Author Topic: Work appropriate good quality women's clothes UK  (Read 1993 times)

Shandi76

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Work appropriate good quality women's clothes UK
« on: March 07, 2015, 01:25:04 PM »
I've been following ERE Jacob's method of continuing to wear the same clothes even after putting on some weight, partly as an incentive to lose the 10lbs or so gained but mainly because I hate clothes shopping. However, I have had to admit defeat: all my work trousers are just too tight (though tops still fit fine).

I fully intend to lose the weight, but in the meantime I need a few work appropriate items of clothing to wear that will fit. I'd prefer items like dresses which are not low cut, and around knee length. I work in education so the dress code is smart casual meaning no suits required but I am not allowed to wear jeans. I really don't want to buy trousers as I am determined to lose the weight and they don't work well when too loose. I was thinking maybe dresses would be more forgiving of a bit of weight fluctuation?

I'm in the UK, was a clothes size 10 but probably need a size 12 now (US size 8), so a fairly regular clothes size. I'm 5'8 so can fit regular sizes but some dresses can be unacceptably short as they are designed for average height females. Does anyone have any suggestions for which stores to visit, or what types of clothes will be easiest to keep and restyle once I get back to my fighting weight?

shelivesthedream

• Walrus Stache
Re: Work appropriate good quality women's clothes UK
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 02:51:44 PM »
Next and M&S. But if you just figure out what size you are in each shop, you'll find tons of barely-worn stuff on eBay.

For serious weight-based flexibility, wrap dresses! Just tie them tighter or looser and wear a camisole or slip underneath if they get a bit busty.

Shandi76

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Work appropriate good quality women's clothes UK
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 10:23:59 AM »
Thanks for the advice shelivesthedream :-) I'll need to make a trip to the city to check out M & S and Next.

I've sold a few things on eBay but never thought to buy anything from there. Have been outbid on 3 dresses so far, but I'm sure I will get something at a reasonable price.