Author Topic: Worth it to try this for extra money?  (Read 2111 times)

EconDiva

• Handlebar Stache
Worth it to try this for extra money?
« on: May 05, 2014, 09:04:03 AM »
I'm looking to make an extra $200-$300 month.  I was thinking buying and selling items from Craigslist/Ebay.  The catch is I don't have a car.  I see a lot of furniture items on Craigslist I feel like I could turn around easily/quickly for extra cash.  The good thing about Craigslist is that its local, so I could make the cash quicker, and there's less competition.  The good thing about Ebay is that I don't need a car to pick up things (could try purchasing electronic items), but it would take longer to sell, plus there's a lot more competition. 

I thought about posting an ad on Craigslist for someone who could be my 'deliverer'...they pick up the local Craigslist goods and bring them to me for a fee.  Problem with that is I'd have to give them a cut of my sales, plus I'm not sure how I'd handle payment since they'd supposedly be picking up the item without me (which brings up the issue of not liking what I've purchased since I was only able to rely on the pics).

Thoughts on all of this...?

Oh, I also forgot to mention that I have access to Zipcars, but they are usually smaller sized vehicles.

SunshineGirl

• Pencil Stache
Re: Worth it to try this for extra money?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 09:21:15 AM »
I would say that because of your transportation issues, the amount you'd make "per hour" doing this might be quite low. How about a simple job a few hours per week within walking distance of your house? A flower shop, etc.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!