Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 8028912 times)

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #14800 on: February 17, 2022, 08:35:40 AM »
I fixed the motion sensor in the kitchen to turn on/off 5 light bulbs.  Should save me quite a bit over the year. :)

trashtalk

• Stubble
« Reply #14801 on: February 17, 2022, 09:09:43 PM »
Saved $12 by taking the bus for $2 (round-trip) instead of driving and paying $14 for parking.

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14802 on: February 20, 2022, 07:56:00 PM »
I bought 20 gallons of pecan wood chunks from a guy on facebook marketplace for $25.  This is about 1/3rd of the cost at department stores and home improvement centers.  Also the wood is better.  Got this for smoking bacon and for barbecue.

I decided to add charcoal, wood chunks and propane as subcategories to my utilities category in budgeting, as it seems the most appropriate place since it's energy / natural resource, used for cooking. (it also makes me feel less guilty buying them lol.)  These wood chunks should last me a couple years or longer depending how much I bbq.

I can split the larger pieces in half with my hatchet when I need to use them.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 08:02:53 PM by JenniferW »

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14803 on: February 20, 2022, 08:08:00 PM »
I switched my car insurance to my new home owner's insurance company. It's about $100 cheaper per year for dramatically better coverage.

This is really nice.  We recently did the same.  We switched homeowner's insurance, and we have three older vehicles here.  Well with the old homeowner's insurance compnay they were charging us $35 per vehicle each month.  The new one is charging $21 per vehicle.  So we are saving $42 a month on auto insurance ($504 annually).  We are also saving over $100 on the homeowner's insurance compared to previous company.

cool7hand

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14804 on: February 21, 2022, 06:28:50 AM »
Finished reading another book from our local library!

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14805 on: February 21, 2022, 07:56:56 AM »
I bought 2 lovely and soft flannel shirts at the thrift store.  One shirt still had the original tags.  As I’m hormonally surfing, I’m wearing flannel like it’s 1996 all over again.

;)

I had a similar flannel shirt in my Amz cart for $26 but bought these 2 shirts for $14.90! 

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14806 on: February 21, 2022, 11:13:40 AM »
Found out I was paying $10 per month unnecessarily for remote CPAP monitoring.  Found out it was optional after the fact.  I am glad I am carefully looking at all my bills now.  Had them cancel that today so I will be saving $120 per year.

I'll just have to bring my CPAP (with SD) card into the office.  They will read the data from the SD card instead of remotely and they also will make any pressure adjustments there instead of remotely.

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14807 on: February 21, 2022, 11:21:14 AM »
Bought a pair of Berkey Black Filters for $148, free shipping,  no taxes from usaberkeyfilters.com;  (I called Berkey first to make sure they were authorized resellers and Berkey said they were.)

This is great because they were $154 on Amazon on friday, but over the weekend Berkey increased the price to $173.  So they are $173 now on Amazon.  After tax it would cost me $188.   So I saved $40.  Woo hoo!  (I guess they haven't updated their price database after the Berkey price increase.)

Dr Kidstache

• Bristles
« Reply #14808 on: February 21, 2022, 06:55:34 PM »
Got a home energy audit from the natural gas company. It was so useful! The auditor had lots of little suggestions and tips as well as identified one big issue (my fancy new high efficiency HVAC is mostly just heating my crawlspace due to some big leaks where it connects to the ducting). He showed me how to fix the HVAC leaks myself and what products I need. It cost $25 but that $25 gets credited back to my account if I apply for an available rebate for floor insulation.

cool7hand

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14809 on: February 22, 2022, 04:34:57 AM »
Tonight is the third night of leftovers from a gathering with family over the weekend!

Lunasol

• Bristles
« Reply #14810 on: February 22, 2022, 09:34:56 AM »
Picked 30+ more lemons from our tree and froze the juice so that we can have lemonades for as long as we can!

Also requested a refund for a concert I am no longer interested in attending.

Also I recently joined our local Buy Nothing group, I haven't picked anything up yet but happy to see what people are posting and giving away.

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14811 on: February 22, 2022, 01:48:17 PM »
PLANTING TABLE
1. I've been using an old Ikea garden table as my planting table for years. The material is some sort of wood? composite encased in white vinyl.

Took about a good half hour of research to find the right product for a few patches this year. Why Amazon wanted almost twice the price is a mystery to me. Lucky for us there is one Home Depot close enough with a limited supply so Mr. R. will pick it up on the way home.
Under ten bucks - worth it! ... and as it turned out it was worth comparing prices too. Also, I learned that it is essential to have a fresh, properly stored product than one that started drying out already.

WOOD STORAGE (LOG Storage)
2. The woodpile has become an unsightly problem and I didn't want to spend any money on a nice cast iron log holder. We use the wood for our garden chimenea on cool nights and some for the grill. The old slatted Ikea garden chairs and bench that were holding it, have or are about to collapse.
So this morning the visiting son and I brainstormed how to properly store it all for free.

Two solutions are needed:
1. For the large uncut branches and bigger pieces:
The neighbor has offered me the free use of some concrete blocks. That will get the wood off the ground.
I also have some sturdy metal fence posts that I got for free from the same neighbor (the kind used for cattle panels - they are slim, about 2-3 inches).
Those can serve as crossbars to support the wood.

2. For the short, but thick chimenea sized wood pieces:
I have a black cast iron arch, (from a rattan-wrapped bookcase originally with glass shelves - from the sixties) that I've been using in the garden in all sorts of incarnations:).
Since I also have the same sturdy metal fence posts in a smaller four-foot size - these would work well as a brace across the shelf supports.

Voila - this should actually look rather nice and I think I may have a cover to keep the wood dry as well.
Cost - A big fat ZERO 

Onward with more spring gardening... it is a good thing that I like projects of any kind.
I'm still playing with garden art and wind chimes...

3. RE-CYCLING - UP-CYCLE FOR GARDEN ART
I started with about 80 or more glass bottles that I had collected. (Yes, I had double that but once I knew I would not use them as a garden border I recycled half the glass like four years ago and stopped collecting!)
They are all gone now except for the few I'm presently playing with (12 to be exact).
That included the 50 or so bottles I cleaned up last week and donated to my neighbor for her projects funding her cat rescue/hospice.

It is free garden art since I'm using up my remaining, ever-dwindling art/craft supplies or whatever.
Better even, they will make a nice gift for my garden friends too. We all like a bit of whimsy and color in our gardens.

cool7hand

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14812 on: February 25, 2022, 09:46:17 AM »
Going to a wedding for the weekend far enough away that we're staying over. We're packing food for those meals where we have to fend for ourselves!

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14813 on: February 27, 2022, 06:02:17 AM »
I'm using an electric space heater to heat my living room instead of turning on the central heating on natural gas.

This heater is extremely energy efficient and costs about €0,75 to run for an entire day. If we want to heat the living room, we have to run it all the time, the bedrooms are small so we only have to turn it on for about 10 minutes there and it will be warm for hours.  It's winter here but the weather is quite mild and there's a lot of warmth from the sun coming in. The nights are just below freezing. I don't think the heater would be able to cope with a serious cold spell.

Natural gas has become so extremely expensive that it's best just trying to avoid using it alltogether. We pay €2,05 per square m2 of gas (and on a winter's day we may need 5 or 6 m2 per day, more if it's really cold) and that's just the price of natural gas, there are all sorts of supplier costs and taxes on top of that. Our house is better insulated than most homes of a similar age, and we are already frugal (we try to keep our house at 17/18C or 62/64 F) but the cost is just so high. Eventually we're going to insulate our house completely and get rid of natural gas entirely, we're going for an all-electric house with electricity coming from our own solar panels, but cost is high and waiting lists are long. We are in the process but it won't be done until next summer. So we're just making do with a space heater in the mean time and so far we're doing better than expected!

cool7hand

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14814 on: February 28, 2022, 07:09:51 AM »
The wife joined me in FIRE last summer and today we're finalizing the sale of our second car to friends. We already called our insurer and cancelled that expense as of midnight tonight!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 09:26:30 AM by cool7hand »

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #14815 on: February 28, 2022, 07:24:41 AM »
Used chicken broth (made from leftover bones) for a dinner recipe, vs buying

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14816 on: March 01, 2022, 03:22:16 PM »
Leaving the car sitting in the garage! I rode my bike to work. The Boy walked even though it's almost 3 miles and not that nice a walk. The children walked to school.

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14817 on: March 01, 2022, 04:10:07 PM »
I made cox adjust bill from $4 to the proper/fair amount of $1.33.  I tried to setup their service one day.. activated and cancelled on same day because we couldn't get it to work.   It was $39.99 per month so the prorated amount is $1.33 per day.   We literally "had" the service for 4 hours before cancelling, so not even one day; it actually very intermittently worked maybe 10% of the time for those few hours.  $39.99/30 = $1.33 not $4.

I had to talk to three different people before they would adjust it.. ridiculous..  Wasted 15 minutes.  Most people would of just paid the $4 no questions asked just to save time. But it's just the principle of the thing.. I don't like being overcharged and giving away my money.

Finally adjusted it to $1.33 and I paid it off over the phone with credit card.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14818 on: March 02, 2022, 09:09:53 AM »
Mr Imma has accepted a new job (that includes a significant raise and better work/life balance) but as he's switching from a blue collar to a white collar environment, he needs a new wardrobe. Mr Imma is the type of person that only has one shirt for weddings and funerals (and this job interview) so he needed enough outfits to get him through the week. His size and style is very difficult to find used. Generally menswear is more difficult to find used - I get nearly all of my clothes used, but it seems like men just buy clothes to wear them out instead of getting tired of them quickly like some women do.

So we went to a well-known, family-owned shop in our area and bought two items at full price in their main store and 3 pairs of pants and a shirt in their outlet section.  He had once nice pair of pants already and a pair of good shoes that just need a proper polishing. All in all we've spent about 10% of his new monthly income after tax for a total make-over. We all like to say people should take us as we are, but in real life to be succesful you've got to look the part. Mr. Imma's usual look of old jeans, faded T-shirts and flannel shirts just won't do in an office environment, not even in a fairly casual office. I'm glad that at least we were able to buy good quality clothing that will last for years, at a good price and from a family-owned business that's known to be a good employer.

cool7hand

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14819 on: March 02, 2022, 11:21:47 AM »
Eating leftovers for dinner

cool7hand

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14820 on: March 03, 2022, 10:20:57 AM »
Repaired our aging copy of Watership Down with packing tape

okisok

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14821 on: March 03, 2022, 08:00:55 PM »
Used pantry items (some free through the Ibotta app) to make enough for dinner and two more meals.

Took some of my yarn stash and used it to mend some wool socks.

Did some spring cleaning and put all of the laundry on the clothesline to air dry except towels and some work clothes I don't want to iron.

Wrote some letters and did yard work instead of going to buy craft supplies.

trashtalk

• Stubble
« Reply #14822 on: March 03, 2022, 10:36:56 PM »
* Patched a bike tire and tube using instructions from YouTube and supplies from Amazon.

* Signed up for copay assistance for an expensive medication my daughter needs

* Repotted several plants using homemade wood-chip compost as the soil 

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14823 on: March 04, 2022, 11:36:56 AM »
We drink instant coffee here.  Just switched from 82 cents per oz Nescafe (Aldi bought) coffee to the cheap Great Value 37 cent per oz coffee.  Tastes just fine at 45% of the cost.  Projected to save around $100 per year doing this.

I admit though it's a little weaker tasting. But I looked at ingredients and it says just "coffee".
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 11:39:22 AM by JenniferW »

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14824 on: March 04, 2022, 03:01:19 PM »
Signed up for Schwab 101 account. $101 sign up bonus with only requirement being to deposit $50 within the next 30 days. Ez money.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14825 on: March 04, 2022, 08:49:31 PM »
Dug around and found some years-old jeans that were a size down. I've been having long-term GI illness and my weight has been creeping down and down and down. My clothes are really baggy on me but I hate to buy a whole new wardrobe when I haven't really changed my lifestyle, and I feel like if my doctors ever figure out how to cure me my weight will probably bounce right back. Anyway, I found two pairs of jeans that fit me pretty well. Better than nothing!

Freedomin5

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14826 on: March 05, 2022, 03:28:15 AM »
Made hummus for around $1 for 300g instead of paying $4.50 for the same amount of ready made hummus.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14827 on: March 05, 2022, 03:57:35 AM »
- Decluttered the pantry, found some empty bottles and crates that can be returned to get the deposit back (maybe €11). Who knows how long they've been hiding behind that shelf.
- Dried two loads of laundry outside
- Opened all the curtains to let sunlight in in the house, because it's freezing but also very sunny.
- Planned a few meals for the upcoming week that uses up food that's past their use by date
- No food in my pantry had to be thrown out! I don't organize often enough but I really always try to avoid wasting food
- Found some non-food items we didn't need anymore and gave those away through a local buy nothing group
- Organized my box of seeds for the garden that's also kept in the pantry and made a plan for the new season. Seeds are hard to find right now but there's enough in my box to get me through this year

Dutch Comfort

• Bristles
« Reply #14828 on: March 05, 2022, 04:01:05 PM »
Found some heavy tiles for a garden project on the Buy Nothing group and picked them up for free!

Bought a bakery box on TooGoodToGo for picking up tomorrow. 5 euro spent for a minimum of 15 euro of fresh bakery products. Hoping for some nice bread we can use for lunch/dinner tomorrow. I will do my groceries after the pickup time, so I can plan lunch/dinner around the breads we get in the box!

Gave away some kids toys on BuyNothing and received some nice chocolate as a thankyou.

cool7hand

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14829 on: March 06, 2022, 06:40:59 AM »
Planned a route for auto-bound errands with maximum efficiency

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #14830 on: March 06, 2022, 10:17:13 AM »
In one of our rentals, the master bath leads to the walk in closet. The whole area is carpeted, which is not as gross as it sounds, because the water closet is separate and is tiled. Our long time tenant has given notice, so we're going to pull the carpet out and replace it with tile. Happily, when I chose the tile that's in the living areas, I kept a sample. Now we have something to shop with, which will save us from making an expensive, mis-match mistake, because the tile needs to match the water closet and the rest of the house.

Since the rental is 8 hours away, this is hugely helpful. Did I mention I've saved that sample since 2003? Score!

Someone on Next Door has posted a nicer washer and dryer than the rental has for free, because the washer needs a $400 part.  DH knows that he can remove the part and send it in to be rebuilt for $90. We're going to pick up the set today, harvest the part, send it in to be rebuilt, re-install the repaired part, then haul them in our old, but still nice, truck to the rental.

Best of all, rents have skyrocketed in the past year. We should be able to increase the rent by at least $500/month.

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14831 on: March 06, 2022, 12:37:47 PM »
SNIP
Someone on Next Door has posted a nicer washer and dryer than the rental has for free, because the washer needs a $400 part.  DH knows that he can remove the part and send it in to be rebuilt for $90. We're going to pick up the set today, harvest the part, send it in to be rebuilt, re-install the repaired part, then haul them in our old, but still nice, truck to the rental.

Best of all, rents have skyrocketed in the past year. We should be able to increase the rent by at least $500/month.

Totally awesome:) @Dicey Good move on saving the tile too.

*Growing more free scallions and celery from organic produce from the store. This will likely be the last batch since it is getting too hot.

*Harvested the first two big batches of tomatoes.

*Scored on the fresh mint I picked up at the best ever Italian Deli.
Paid $2.20 for a bundle:
got plenty to use for the roasted carrots with mint,
enough leaves left over for drying to make two pots of tea later,
and drumroll
 - the stems were so fresh and healthy that I decided to try and grow a new plant from each stem. So now I have five new free mint plants for the garden. YAY!
I think it may be a cross between "Mojito" mint and Spearmint - delish and a nice surprise.

*I'm happy that my Maroccon mint is making a comeback, I thought it had died but found one tiny leaf just as I was about to toss it.
Gave it some TLC and found a better spot in the garden for it.

*The kid brought over some Oyster mushrooms that he is growing! We may get some pink and golden mushrooms in the future too.
He asked for dibs on a couple of the cabbages in exchange - they like to use it in Chinese food in their Wok.
Why didn't I think of using the Cabbage for Asian cuisine - duh!:)

*I'm about done with using up everything in the freezer(s) to avoid throwing out good food. Took me roughly two and a half months to do.
Also still working my way through the emergency food. Should be done with that in the next two weeks maybe.

MudPuppy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14832 on: March 06, 2022, 03:47:33 PM »
Started a batch of sauerkraut

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14833 on: March 07, 2022, 03:54:35 AM »
I haven’t driven my car in 36 hours.  Cha ching.  :)  feeling grateful I had the good sense to buy a Prius years ago. 

pasadenafr

• Bristles
« Reply #14834 on: March 07, 2022, 06:46:09 AM »
French press coffee. I drink A LOT of coffee, and favor Nespresso capsules (those are my main facepunch-worthy regular expense). For the past few weeks, I've taken to using my small French press again, and using Nespresso only for my first coffee of the day, and after lunch.

I don't like it nearly as much, but there's no denying the savings. Especially since the price of coffee has gone up recently.

pasadenafr

• Bristles
« Reply #14835 on: March 07, 2022, 06:47:45 AM »
*Growing more free scallions and celery from organic produce from the store. This will likely be the last batch since it is getting too hot.

Oh yes! Been doing that with scallions too, for the first time. Now they're growing faster than I eat them.

okisok

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14836 on: March 07, 2022, 08:13:22 PM »
Bought a two new notebooks at the dollar store instead of the craft store. I prefer grocery lists and to-do lists on paper.

Packed a work lunch of leftovers and some overnight oatmeal for breakfast. I've put off buying groceries for a while by shopping from the pantry. I made a list of meals I have the ingredients for and hung it on the fridge. When I don't have much bandwidth I can just check the list and use the listed ingredients instead of having to use energy to decide on what to cook and cook it.

SO and I have been playing board games in the evenings and having a ton of fun with them.

I've been staying out of stores and not giving myself opportunities to spend.

Dutch Comfort

• Bristles
« Reply #14837 on: March 08, 2022, 01:55:38 AM »
During my morning walk, I picked up some trash. There was also a bottle laying around for which I will get a refund at the store. Just small, but double win: cleaner park and cash!

Tyson

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14838 on: March 08, 2022, 09:19:30 AM »
Bottom section of my dishwasher stopped working a few days ago.  I didn't notice it right away, but when I did, it was the metal underside of the main spinning wheel had detached on one side.  First thought was "oh crap, I need a new dishwasher".  Second thought was "I bet I could just replace the part for a lot less $$", but tracking down the part is going to take time.  Third thought was "Hmm, I wonder if I could just re-attach that metal leg myself?" 

So I grabbed a rubber band and tied it all together, and...... it worked.  I let it run several times over the past few days to make sure it would hold.  But so far so good.  Definitely saved me some money.

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14839 on: March 08, 2022, 11:20:19 AM »
Bottom section of my dishwasher stopped working a few days ago.  I didn't notice it right away, but when I did, it was the metal underside of the main spinning wheel had detached on one side.  First thought was "oh crap, I need a new dishwasher".  Second thought was "I bet I could just replace the part for a lot less $$", but tracking down the part is going to take time.  Third thought was "Hmm, I wonder if I could just re-attach that metal leg myself?" 

So I grabbed a rubber band and tied it all together, and...... it worked.  I let it run several times over the past few days to make sure it would hold.  But so far so good.  Definitely saved me some money.

Awesome. I think my BF has done at least 5 or so little "repairs" / tweaks to dishwasher over 8 years.. lotta stuff breaks in them.  Like cleaning out water wands (moving arms for water jets) and replacing supply line etc.  The top tray is broken now and only thing that will fix it is to weld it.. might be time to just get a replacement dishwasher.  We won't buy new but a used one for about $150 or so.

SailingOnASmallSailboat

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14840 on: March 08, 2022, 12:27:47 PM »
Moved the construction stuff from the minivan to the Civic. We only live 2 miles from the boat but need to transport tools back and forth; a vehicle that gets 40 miles to the gallon is way better than the 15 the van gets in stop/start driving. We've seen gas prices jump over a dollar a gallon in the last week here.

pasadenafr

• Bristles
« Reply #14841 on: March 08, 2022, 12:38:38 PM »
Got a pair of non-prescription blue-light filtering glasses at Amazon for $25 (they were $45 but I used the remaining balance of an old gift card), instead of buying nicer ones at my optometrist for $400. They're not NEARLY as pretty, certainly not as good, but they seem to work well enough, and it's not like I'm going to wear them outside of my house. I'll give them a few weeks.

(OTOH I got new progressive glasses, and I'm trying out multifocal contacts and HOLY HSA, are they expensive - but so, so worth it. Getting old sucks, people.)

okisok

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14842 on: March 08, 2022, 05:48:47 PM »
My coworker brought in a lot of food some guests left behind in her house, mostly unopened. We've all been snacking/lunching on it all week. Why are other people's snacks so much better? :)

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14843 on: March 08, 2022, 05:54:08 PM »
I spent 12 minutes on the phone to get a $29 late fee reversed (and re-enrolled in auto pay so it won't happen again).

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14844 on: March 08, 2022, 10:47:38 PM »
I'm not sure whether this is a save, but I bought a new, $44 ink cartridge for my ink-guzzling HP Envy color printer.  Although it physically fit in the printer, it was the wrong model and its chip couldn't communicate with my printer. Unfortunately, I found this out while my daughter was trying to print out graphics for her school project due tomorrow, and it was too late to go to the shop.

After much dismay, I went burrowing into my hoard and turned up some printer ink and syringes that I bought for my last color printer (decluttered three years ago.) It was such a hassle to refill those cartridges that I assumed it would be the same for this printer.

Well, it took me 5 minutes to find instructions on Youtube, then 5 minutes to jab the syringe through the sticker on the cartridge and refill it.  It worked!!

So, I wasted $44, but on the other hand, from now on refills will cost me less than 50 cents.

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14845 on: March 08, 2022, 10:53:17 PM »
I spent 12 minutes on the phone to get a $29 late fee reversed (and re-enrolled in auto pay so it won't happen again).

Nice job! :)

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14846 on: March 08, 2022, 10:53:50 PM »
I'm not sure whether this is a save, but I bought a new, $44 ink cartridge for my ink-guzzling HP Envy color printer.  Although it physically fit in the printer, it was the wrong model and its chip couldn't communicate with my printer. Unfortunately, I found this out while my daughter was trying to print out graphics for her school project due tomorrow, and it was too late to go to the shop.

After much dismay, I went burrowing into my hoard and turned up some printer ink and syringes that I bought for my last color printer (decluttered three years ago.) It was such a hassle to refill those cartridges that I assumed it would be the same for this printer.

Well, it took me 5 minutes to find instructions on Youtube, then 5 minutes to jab the syringe through the sticker on the cartridge and refill it.  It worked!!

So, I wasted $44, but on the other hand, from now on refills will cost me less than 50 cents.

So awesome!  50 cents! What a deal :)

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14847 on: March 08, 2022, 10:58:42 PM »
I bought this home back in 2013 and been stuck with Cox cable all these years.  Been waiting forever for AT&T to isntall fiber in the neighborhood.  9 years later, a couple months back they started digging holes all over the neighborhood.   Got an email today saying it's available to me now. WOOT!

I immediately signed up and have appointment tomorrow!  It's only $55 per month and no increase in price after 12 months.  No data cap!  Can't beat that!  It's 300 mbps DOWN and 300 mbps UP as well I believe!  Can you believe that? 100mbps up.  Cox cable was only 180bmps down and 10 mpbs up and they are always greedy and want $83.99 for that per month with 1.2 TB data cap.  I have to call them every 6 months to renogiate price back down to about $59.99 and it's absolute HELL doing it each time.

So I can't for this itnernet!  Such a deal.  Oh and check this out!  Since I am a NEW customer with them I am getting a $200 sign up bonus .. a credit card / gift card or whatever.  I'll get that in like 45 days I think.  I dont' know all the details, jsut that I am gonna get a free $200 as well.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14848 on: March 09, 2022, 02:32:20 AM »
- Dried laundry outside
- Planted the first things in my garden! Will not have to buy seeds this year at all. Last year some seeds were hard to get so I received a part of my order after the season, plus I still have leftovers from previous years. Hopefully they'll still work. I'll just sow a few more seeds in every spot just in case.
- Got rid of a few things through a Buy Nothing group. Got a bar of chocolate in return from a friendly person
- Bought as-good-as-new used flat leather ankle boots for €12. Had been looking for new ankle boots for a while but the ones in the shops were either very ugly or very expensive. I have mid-calf boots that I wear with dresses, but don't fit with jeans. I only had a pair of sneakers and hiking shoes to wear with jeans. The sneakers aren't very warm and the hiking shoes aren't very elegant. So these ankle boots are a good alternative - and they look nice with a dress too! I'm sure I"ll wear them a lot. Sounds like I have a lot of shoes but not really, one pair of every kind! Less than ten pairs in total and that includes hiking shoes and snow boots. I wish I could wear the same pair of black leather sneakers every day like Mr Imma, but it's more complicated for women.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14849 on: March 09, 2022, 07:37:09 AM »
I immediately signed up and have appointment tomorrow!  It's only $55 per month and no increase in price after 12 months.  No data cap!  Can't beat that!  It's 300 mbps DOWN and 300 mbps UP as well I believe!  Can you believe that? 100mbps up.  Cox cable was only 180bmps down and 10 mpbs up and they are always greedy and want $83.99 for that per month with 1.2 TB data cap.  I have to call them every 6 months to renogiate price back down to about $59.99 and it's absolute HELL doing it each time.

You go, @JenniferW! It's great news when a local cable monopoly is broken.

@Imma, good luck for your garden!  I also have old seeds so I put them on a damp paper towel in a ziplock bag, and kept the bag in a warm place. I am going to plant the seeds which sprouted (tomatillos and peppers, that I stratified and saved two years ago) and throw out the ones that didn't (tomatoes, from unknown years ago).
Enjoy your boots!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!