Author Topic: Why does this always happen??? (Required expenses)  (Read 2317 times)

Zero Degrees

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Why does this always happen??? (Required expenses)
« on: January 22, 2017, 04:47:03 PM »
Hi All,
I was so proud of myself for taking one hour of my time to shop around and change auto insurance.

Savings: $25 per month and $300 per year. Yay me.

I did this while on a businesses trip, only to return to my energy bill which had increased BY $27 per month, $324 per year. I'm on the auto budget plan (based on previous usage).

So much for saving a few bucks. Not to mention, my ACTUAL usage for last billing cycle was $285. I'm really shocked because I rarely used my AC last summer. This winter, I dropped my thermostat by 6 degrees too.

Another reason to get out of this giant house.

So today, I also switched homeowners insurance.

Savings: $23 per month and $276 per year.

After all that, I'm only saving $21 per month and $252 per year.

Just WHY does this always happen.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
Re: Why does this always happen??? (Required expenses)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 07:15:48 PM »
Get off the budget plan? From what I've seen, they just allow people to average the highs and lows together, while also disconnecting you from immediate consequences of the thermostat setting.

NoStacheOhio

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Why does this always happen??? (Required expenses)
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 10:32:44 AM »
Get off the budget plan? From what I've seen, they just allow people to average the highs and lows together, while also disconnecting you from immediate consequences of the thermostat setting.

+1

I've never used the budget plans. Don't know about yours, but ours go for 11 months, then hit you with any overages in month 12 before recalculating. I'd rather just pay for what I use when I use it.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!