Author Topic: Work question  (Read 1801 times)

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
Work question
« on: July 09, 2015, 06:03:10 PM »
I work for a company that has a couple sister companies.  I used to work for company A but now work for company B.  I found out via HR that my coworker at company B wants to hire someone who worked for me at company A and still works at company A.  Problem is, this guy from Company A was my worst employee – lazy, he didn’t complete assignments that weren’t interesting, and made lots of mistakes.  Should I tell my coworker at company B?  I don’t particularly want to work with this guy again and I will have to quite often if he makes the move to company B.  Company B coworker hasn’t asked my opinion and might not even know I know  (I only know because HR called to ask what level it might be posted at).

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
Re: Work question
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 07:02:23 PM »
Yes, but with the qualifier that you shouldn't say anything in private that you wouldn't be able to defend in public.

Also, be sure to clarify how recent (or dated) your information is.  First-person opinions are great and B coworker should be happy to get them, so that's why the "yes", but do ensure you are being fair in case your information is out of date.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
Re: Work question
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 08:01:14 PM »
Yes , provide specific examples and focus on his behaviour and results, not attitude and suggest that people can change so it is up to her to take or leave the advice.

For all you know she is looking for a relaxed lazy employee!