Author Topic: Where To Find a Very Small Electric Lift Chair?  (Read 1448 times)

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
Where To Find a Very Small Electric Lift Chair?
« on: April 20, 2019, 04:36:41 PM »
Here's the tl;dr version:

Where can I buy a lift chair for a very, very tiny person? The petite chairs seem to be 18" high. The one she's using now is only 16" high from floor to seat.

The long version:

Last year, we were hosting a party and an elderly friend fell in our kitchen. (Our security cameras caught it. She didn't actually trip, it looks like she just lost her balance and fell, but I still feel awful.) She broke her pelvis. She was hospitalized and then released to a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF). The break is all healed, but she's weak and fragile. She's been sleeping in a lift chair at the SNF, but the place is very expensive. They won't release her until she gets a similar chair at home. Problem is she's about 4'7" and needs a tiny chair. Too tall and her feet don't touch the ground when the chair lifts, which is another accident waiting to happen. The chair at the SNF is 16" from floor to seat, but no one there knows where it came from. No helpful labels on it either. The smallest/shortest chair I can find online and in Medical Supply Stores is 18". She wants to go hooooome and I want to help her.

The irony: Several months later, yours truly fell and broke her very own pelvis. I'm at least thirty years younger, so I didn't require hospitalization. I'm mostly better, and she's still not back at home. This breaks my heart and I really want to help her.

Anyone have any ideas?

peace

• 5 O'Clock Shadow

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
Re: Where To Find a Very Small Electric Lift Chair?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 11:17:29 AM »
Wow! You have mad skillz! That might be just the the ticket! Thank you!

As you might guess, I'm not much of a shopper. Anyone have any suggestions of how to hack the $669 price? There's a box for a discount code, but that's unfamiliar territory for me.

Thank you!