Author Topic: What to do in Door County, WI?  (Read 2221 times)

Tris Prior

• Magnum Stache
What to do in Door County, WI?
« on: June 29, 2016, 08:53:38 AM »
We're taking a 3-day weekend and driving up there in late July. Anyone have recommendations of inexpensive things to see and do that are worthwhile? Especially looking for vegetarian-friendly eating options (I don't eat fish either so the fish boils are out).

We like: nature (main goal of trip is to get out of city and see green things), art, music. Boyfriend doesn't drink wine so we'll probably skip wineries.

I also want to do pick-your-own-cherries but it looks like we may be just missing the season (one orchard website gives opening day as 7/24 and that's our last day there).

We're staying in Sister Bay but don't mind some driving.

anotherAlias

• Pencil Stache
Re: What to do in Door County, WI?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 05:47:33 PM »
We used trip advisor to find restaurants that were pretty true to the ratings.  I enjoyed hiking through peninsula state park.  There are bike rentals all over if you cant bring your own.  We didn't get to bike but i wish we had.  There are a lot of scenic areas for biking.  If you like pizza, the Wild Tomato in Fish Creek is good.

Jtrey17

• Stubble
Re: What to do in Door County, WI?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 09:36:33 PM »
Hands On Art Studio in Fish Creek is great. There are multiple State parks, although the water is so high right now that the beaches have shrunk or disappeared! Try Chives in Baileys Harbor for dinner, and Get Real Cafe in Sturgeon Bay for lunch. Harmony by the Bay on Wednesday nights in Sturgeon Bay is awesome-and free! Check out the live music at Fred and Fuzzy's in Sister Bay in Sunday's.