Author Topic: Work phone options - iphone 6 or 6s?  (Read 2612 times)

jeromedawg

• Walrus Stache
Work phone options - iphone 6 or 6s?
« on: January 05, 2016, 09:12:13 AM »
Hey guys,

I need to order a work phone (at no cost to me) and the options look to be either the iphone 6s on AT&T or the iphone 6 on Verizon. I've been out of the game a bit with carriers since I'm on PagePlus but I have a bias towards Verizon. I dunno, which one should I go with?

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
Re: Work phone options - iphone 6 or 6s?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 09:23:39 AM »
6S is newer, and supports more LTE frequencies (potentially better coverage depending on the area and carrier) than the 6, but they're essentially the same phone.  I'd look into which network (Verizon vs. ATT) is best in your area, or the areas you'll frequent, and base your decision more on that.

HairyUpperLip

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 09:29:22 AM »
I'm debating switching to my work provided phone as well.

My options are iPhone 6 regular or Plus with 64gb  or iPhone 6S regular or Plus with only 16gb.

Provider would be Sprint.

I personally have at&t and have no real issues or complaints, it works. I do hear that Verizon is faster from other locals that have had both.

I'd just ask what people locally would pick and go with the flow...

jeromedawg

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 09:57:35 AM »
6S is newer, and supports more LTE frequencies (potentially better coverage depending on the area and carrier) than the 6, but they're essentially the same phone.  I'd look into which network (Verizon vs. ATT) is best in your area, or the areas you'll frequent, and base your decision more on that.

Thanks! I was a Verizon customer for a long time and I think by general consensus, they're most reliable of all the services. I think ATT is up there as well though. I think both are pretty decent in my area.

Blonde Lawyer

• Pencil Stache
    • My Student Loan Refi Story
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 10:24:31 AM »
I have ATT and where I live, Verizon is much better.  I'll be switching back when I get my next phone.

jeromedawg

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 12:46:18 PM »
I ended up going with ATT. I'm sure if the reception is terrible (which I don't think it will be) I can always send it back and order the Verizon phone instead. Not a big deal for me since it's a corporate phone and I'm not paying for it :)

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!