Author Topic: when I take the key out of the ignition the radio still plays and the clock is o  (Read 2049 times)

bowfisher58

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I turned off my truck and took the key out of the ignition and the radio wasn't playing and the clock was on... well I went out with a fiend last night in their car. Well when I got back the radio was on and the clock was also on, and I don't know how I'm the only one with a key to my truck and I had the keys with me. So idk what's going on. I replaced the ignition about a month ago... any advice on what's going on? It's a 1997 chevy silverado
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 08:36:13 AM by bowfisher58 »

Jack

• Magnum Stache
Normally, the ignition lock is designed to prevent the key from being removed in any position except completely "off." However, if the cylinder is worn out enough that might no longer be the case (on my 1996 Ford Ranger, I can remove the key in any position, including while driving).

It could just be that you didn't turn the cylinder all the way to "off" before taking the key out. Try turning it "more off" (with or without putting the key back in first) and see if that helps.

Either that, or maybe you wired it up wrong when you replaced it.

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
Your truck has electrical gremlins.