Author Topic: Why do people get obsessed with weddings?  (Read 44904 times)

moneymoney

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Why do people get obsessed with weddings?
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2012, 05:00:46 AM »
My husband bought me a ring, but we both went to pick it out. It is customary to exchange rings when you get married, but nothing says you can't use your engagement ring as the wedding ring. And nothing says you have to have a diamond. You can get many other beautiful gems that don't cost nearly as much as a diamond. There are also plain gold rings too.

A pawn shop could be a good place to look and aren't superstious about a used ring. Jewelry can lose value in the same way a new car does when you drive it off the lot.

As for are you engaged without a ring? Only the two of you can answer that! Congrats??? :D

My wife and me picked her ring out togehther too. She did most of the picking but it was very easy cause we shopped online. I got a very good deal as a result, at JamesAllen.com

Even though the symbolism of rings does nothing for me, i went with it. Because  face it, everything is contrived. jewelry, cars, etc. what isn't contrived?

That said, I don't think marriage is for everybody. I think not wanting it is just as legit as wanting it and people should not be knocked because of thier personal marriage preferences. Some people are way better off NOT married.