Author Topic: Where is Deep Space Nine, season 4  (Read 1920 times)

lizzzi

• Handlebar Stache
Where is Deep Space Nine, season 4
« on: February 28, 2020, 04:35:16 PM »
Any idea why this has suddenly become unavailable on Amazon Prime and apparently CBS All Access, when all the other seasons are available? I just watched Little Green Men recently--no problem--and went back in last night and again tonight to try to see Way of the Warrior and The Visitor--but no dice. Annoying to pay for a service that does not deliver.

Frankies Girl

• Magnum Stache
  • Ghouls Just Wanna Have Funds!
Re: Where is Deep Space Nine, season 4
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 04:43:02 PM »
My library has all of the seasons. Two copies of season 4 available, free without any subscription. ;)

I really am sick of the splintering of online/streaming services, and it's only going to get worse as they start removing access to everything and we'll end up having to pay as much as old school cable cost, and have to subscribe to like 20 different network streaming channels.

This is one reason I'm not in a great hurry to reduce my movie/tv/music collection now. I am actually picking up favorite shows for pennies at thrift stores now as I'm sick of things disappearing and no longer being able to binge watch stuff.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 04:46:38 PM by Frankies Girl »

lizzzi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 05:02:46 PM »
Yes, I'll probably go to the library tomorrow and see if I can get the DVDs. Will have to hook up my DVD player again. It's maddening--I used to have the DVD sets for all the seasons of Deep Space 9, but they all went to the  auction when I moved to another state.

And a big Plus One to what the previous poster said about streaming services.

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 05:36:25 PM »
I show it available on CBS All Access, all the way through season 7.  I'm not keen on multiple streaming services either, but we got it to watch Picard (and there was an Amex $5 rebate for the first 2 months, too).  After that, it'll probably go.

lizzzi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 09:03:10 PM »
I show it available on CBS All Access, all the way through season 7.  I'm not keen on multiple streaming services either, but we got it to watch Picard (and there was an Amex $5 rebate for the first 2 months, too).  After that, it'll probably go.

Yes, it appears to be available on All Access, but when I try to watch it ,(just DS9 season 4) it asks me to sign up to be able to watch it--but I am already signed up. And paid up. Frustrating.

No problem watching Picard.

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 05:18:54 PM »
It's working for me.  Hmmm, log back out and back in? 

They do have help available.  Not sure how useful it is, but it's there.

lizzzi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 07:05:58 AM »
I've been watching my favorite Star Trek movies with my Amazon Prime instead. Voyage Home, The Undiscovered Country, Wrath of Khan, and tonight I'll watch First Contact. I like to read jammersreviews.com after I watch the films to see if he agrees with my opinions, and to read others' comments.

I'll try my All Access again, probably in a couple of days. I'm still not having any trouble seeing Picard. It won't let me log in or log out--it seems to run straight through my Amazon Prime. Strange.

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 09:04:07 AM »
Ah, I don't have Amazon Prime.  I just use the CBS app.

lizzzi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 05:52:00 AM »
Still no DS9 season 4. Boooo. I discontinued my Acorn and Britbox--how many murder mysteries can one person watch? Just got bored. After Picard is over for the season, I'll stop the CBS All Access, too. I had Disney to watch the Mandalorian, but I discontinued that, too.And since my computer is too old for Netflix to connect to, I don't have that either. I'm sick of all these different streaming services and having to pay to watch anything...after already paying for internet and cable. (Our service is Spectrum--the old Time Warner Cable--the only game in town.) I like to watch for an hour or two in the evening, but I can just read books or get DVDs from the library.

It becomes too splintered, complex, and expensive. Grumble, grumble.

RyanAtTanagra

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 09:49:09 AM »

Yep, I made this call when the first streaming service came out with 'exclusive content'.  I went 'well, there goes that, it's all about to go to shit'.  It had the opposite effect for me than what they were going for, instead of paying for different services so I could watch their exclusive content, I refuse to pay for any of them.  If there was a streaming service that let me watch everything I wanted, I'd gladly pay for it, but they all got greedy and f'd up and it will be the downfall of all of them.

Psychstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2020, 12:10:07 PM »

Yep, I made this call when the first streaming service came out with 'exclusive content'.  I went 'well, there goes that, it's all about to go to shit'.  It had the opposite effect for me than what they were going for, instead of paying for different services so I could watch their exclusive content, I refuse to pay for any of them.  If there was a streaming service that let me watch everything I wanted, I'd gladly pay for it, but they all got greedy and f'd up and it will be the downfall of all of them.

Ryan and Lizzzi at Tanagra. Ryan, his wallet closed.

RyanAtTanagra

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2020, 12:11:01 PM »

Lol.  How do I give points

acepedro45

• Bristles
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2020, 12:11:49 PM »

Rock solid.

Dragonswan

• Bristles
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2020, 12:20:35 PM »
Well done!

cangelosibrown

• Stubble
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2020, 03:22:35 PM »

Outstanding.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2020, 03:26:38 PM »

Outstanding.

I think we should start posting all over the forum like this.

Overheard at work and the walls fell.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!