and extractive industries, consistent lack of increased investment in alternatives, unallocated disaster funding and just consistent 'we'll give them a big car park' just is so patronising of voter's desires, wants and aspirations of the society.

There's a lot in the budget, I can't claim to be an expert. But relevant to our field, middo, 60m in chaplain funding, not much equivalent in counselor, social work or psychology professionals in schools. Not much around increasing equitable funding to public schools. Unsurprising, but still.

The anti-China rhetoric is just appalling at the moment, and reflects so poorly on decisions made by the LNP (Port of Darwin, reducing DFAT's budget which prevents diplomacy in the Pacific from being firmly pro-Australia), public inflammatory comments re: CCP for showboating - just a litany of ''you've made your bed now lie in it'' and the pivot towards Australia's long history of anti-Chinese sentiment is ugly. A series of problems vastly exacerbated by LNP policy and publicity IMO. (the CCP is bad, but cmon, LNP, the fuck are you doing?)

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2022, 05:12:03 AM »
I would be interested in others opinions of the budget.  Personally I am a bit concerned about the focus of it.  In an inflationary environment the government wants to stimulate more spending.  Surely the money could have been spent on things that would improve productivity such as child care funding, or decent levels of renewable energy investment and storage to help us all electrify everything and get us off oil, coal and gas as internationally exposed energy sources.

It's an incredibly irresponsible budget... in supposed good times with the lowest unemployment in 40 years, we have an $80 billion deficit this year and another $80 billion deficit next year. It's madness.

The billions given away in fuel excise cuts would be exactly what is needed to fix all the potholes in the roads from the rain, and the bridges and indeed the entire towns washed away by the floods.

But that's the least of the problems.... there's just not any long term planning. Apart from debt and deficits out to 2061.

LonerMatt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2022, 05:42:46 PM »
Well the election has been called, vote compass is back up (placing yours truly 1/2 between labour and greens) and there'll be some campaigning for sure.

Good luck to all the MMM'ers trying to get certain members elected. I think a hung parliament (with some specific issue focused power holders) or a slim labour majority sound like pretty good outcomes to me.

Gotta get more aggressive on climate change, labour regulations and anti-corruption. Oh an house prices.

alsoknownasDean

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2022, 03:22:23 AM »
Does anyone else fill in their ballot paper in reverse order? If there's 8 candidates on my paper I'll often start at 8, then 7, 6, etc. Process of elimination :)

I'm just looking forward to the early voting opening so I can get it done and ignore the BS. I made my decision a long time ago.

Especially with the risk of contracting COVID-19 prior to the 21st and being required to isolate on the day.

I can always grill a sausage on the BBQ at home :D

I think a hung parliament (with some specific issue focused power holders) or a slim labour majority sound like pretty good outcomes to me.

My concern is the possibility of a situation where the UAP holds the balance of power in the Senate. That lot are unpredictable.

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2022, 03:27:54 AM »
Yes.

The corflutes for Zed are already stuck in the ground next to every lamppost on the main roads here. Doesn’t leave much room for the other candidates advertising.

Gremlin

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2022, 04:48:02 PM »
Yes.

The corflutes for Zed are already stuck in the ground next to every lamppost on the main roads here. Doesn’t leave much room for the other candidates advertising.
The 2nd ACT senate spot is going to be a very interesting contest.  I'm not in the ACT, but I think Zed has been pretty arrogant towards Ken Behrens over the past few years with the expectation that ACT will always split 1:1 between the two majors.  I think there is a very real prospect of him not getting the 33.3% + 1 this year and all of a sudden he's sh*tting bricks.  Will be very interesting to see if Pocock can hoover up enough minor party preferences to dislodge him.  I read that DP has been allowed to register his entity as a political party which means people will have the opportunity to vote for him 'above the line', as opposed to just being listed as an 'independent'.  That gets him in the running.

Gremlin

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2022, 05:00:56 PM »
Does anyone else fill in their ballot paper in reverse order? If there's 8 candidates on my paper I'll often start at 8, then 7, 6, etc. Process of elimination :)

I'm just looking forward to the early voting opening so I can get it done and ignore the BS. I made my decision a long time ago.

Especially with the risk of contracting COVID-19 prior to the 21st and being required to isolate on the day.

I can always grill a sausage on the BBQ at home :D

I think a hung parliament (with some specific issue focused power holders) or a slim labour majority sound like pretty good outcomes to me.

My concern is the possibility of a situation where the UAP holds the balance of power in the Senate. That lot are unpredictable.

I pre-polled at the previous Federal Election and again at last year's State Election and I found the whole process much simpler and easier than going on the day.  At the state poll, I pre-packed my own democracy sausage to have after I voted.  Mrs G was somewhat embarrassed by that, but one of the 'how to vote hustlers' told me that a few other voters had also done the same.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2022, 12:46:19 AM »
It's currently all over the papers that the Liberal captain's pick for the seat, Katherine Deves, is transphobic - she's said in the past that sex is immutable as well as posting a bunch of dodgy comments on the socials. Warringah voted 75% in favour of marriage equality, the fourth highest in NSW. So you could say we are supporters of the LGBTQI community... Odd choice for the seat! I guess we are also a very sporty electorate and the candidate's key gripe is trans women competing against cis women, so maybe she'll get support?

I hope the debates they have don't just bore on about this one topic. 

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2022, 05:12:29 AM »
Ken Behrens, love that phrase :)

I actually do have some sympathy for the view that trans women (and intersex women) have a slight and yes possibly unfair advantage against cis gendered women on the sporting field.

The difference is that I believe the various respective sporting bodies have already developed procedures to deal with it. There's absolutely no need to denigrate and dehumanise these people, use them to prosecute a culture war and legislate against them. The issue has long ago already been solved, and everyone involved in every sport seems to be reasonably ok with how it is being sensitively managed.

It's pathetic, and Morrison deserves to take heat for it.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2022, 06:11:12 AM »
Tony Abbott has come out in support of her, so there's a death knell for the seat, if it wasn't dead already! The stuff she's said goes way beyond sport, it's just full on phobic and she seriously needs to go. Imagine being a liberal volunteer handing out the how-to-vote flyers on the day.

LonerMatt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2022, 05:06:56 PM »
Good to see really high enrollment, as noted by the AEC.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2022, 05:47:57 AM »
Tony Abbott has come out in support of her, so there's a death knell for the seat, if it wasn't dead already! The stuff she's said goes way beyond sport, it's just full on phobic and she seriously needs to go. Imagine being a liberal volunteer handing out the how-to-vote flyers on the day.

Knives are really out now - been reported that Zali's ex-husband's new wife is the one who signed the Liberal Party nomination form to get Deves in.

Also been reported that Deves signed up as a Zali supporter in 2019.

Fun and games.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2022, 06:15:17 AM »

Knives are really out now - been reported that Zali's ex-husband's new wife is the one who signed the Liberal Party nomination form to get Deves in.

Also been reported that Deves signed up as a Zali supporter in 2019.

Fun and games.

Apparently on all other matters, Deves is moderate or progressive. It's just that she has this unholy obsession with trans people that has consumed her. The profile in the SMH seemed to imply that she went to law school only recently so that she could work on it. That's pretty full on. I wonder what happened to make her so. Anyway.. the profile also pointed out that the liberals long ago decided that Warringah was a lost cause, so she is just being used to dogwhistle to the religious western suburbs.

Apparently the polling has Allegra Spender ahead, Sophie Scamps very close in Mackellar and the independent in WA is also doing well. Imagine if there were 6 independents (if the existing 3 get back in).

alsoknownasDean

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2022, 08:47:04 PM »
What a surprise that One Nation are going down the American path of questioning the election results/process...before it's even been held.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-29/aec-warns-pauline-hanson-one-nation-over-voter-fraud-video/101026812

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2022, 03:43:29 AM »
The rate rise today is going to feed the feelings that the current government isn't controlling cost of living pressures for those that struggle to manage their income/expenses ratios.

happy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2022, 04:20:03 PM »
Lots of signs around here saying "I'm voting for a better climate". No matter who wins I'm hoping this sends a strong message.

LonerMatt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2022, 05:39:54 PM »
I love that ~!

alsoknownasDean

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2022, 02:23:02 AM »
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/howard-s-stark-warning-to-liberals-any-teal-seat-loss-spells-end-of-government-20220504-p5aidb.html

Maybe the Liberal Party should look into why people in those electorates are prepared to give the teals a go.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Gremlin

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2022, 10:27:55 PM »
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/howard-s-stark-warning-to-liberals-any-teal-seat-loss-spells-end-of-government-20220504-p5aidb.html

Maybe the Liberal Party should look into why people in those electorates are prepared to give the teals a go.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Indeed.  I suspect whoever loses this election will face a crisis of identity over the coming three years. 

If Labor loses, then they'll have twice lost 'unloseable' elections.  They'll need to completely reinvent their brand.  There are a bunch of people who are centrist but anti-union and they'd probably need to lessen the union links in order to ever appeal to that group. 

If the Coalition lose, especially if the Libs lose a bunch of seats to the teals, then the pitch from opposition will HAVE to automatically disenfranchise some of their existing supporters.  If it's a rout this time round, then the scale of that disenfranchisement will be huge.  The proliferation of RWNJ parties has worked to their advantage in the past couple of elections, but if the Libs have to reposition their values back towards the teal value set, then the RWNJs will carve up their right hand edge.

I'm just as interested as to what happens to the Nats if it's a rout, especially if Nicholls falls to Priestly.  There's a lot of farmers who face wipeout from climate inaction who see the Nats under Joyce supporting the interests of mining ahead of farming.  Barnaby is particularly on the nose in the southern rural areas.  If Zali was the canary in the coalmine at the last election for the teals this time round, then Priestly could easily be that for the ochres.

LonerMatt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2022, 01:26:44 AM »
Not sure how much further federal labour could get from unions....

Gremlin

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2022, 02:57:51 AM »
Not sure how much further federal labour could get from unions....

Ummmm…

I reckon having the leaders, including the potential PM, marching alongside CFMEU heavyweights thru Brisbane on Monday, singing “Solidarity Forever”, whilst important to their union mates, is probably a net vote loser. It’s not a good look to those who continue to say the Labor Party are beholden to the unions.

LonerMatt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2022, 07:30:32 PM »
Voted yesterday, was pretty painless which is always nice.

Can we just reflect on some of the more insane bozos running for senate?
Yes there's UAP and One Nation (vomit), Derryn Hinch 'Justice' Party, Australian Federation Party (who want to implement Gonski funding reforms then give parents the money which is like 2 steps forward and 18 back???), Fusion (which is like the crypto/NFT technolibertarian party) and of course 'informed medical opinions' which is clearly anti-vax.

Hat's off, however, to Great Australia Party for this absolute mess of a paragraph (their policy on Education):

"To ensure this we will replace the UNESCO “PROGRESSIVE” system with a full “SYLLABUS” system. Emphasis is on responsibility, competition and discipline. We will address the investigation of particular roles in education e.g. School Inspectors, ensure respect of the various religious Values, Patriotism and Morality. Aptitude tests will be conducted to ensure students are directed towards an education in line with their capabilities and interests."

Also there's like 5 parties (Australia Values, Reason, Sustainable Australia, etc) that all want 'evidence based policy' and 'reasonable policy' that seems to be their big idea. Evidence rarely is conclusive and doesn't always point to one thing - I like Reason's proposals, but they are progressive. Why not own it?

Gremlin

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2022, 08:43:50 PM »

Yes there's UAP and One Nation (vomit), Derryn Hinch 'Justice' Party, Australian Federation Party (who want to implement Gonski funding reforms then give parents the money which is like 2 steps forward and 18 back???), Fusion (which is like the crypto/NFT technolibertarian party) and of course 'informed medical opinions' which is clearly anti-vax.

Hat's off, however, to Great Australia Party for this absolute mess of a paragraph (their policy on Education):

"To ensure this we will replace the UNESCO “PROGRESSIVE” system with a full “SYLLABUS” system. Emphasis is on responsibility, competition and discipline. We will address the investigation of particular roles in education e.g. School Inspectors, ensure respect of the various religious Values, Patriotism and Morality. Aptitude tests will be conducted to ensure students are directed towards an education in line with their capabilities and interests."

Also there's like 5 parties (Australia Values, Reason, Sustainable Australia, etc) that all want 'evidence based policy' and 'reasonable policy' that seems to be their big idea. Evidence rarely is conclusive and doesn't always point to one thing - I like Reason's proposals, but they are progressive. Why not own it?

But Matt - you've failed to address the biggest issue.  Democracy sausage?

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2022, 08:47:50 PM »
Ooof the Great Australia Party sound awful & will have kids singing the anthem every day.

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2022, 09:47:11 PM »

The sausage is why we are waiting until polling day.  Bring our dog and give her one too...

LonerMatt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2022, 09:47:43 PM »

No for early voters like me :(

But I am in the People's Republic of Melbourne so perhaps other locations will have better luck.

I always go to a local PS for voting on the weekend, someone's running a bake sale for SURE.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2022, 02:20:34 AM »
I might pre-poll too. I don't want to feel rushed because I'll mess up and spoil my senate ballot. I'll make my own sausage.

I noticed that the liberals haven't managed to staff the Warringah pre-poll location I passed on Monday. They bussed them in when Abbott was fighting to save the seat. It's nice being a lost cause! I saw that the UAP had staff again - last year the guy we spoke to was paid to be there. $80 million gets you a lot of "supporters". 

I passed a pre-poll place in Wentworth today and there were lots of Allegra Spender volunteers outside. All smiling in the rain. My friend in the electorate is voting Sharma but his wife was tight lipped so fingers crossed.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2022, 04:44:46 AM »
UAP helpers have been promised a few things for their assistance at this election. I won't reveal what (it's nearly but not quite verified gossip from connections to Craig Kelly), but it almost makes me want to turn out in a yellow shirt. Almost haha.

Our purple hero has been getting a little bit of love in Hughes. We're totally up against it, but Linda got her face on Channel 9 news today. Have a watch in the link below. I wasn't in this one, but I did try and sneak onto the camera when Sky News were filming Jenny Ware.

https://fb.watch/c-ggoBAn4t/

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2022, 05:22:57 AM »
If it’s similar to the mortgage interest rate promise, I’m not sure that it’s deliverable!

Malee55

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2022, 01:42:32 AM »
I have voted so I am no longer seriously looking at election news. I really wanted to ask yellow people why on earth they were voting for/campaigning for UAP. But I don't want to offend them - I really want to know. To me it seems a total no brainer that it is a scam of a party.

alsoknownasDean

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2022, 02:06:46 AM »
I have voted so I am no longer seriously looking at election news. I really wanted to ask yellow people why on earth they were voting for/campaigning for UAP. But I don't want to offend them - I really want to know. To me it seems a total no brainer that it is a scam of a party.

I suspect it's largely a protest vote. A few people out there who are all 'f all the major parties'. They're likely voting against the major parties rather than for the UAP.

LonerMatt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2022, 02:46:02 AM »
Use super to pay for a house, idk, availability of money isn't the issue: the cost and debt are the problems. It seems pretty silly to me.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2022, 05:15:33 PM »

I won't try and cast aspersions but there is a strong attraction to the UAP from the "alternative" woo woo crystals and naturopathy type ones.

There's A LOT of them out there... lots of yellow shirts and Kelly getting quite a few voters in my area because of it unfortunately.

He's also apparently quite big on tik tok... people seem to like his "F U" attitude.

It's all so horribly wrong.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2022, 06:15:34 PM »
I start volunteering at the pre-polling today. I voted yesterday and all the volunteers were chatting and no-one engaged me except the Greens because I happened to look behind me in the queue at one point. They were practically blocking the door and I had to walk behind all of them to get to it. Maybe I looked like a bag lady but even bag ladies vote. Bloody useless, terrible look for all parties. I hope to be better!  It's also a horrible location for a pre-poll with people approaching from many directions next to a busy bus stop.

I overhead someone in the dog park today saying "and what's that Ziggy ever done?" She was from outside "Ziggy's" electorate and chatting to a group so I didn't pipe up even though I should have.

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2022, 07:16:18 PM »
I voted this morning and easily avoided the leafleteers who were holding up the voters. Then I decided to get how to vote cards for my mother afterwards.

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2022, 03:25:15 PM »