Author Topic: Who has visited Pete?  (Read 5255 times)

StartingEarly

• Bristles
Who has visited Pete?
« on: November 17, 2016, 09:44:51 PM »
I am heading out to see family in Arizona and will be going by that way on my way back, I think it's literally two miles out of the way since I am picking up a hybrid battery pack to play with and hopefully restore my vehicle to former glory, might be a thread on that later if there's much interest here in repairing the battery on the decadent Ford Escape Hybrid whose particular one comes with the shameful awd and sun/sound package ;)

I was wondering if he takes visitors very much or not from the group's collective experience.

FIRE me

• Handlebar Stache
  • So much technology, so little talent.
Re: Who has visited Pete?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 12:46:54 AM »
I would think that dropping in unannounced is not cool.

StartingEarly

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 12:49:06 AM »
That was my thought as well, just not sure what exactly the proper way to go about it if at all would be.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 03:02:31 AM »
Um, send him a PM? I'd think a local meet up, if he's available, might be as close as one might reasonably hope to get to the Great and Powerful Oz whilst in the vicinity of the Emerald City ;-)

StartingEarly

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 11:30:48 AM »
How do you even send him a PM?

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 09:17:42 AM »

shelivesthedream

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 09:28:20 AM »
I sent him email one time and he replied. http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/contact/ It was a few years ago, though...

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 11:37:24 PM »
You might have more luck setting up a Longmont Mustachian meetup for that time, but maybe not.  Either way, contacting him is the simple way to go about it, and understanding that he gets a lot of requests on his time.  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 04:19:31 AM »
I sent him email one time and he replied. http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/contact/ It was a few years ago, though...

Good work. I didn't even think of that.

Did you keep/frame/forever cherish the email?  I can't think of anything I'd need to talk to MMM about, but I'm sure it would be enjoyable if it happened.

shelivesthedream

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 07:52:27 AM »

Good work. I didn't even think of that.

Did you keep/frame/forever cherish the email?  I can't think of anything I'd need to talk to MMM about, but I'm sure it would be enjoyable if it happened.

I actually couldn't remember what the email was about but I just searched my emails and found it.

It was when I was getting intensely frustrated by a wave of frugality-masochism sweeping the forum where people were complaining that they were being incredibly frugal and were totally miserable and if this is what Mustachianism is all about then they want out. I felt that they Just Didn't Get It: MMM is about the OPPOSITE of suffering through life. Anyway, I emailed MMM pointing to a particularly egregious thread and asked him to write a blog post addressing the issue, and his reply was just that it was an excellent idea and he'd have a look at the forum thread for inspiration.

I also found another email I sent him after his Mother Earth post, which was pretty long. That didn't get a reply, but fair enough, he's not obliged to spend his time replying just because I felt like sending him an email.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2016, 08:22:00 AM »
I recall an email exchange or two with Himself as well. IIRC, I asked him about the possibility of numbering the  comments on the blog. He did respond, but it never happened. I think it may have been before I discovered the forum. Now, I read the new blog articles but not the comments. If I have questions or thoughts to share I can scratch that itch here. I really like the back and forth and, dare I say, camaraderie that this forum provides much better. I also feel like my forum input might, on occasion, prove useful to someone, which makes me happy. I don't get that feeling when commenting on the blog.

ohmylookatthat

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2016, 11:07:50 AM »
ok, but who's Pete?

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2016, 11:17:16 AM »

mandy_2002

• Bristles
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2016, 11:36:46 AM »
I went to a meetup in the Bay Area last year, shortly before my departure from the grind.  It was a big, fun event, and I met many individuals, both like minded and not, who I enjoyed chatting with over snacks at the park.  I've also been to local meetups set up with other mustaches.  I highly suggest a meetup, even if Pete isn't there. 

StartingEarly

• Bristles
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2016, 08:49:29 PM »
I did one in Madison with the guy that Pete wrote aquaponics about. There were a about 8 people there total and intersting food dishes and conversations, overall a good experience.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!