Author Topic: Where do you keep your library books?  (Read 3107 times)

shelivesthedream

• Walrus Stache
Where do you keep your library books?
« on: October 27, 2015, 08:02:19 AM »
I'm trying to have a bit of a tidy in our flat and give things a proper place to live. One problem I am having is library books. At the moment they are in a pile on my desk but the temptation is always to add to the pile so they get mixed up with post and other books and so on. They also sometimes wander off if I'm reading them in another room.

My current two options are to try to clear some space on my 'real' bookshelves and keep them there (but I'm already pretty good about clearing out old books and it's hard to know how much space I need because sometimes I have two library books out and sometimes ten! But it would keep them nice and tidy and free up desk space) or to get a book rack (like two bookends joined together) for that place on my desk (I'm already in the habit of putting them there and it should stop the towering mixed pile, but I don't know if big 'picture books' (like books about art) would fit comfortably there without falling over).

So where do you keep your library books at home?

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
Re: Where do you keep your library books?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 08:50:12 AM »
I only have two library books out at the moment, but mine usually just live on the coffee table in our living room.  In plain sight, so easy to remember to read them, and easy to remember to return them.

Noodle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 09:50:42 AM »
I always have a ton of library books out, so I sympathize! I have a shelf on my TV stand which I don't use for electronics so that is the library book shelf. I have a tote bag that is the "library bag" and as I finish books they go in the bag to be returned.

birdie55

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 09:57:00 AM »
I usually have no more than 4 books out at a time, so it's easy to store them on the table next to my reading chair.  I have them in order of the due date, with the one I am reading on top.  If I put them somewhere else I might forget to read/return them.  Sad but true. 

druth

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 11:03:30 AM »
On my Ipad. :)  Maybe I'll go back to physical library books some day, but I have way too many books to read on overdrive already.

ABC123

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 11:07:05 AM »
Kid books go on top of the bookshelf in the living room.  That way they don't get mixed in with our books.  (It is one of the smaller 3 shelf ones.)  My books stay in my library tote bag except for the one I am currently reading.  That one stays on my bedside table, or wherever I was last reading it.

katesilvergirl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 11:58:07 AM »
I often check out a lot of randomly shaped things from the library at the same time (a large novel, a few DVDs, a small paperback) so my library book stack just hangs out precariously and then falls over when I walk past. I haven't settled on a single library space, but you reminded me that I need to do that!

norabird

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2015, 12:27:14 PM »
Many at work, and many on my bedstand. I think the bookends sound nice!

DragonSlayer

• Stubble
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2015, 12:57:40 PM »
I have an end table next to the sofa with a shelf on the bottom. That's where they go. And, like another poster, I have a tote bag that sits by the door to put the returns in so I don't forget them.