Author Topic: When is it time to change jobs?  (Read 1653 times)

Alf91

• Stubble
When is it time to change jobs?
« on: June 03, 2017, 07:33:54 PM »
I have been at my current job for 2 years. I love my co-workers, supervisors, etc. I have fun and laugh a lot every day. I make enough money and have good perks. I have a lot of autonomy in my job. But... I don't feel challenged in the way that I want to. I feel like I have done as much in this role as I am going to, that there isn't much more room for my own professional growth/development here.

I guess I'm wondering if that is a good reason to change jobs, considering all the things I love about my job.

Would appreciate hearing people's thoughts and experiences. Thanks!

aneel

• Stubble
Re: When is it time to change jobs?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 07:40:31 PM »
As someone who felt the same things when leaving her first job, I can at least sympathize. To answer your question: yes, lack of fulfillment is definitely a reason to leave, but be very picky looking for your next gig, while you have it really good on 2 out of 3 elements of work (according to me):
people/environment + money + content/fulfillment

Sounds like you value a lot of what your current situation provides. Would you be willing to trade some of your current "pros" for more growth opportunities?

Sarah Saverdink

• Stubble
    • The Saverdinks
Re: When is it time to change jobs?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 08:14:49 PM »
Have you had a conversation with your boss and explicitly said that you are looking for more challenges and career growth? Your manager should be supportive and help you grow... if not, then maybe you do need to look at other opportunities.