Author Topic: Where can I find a home based online job paying me atleast $300 a month  (Read 4737 times)

skchamp

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I am new to the forum but I have been reading the MMM blog for around 3-4 months now. Actually I just to ask fellow MMMians about a problem I am facing.

I am pursuing my degree in computer science in India. I am looking for some part time online work which will allow me to make atleast $300 every month on a regular basis. I can dedicate 2-3 hours daily for the job.

I am already active on freelance sites and getting a few jobs from there. However, I am spending a lot of time bidding (unsuccessfully) on new projects. Also, I am nowhere near my $300 a month goal. My skills and experience includes SEO, content writing, email response handling, lead generation, web research and other tasks like data entry.

I would be extremely helpful if any MMMian can help me out and suggest me something.

iamlindoro

• Handlebar Stache
    • The Earth Awaits
Re: Where can I find a home based online job paying me atleast $300 a month
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 05:02:48 PM »
I'm sure you know this, but probably your only shot of doing this with such a small time investment is getting out-of-India work.

I personally love contracting, but it's hard to get the work started at first, and it's all about relationships.  If you don't have relationships with employers or others who need your skills, your chance of finding online/remote/contract work are very low.  Sites like Guru, Fiver, etc. are really all about ultra cheap garbage work, and that's not the market you want to be in. 

Long story short, this may take you time, and you need to build your relationships to make this work.  Are you only skills web related, or do you have software engineering experience too?

Given your list of skills and experience, perhaps once you have built some relationships with some employers, perhaps you can position yourself as a "off hours support team" for one of them.  There are probably a lot of small to medium eCommerce sites that would gladly pay a couple hundred a month to have you on retainer to respond to support emails and troubleshoot site issues.  The key here is building the relationships needed to get that kind of work.  If this is a niche you are interested in, perhaps you could target a small set of niche sites that are based on CMS' that you know, and contact the owners to try to get an in to perform this kind of support.  It will probably take a lot of cold calls (and you should call rather than email, as that would come across as spam) to find a couple customers.  Alternately, if you've done any work in the past for sites, you could reach out to those business owners with a compelling reason they should hire you for this kind of work.

Basically, I'm saying find a US or EU employer and use the time difference to your advantage.  That's what I'd do, anyway.

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
Re: Where can I find a home based online job paying me atleast $300 a month
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 10:38:46 AM »
I do Leapforce at Home. Here's my blog post about my experience in the US: http://frugalparagon.com/2014/02/05/why-the-frugal-paragon-loves-leapforce-at-home/

They ARE hiring for India right now, but I don't know what the rate of pay there is. In the US, I think it's still $13.50/hour, which would be in your desired pay range. You must have a recent smart phone to participate and the training, which is extensive, is unpaid. But it's ideal for a student because it requires little intellectual energy--you do it for a while, and then you're done. Good luck!

skchamp

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I do Leapforce at Home. Here's my blog post about my experience in the US: http://frugalparagon.com/2014/02/05/why-the-frugal-paragon-loves-leapforce-at-home/

They ARE hiring for India right now, but I don't know what the rate of pay there is. In the US, I think it's still $13.50/hour, which would be in your desired pay range. You must have a recent smart phone to participate and the training, which is extensive, is unpaid. But it's ideal for a student because it requires little intellectual energy--you do it for a while, and then you're done. Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestion. Looks pretty good to me. Will definitely try it out. I guess they have an exam which you need to pass to start working. Any tips for that? I have pretty good knowledge of SEO as I am a blogger myself. Will it help in passing the exam?

blub

• 5 O'Clock Shadow

Sorry, I can't seem to glean any information from your post, or from Leapforce's website, about what the work is. What does somebody working for Leapforce actually do?

Retired To Win

• Handlebar Stache
  • making the most of my time and my money
    • Retired To Win
I am acquainted with several people that have put up blogs/websites with the intention of getting jobs/projects having to do with blog creation and optimization.  You could do the same.  Heck, given the experience areas you've mentioned, you could start a blog dedicated to giving web-design advice and use that as a hook to pull in paying clients.

I'll tell you.  My own blog would still be a zero-viewership fiasco if I had not managed to connect virtually with a website techy person that has made my blog viable.  If you can do the same thing, there's lots of folks like me out there that would pay you to help them get going.

Google for terms such as "blog design help" and you'll see examples of what I am talking about.

Good luck.

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
As far as what you do for Leapforce--I'm a US rater, so my job is different. Basically, though, it involves installing a toolbar, then you log into the toolbar and visit a special website, where you will be given tasks, which are basically questions to answer. There's an NDA, so that's about all I can say!