Author Topic: Retiring early vs company-paid health insurance  (Read 2488 times)

annaraven

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Retiring early vs company-paid health insurance
« on: January 17, 2014, 01:17:24 PM »
Does anyone here stay working in order to keep a great set of benefits at your company? (Assuming you love your job...)

Shor

• Bristles
Re: Retiring early vs company-paid health insurance
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 07:16:41 PM »
I worked hard at my job and became good at it such that I am now in love with my job. The benefits are off the charts awesome here and I could not imagine working any where else that could give something comparable.

The pay scale is a little low and the ladder pretty much tops off in just a few steps, but I can imagine working here until I retire, or they lay me off. But on that note, if it actually came to the moment of retiring and I still feel about this job as I do now, I would have a lot of trouble giving notice because this job really draws me in and engages me.

While the health plan itself is a nice benefit, it's not the deal breaker that would keep me chained if I ever felt that way. Now, give me a few terrible diseases and a stack of hospital bills where we fully leverage this insurance plan and my tune might change an octave or two.... just kidding, please don't :(

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!