Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 5007577 times)

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #12150 on: October 11, 2018, 12:50:52 AM »
Received my annual raise, this time a bit higher than usual, because I had such a good score. As the normal time for getting a raise is in May and this came half a year late, I will receive bulk compensation for this new raise since May on my October salary on the 20th. Let's hope the stock market is still low by then, so that I can invest it in the dip.

Sugaree

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12151 on: October 12, 2018, 04:55:47 AM »
My Hub and I make restaurant quality food too. My real point was to have some food prepared by a caterer or restaurant and then freeze it into portions. Kind of like cook for a day, eat for a month cooking. But this way you would buy this food already prepared and just have to portion it out and freeze it. Yes, you can probably save money by making it from scratch but not everyone has the time to do that. I have plenty of time but I have very little freezer space. I buy bargains and fill my freezer. Just an idea for people who work and have little time to prepare food.

I find it's easier to just make an extra, or three, when cook.  It doesn't take that much longer to assemble or clean.

mountain mustache

• Bristles
« Reply #12152 on: October 12, 2018, 08:08:36 AM »
got a free Blue Apron box from a co-worker, which means 4 free dinners for me. And I'm spending the weekend dog sitting, so I'm making side income, and using someone else's house for 3 days! Win Win.

OtherJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12153 on: October 12, 2018, 08:25:44 AM »
As I type, the frame of a Costco rotisserie chicken ($4.99) is in the Instant Pot with vegetables, herbs, and water and should yield about 2 quarts of very inexpensive homemade stock. This plus a $1.19 bag of dried split peas, a couple of potatoes and carrots, and about $1.50 worth of ham will give us about 8 servings of delicious split pea soup.

ďSuntanĒ bell peppers were 5 for $1 at the local produce market (Iím not sure Iíve ever seen them this cheap) so I stocked up and will slice and freeze them for later use.

Our 14-year-old dryer is acting up. Husband can fix it on his next day off (no replacement cost!) but in the meantime, we have enough drying rack and hanging space to dry one medium-sized load at a time overnight (reduced energy costs!). Spreading laundry over multiple days will also keep the 14-year-old washer happy.

Cool Friend

• Bristles
« Reply #12154 on: October 12, 2018, 10:14:46 AM »
Been catsitting for a friend who's given me free reign over his kitchen, so I've been eating mostly for free.

Also, didn't buy any beer this week.  This is a spendypants area of mine that needs improvement, so I consider that win.

10dollarsatatime

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12155 on: October 13, 2018, 09:17:15 AM »
I shaved the poodles.  I did pay, once, to have them groomed when I was overwhelmed about a year ago.  This is how I know that I save about $180 each time I do it myself.  Next week sometime, I'll get the whetstone, and I'll disassemble, clean, and sharpen the blades.  New blades cost $20-$30 a pop, so taking care of the ones I have saves me in the long run.

Today, I'm harvesting everything from the garden that won't take a hard freeze; mostly squash, beans, rutabagas, and cabbages.  I'll also save a few of the red carrot seed heads for planting next year.

Imma

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12156 on: October 13, 2018, 09:59:04 AM »
We had leftovers for dinner today.
We went grocery shopping and bought eggs at 35% off, because the best before date is "only" two weeks from now.

Mrs.Piano

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12157 on: October 14, 2018, 09:37:19 AM »
Asked for a discount at a concert and got two tickets for $20 together instead of $70.  Also gave fabric scraps and leftover foam to a friend, and got a large container of soup and the loan of some needed tools. 

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12158 on: October 14, 2018, 09:54:35 AM »
Prepping the house for sale savings:
-Had BIL over to help remove the canopy from our truck, then went and did a dump run, then went and got bark. Redid a bunch of areas that really needed it and re-laid pavers as stepping stones. Don't want to imagine how much this would have cost to hire out.
-Got out and did work before our yard bin is picked up. It's only picked up every two weeks- so filling it now probably is avoiding a yard waste trip. ~$8 minimum and a drive (and taking the damn canopy off and on again, lol) saved.
-Moving all our own furniture in advance of flooring being replaced.
-Looked up the how to and bought new ring to re-install our toilets after the flooring is done. Flooring company will take them out, but isn't allowed to put them back in.
-While it certainly isn't mustachian to hire someone to paint for us, doing it ourselves wasn't an option on our timeline. Still, connected with an old neighbor who will give us a 'friends and family' rate and take a small job (just one room). Plus, he's going to just use leftover paint he already has to touch up baseboards, so that saves us buying additional paint.
-In spite of periodic STRONG desires to do so, I haven't hired a dog sitter for the goddamn puppy that gets into everything and makes every task a million times harder ;) Just trying to be patient and judicious with enrichment toys and crate time.
-Batch cooking today, so whatever happens with flooring nonsense, it'll be quick + easy to avoid eating out/eating convenience foods.

Rural

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12159 on: October 14, 2018, 10:30:27 AM »
Fixed overflowing washing machine. The thing is at least 20 years old, and every 8-9 years we have to clean out the air pressure hose that activates the water shutoff valve. This time we also bleached it since the blockage seemed to be biological (yuck).

middo

• Pencil Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #12160 on: October 14, 2018, 04:48:32 PM »
We tried an Aldi ground coffee today, which tastes very similar to our usual coffee.  We are both particular about our vice of choice, and if we are going to save by making it ourselves, it still has to be good.  This one is good, and at $3 a bag, down from our usual $9 a bag, we are going back for a lot more bags.  Fill the freezer!

mountain mustache

• Bristles
« Reply #12161 on: October 14, 2018, 05:37:34 PM »
We tried an Aldi ground coffee today, which tastes very similar to our usual coffee.  We are both particular about our vice of choice, and if we are going to save by making it ourselves, it still has to be good.  This one is good, and at $3 a bag, down from our usual $9 a bag, we are going back for a lot more bags.  Fill the freezer!

Coffee is something I have not optimized yet. I don't ever get coffee out, but I pay $13 a pound for coffee beans that are roasted a mile away from me, and that lasts about 2 weeks. So I spend $26 a month on coffee beans. It's not really that much, and I so enjoy my morning coffee...I've tried to buy cheaper beans at the grocery store, and they taste so bad compared to the ridiculous $13 beans. I can't decide if I should get used to the cheaper beans, or not stress so much about a $26 a month expense...

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12162 on: October 14, 2018, 05:49:23 PM »

Coffee is something I have not optimized yet. I don't ever get coffee out, but I pay $13 a pound for coffee beans that are roasted a mile away from me, and that lasts about 2 weeks. So I spend $26 a month on coffee beans. It's not really that much, and I so enjoy my morning coffee...I've tried to buy cheaper beans at the grocery store, and they taste so bad compared to the ridiculous $13 beans. I can't decide if I should get used to the cheaper beans, or not stress so much about a $26 a month expense...

I have found my most sustainable option to be to cut the good beans with the cheap ones. I've worked up to 50/50, but I started with my $16/lb beans 75% and costco coffee 25%. Might be worth a try =) I find the costco house roast to be inoffensive, if a little flat- perfect for blending with a good but higher acid fancy coffee.

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12163 on: October 14, 2018, 06:01:39 PM »
Roommate at a PDC course left behind two new-in-box flashlights and a set of sheets. The flashlights are now stored in our earthquake kit and I’m washing the sheets to add to our linen closet.

Biked to errands three times today, rather than driving.

Bought LED ceiling light fixtures and some hardware for 40 percent off at the OSH Hardware closeout sale.

FamilyGuy

• Bristles
« Reply #12164 on: October 14, 2018, 08:38:39 PM »
I said no to a friend who called me to ice cream parlor. I like ice cream but don't want to spend $6 for a serving.

Sugaree

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12165 on: October 15, 2018, 05:15:02 AM »

I'm a huge fan of the Aldi coffee.  Especially at the price.  Unfortunately, the nearest Aldi to me is a 45 minute drive so I don't make it as often as I'd like.

marcela

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12166 on: October 15, 2018, 07:59:28 AM »
- First cooler weather hit this weekend and we had 2 glorious days of the AC being off. Now it's back into the 90s so we clicked it back on, but for a brief moment it was incredible.
- Went to the Friends of the Library book sale and stocked up on books/ DVDs. I got 21 new books and am challenging myself to not go to the library or buy any new books until I read through all of there.
- Successfully returned the robot vaccuum we got as gift for amazon credit and used that credit to buy lowes gift cards.
- Used the gift cards to buy in-stock blinds for the downstairs. Saved $200 compared to the custom ones my husband was eyeballing.
- Installed them ourselves, saving $99. This took less than an hour and required no more than a screw driver and a pencil. People really pay $100 for this?!
- Already noticed a temperature difference in the downstairs so will have some savings on our energy bill. We didn't get the really energy efficient honeycomb blinds that I wanted, but I'll take what I can get. Pup is not pleased at the disappearance of his sunspots.
- Did not eat out at all over the weekend despite strong desire to be lazy. Going grocery shopping for a few odds and ends tonight so my husband doesn't go by himself on Tuesday. He has a tendency to go off list.

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12167 on: October 15, 2018, 12:46:21 PM »
We had a nice rain so turned off the irrigation for the maximum eight days.

Made coffee at home in a French press and added the grounds to the sheet mulch under our grapevine.

Rubic

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12168 on: October 15, 2018, 02:35:08 PM »
Comcast billed me $50 for next month, Internet-only service.  Called to cancel, so they dropped it back to $30.  (Was $20, but that was the teaser rate.)

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12169 on: October 15, 2018, 03:17:08 PM »
We have had our ac off for two days too!

Eating leftover meatloaf that we had in July. I had it frozen and vac packed it and looks great. Also, having frozen rice that was left over from a couple of weeks ago. Easy peasy dinner with some frozen veggies.

My freezer and dishwasher broke and I bought new ones. When I got my electric bill it says the bill went down 17% from last month! The freezer was old but dishwasher was probably 7 years old. Freezer probably 25 years old. Hard to believe my electric bill went down that much because we have run our bedroom ac since May and living room ac up till about a week and a half ago. I'll take it!

Unfortunately, we have gone directly from ac to heat! Weather in New England is unpredictable!

middo

• Pencil Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #12170 on: October 15, 2018, 06:42:46 PM »
I've been chasing cheaper house insurance.  Country Australia, hobby farm.  Many companies won't cover a hobby farm. 

I have had quotes that started around $2300, and down to $1800.  All of them boast a low excess, even though I have asked for the highest one possible.

Today, success.  WFI (Wesfarmers) has offered me a $10,000 excess for $855, and farm liability (in case our animals stray and hurt someone or cause an accident for $242.  All up, $1097, which is over a thousand less than any other that includes farm liability.

It is worth shopping around.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12171 on: October 15, 2018, 07:44:16 PM »
 Approx. 7 years ago I called Allstate who was our insurance company for probably 30 years. I asked if they could lower our insurance. We had one pick up truck, one  Honda CRV and a two wheel utility trailer. We also had house insurance and an umbrella policy. Our rates thru Allstate went up and up. I contacted our agent to see if he could reduce our rates. He called back and said no. I called AARP and got the same, maybe better insurance and it cost me about $900 less per year. Check it out!

FamilyGuy

• Bristles
« Reply #12172 on: October 15, 2018, 09:05:00 PM »
Yesterday's leftover for dinner.
Didn't use Fan as the weather was already optimal for me.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12173 on: October 16, 2018, 12:23:00 AM »
Walked to work and will walk back later today.

Cooked a dinner from cheap ingredients yesterday. I didn't really enjoy the taste of swede, even though I mixed it with carrots to make it sweeter.

Michael in ABQ

• Pencil Stache
    • Military Saints
« Reply #12174 on: October 16, 2018, 06:02:48 AM »
Our toddler broke the glass on our patio door. The builder was nice enough to make it a non-standard size (off by about an inch) so instead of being $250 it was over $450. I asked if they would offer a discount if I paid in cash and they knocked $30 off the price. I'm trying to reach $3k in spend for a $500 CC bonus but the cash discount was much better than the CC rebate ($1k spend a month will be easy with normal expenses).

MaybeBabyMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12175 on: October 16, 2018, 07:34:42 AM »
-Was out of town all weekend, so didn't have meals prepped as usual. After a crazy day, followed by a cross country meet for the kids, bought a few things at Trader Joes, and made dinner for about $10 (includes at least one more meal of leftovers). Not as cheap as something I could have made, but got us through without takeout.
-Drove our electric car to cross country, which was over an hour's drive
-Husband & kids picked me up from the airport, vs me taking an Uber
-I packed lots of extra water for the cross country meet (it was 85+), and passed on an extra water to a friend, who was about to buy one.

MountainGal

• Bristles
« Reply #12176 on: October 16, 2018, 12:44:22 PM »
Everyone is doing really well!

Lately:
~DH and I went to the movies (a matinee-still $12 each!!!) for the first time in years.  He had a pass for a free ticket, so we just had to buy one.  We did splurge on popcorn, etc. though.  It sure isn't cheap!
~Cut the top 3/4 of my pump lotion bottle which lends itself to another 1.5 inches of product.
~Turned my make up base bottle upside down to use up as much as possible before opening the new one.
~Used water to delude the last of the Woolite Sunday.
~Saved 27% percent at the grocery store last night by shopping the sales, using paper and e-coupons.  Deals included 3 free products, BOGO vitamins and shrimp.
~Bought strawberries on sale last night to rinse and freeze for winter consumption.
~Keeping mindful of energy use, and the reduction in outdoor temperatures, dropped our bill down to $66 this month.
~Paid the insurance for my new car in full to save their little installment fees.
~Last week's Crock Pot chicken stock went into Sunday's cauliflower ham soup.
~Froze another cherry tomato harvest from the garden for this winter.
~Combined errands while in the big city to see family over the weekend.
~Per my spreadsheet, last night I spent the lowest on groceries since January.  (Pats self on back.)
~Saturday night's restaurant nachos turned into that night's meal plus two leftover snacks!
~Called the office landline to ask why the rate is up from what I was quoted a few months ago.  They said that quote didn't include taxes and fees, which they apparently aren't allowed to quote.  The rep credited our bill $20 for the next 12 months.
~Have been taking the usual coffee, snacks, and lunch to the office.  Currently eating the rest of last week's chicken, and just ate some chili I brought home from a local chili cook off.

FamilyGuy

• Bristles
« Reply #12177 on: October 16, 2018, 01:15:58 PM »
Used K-cups (someone put that in office kitchen for free) instead of buying coffee in the cafe.

Sugaree

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12178 on: October 17, 2018, 10:32:51 AM »
I (finally) remembered to bring all the frozen lunches I made to work for lunch.  They're more expensive than PB&J or the cheapo frozen meals, but still cheaper than hitting the cafeteria or skipping lunch and then eating everything in sight while cooking dinner. 

I also fixed a rip in my jeans with my dollar store sewing kit.  Hopefully they'll last until I can find a suitable replacement at the thrift store. 

ETA:  And I found a promo code to save 25% on the heater core for DH's car.  And he gets to put it in so that will save about $500 in labor charges. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 11:54:10 AM by Sugaree »

MaybeBabyMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12179 on: October 17, 2018, 02:29:14 PM »
@MountainGal - how do you reheat nachos? Love them, but unclear how I could love them as a leftover. Do share tips!

Standard stuff for us:
-Leftovers for dinner
-Sorted our benefits for 2019
-Earned a $1K bonus for a really terrible, thankless project at work. Feel super happy it's over, and that my manager recognized my contribution
-Youngest son wants to join the middle school volleyball team. It's a reasonable time commitment, and about $100. Before he tries it, I offered to sign him up for a $25 clinic. If he doesn't like it, great, no fuss/no muss. If he does, he'll be better prepared for the season.

MountainGal

• Bristles
« Reply #12180 on: October 18, 2018, 08:44:06 AM »
@MaybeBabyMustache , I warm them up in the microwave.  True, the tortilla chips are a little soggy by the next day, but yay no food waste!

Imma

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12181 on: October 18, 2018, 09:06:18 AM »
- Bought a load of seasonal veggies for dinner today and tomorrow.
- Used odds and ends of several vegetables and cheese to make an omelette for lunch. Served it with toasted, stale bread
- Will make overnight oats for tomorrow's breakfast
- Am home alone over the weekend and plan to spend all of my time writing two papers, not going out to buy anything. At most I might watch Netflix under a blanket to relax at night.
- We're having an unusually warm autumn, so we still have not turned on the heating and don't expect to do so next week either.
- This means I can also still dry laundry outdoors! 

OtherJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12182 on: October 19, 2018, 02:08:25 PM »
I drove my parents to the county clerk to get notarized copies of their birth certificates. This saved them about $100, compared to the cost of ordering the same number of copies online.

While downtown, we managed to snag street parking for $2.50 rather than $10 for a parking garage. I also drove my tiny Prius rather than their big SUV.

Parents bought lunch as a thanks for driving, so yay, free lunch at a favorite restaurant (and leftovers for dinner)!

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12183 on: October 19, 2018, 07:47:36 PM »
* One of my Amazon listings sold, so $35 is headed straight to an investment account.

* Made dinner at home: challah and roast chicken.

* Harvested tangerines and thyme from the yard.

* Line-dried a couple of loads, saving about $0.50 in electricity costs.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12184 on: October 19, 2018, 09:28:07 PM »
-Met my husband for a free lunch at work,& lunch was fabulous
-Made a great pilaf, using celery that had been the fridge for a while. Bulked up the pilaf by adding extra carrots, and doubling the recipe for leftovers
-Used $14 of Rite Aid credit to buy an OTC medicine

Sugaree

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12185 on: October 20, 2018, 06:26:32 AM »
I'll be leaving shortly to go pick up a couple of free trees to plant in the yard.  I'm hoping to bring home a couple of Pawpaw trees (that's a fruit native to the southeastern US) and a couple of Magnolia trees. 

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12186 on: October 20, 2018, 10:05:35 AM »
I harpuned 2 fish and DH one fish. Together free protein ingredients for two meals.

Imma

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12187 on: October 20, 2018, 11:11:42 AM »
I bought some vegetables that were very cheap because they need to be eaten very quickly. I will stir fry them today and freeze them with rice so we have some quick healthy meals in the freezer.

I'm also doing some mending today and I still haven't turned on the heating. It's quite warm for October during the day, but the evenings get pretty chilly. I'd like to hold off until 1 November but I'm not sure if I can. Our normal target date is no heating before 1 October so we're doing better than ever anyway.

pressure9pa

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12188 on: October 20, 2018, 12:58:18 PM »
Set my dryer to "winter mode", where I run the exhaust pipe up the wall and out a vent to put the heat and humidity into the house.  I dry about 40% of the clothes that go through the washer. 

mountain mustache

• Bristles
« Reply #12189 on: October 20, 2018, 02:30:26 PM »
- having a "no spend" weekend, staying home and focusing on cleaning and resting
- also, doing an inventory of my chest freezer, to plan meals around all of the food I've been stocking up over the summer

Sugaree

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12190 on: October 20, 2018, 02:38:07 PM »
Set my dryer to "winter mode", where I run the exhaust pipe up the wall and out a vent to put the heat and humidity into the house.  I dry about 40% of the clothes that go through the washer.

May I ask how you keep from blowing lint all over everything?

pressure9pa

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12191 on: October 20, 2018, 03:35:35 PM »

May I ask how you keep from blowing lint all over everything?

This isn't exactly the same model I have, but similar to this.  The screen is easily removed and picked clean like a regular washer's lint screen.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Deflect-o-Extra-Heat-Dryer-Heat-Diverter-EX12/100167911

Some versions also vent through water that you replace very so often. 

MaybeBabyMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12192 on: October 20, 2018, 04:15:58 PM »
I harpuned 2 fish and DH one fish. Together free protein ingredients for two meals.

Pretty sure you win!

-Made a menu plan & (mostly) shopped from the list. I've also acknowledged that our 11 & 12 year olds are eating way more, and given our schedules (I cook only on weekends, & we eat leftovers during the work week), we're running out earlier in the week. We've pretty much exhausted all freezer options, so today I bought a few convenience foods that can be pulled out to round out leftovers or other dinners: ravioli, potstickers, empanadas, baked chicken, etc.
-Drove our electric car all over for errands. Will charge for free on Monday
-Went through the kids closets & found a few things they've overgrown that I can sell

OtherJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12193 on: October 20, 2018, 06:37:00 PM »
After finishing the ďCastle RockĒ TV series, I wanted to read some of Stephen Kingís work (Iím a fan, but itís been a few years). Our local library branch isnít super well stocked, so I was pleasantly surprised to find three full shelves of his novels. I havenít read Dolores Claiborne since high school (~25 years). Iím excited to reread it this week and didnít have to pay a cent for the privilege.

The library branch also has several seasons of ďSuitsĒ on DVD. Iíll have to place a hold on Season 1. Iíve been wanting to watch that show for a while.

Mrs.Piano

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12194 on: October 21, 2018, 09:15:11 AM »
- Cut down some pesky bushes with a tree saw rather than hiring someone to do so. My first time using a tree saw! Felt very Mustachian throughout.

- Made arrangements with a lady from our mosque to pick up large load of fabric and household goods she received in her motherís downsizing. Will sort through this afternoon and share with another mosque member plus some refugee families. 

MaybeBabyMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12195 on: October 21, 2018, 12:14:06 PM »
Somehow, all food related.

-Prepped four batches of taco meat for the freezer. Bonus points for running out of taco seasoning, & making more from various spices around the house
-Shredded a brick of romano cheese, for the freezer. We freeze in ziplock size portions & take out when we're running low.
-The kids made us a cake for our anniversary yesterday, and we ran out of powdered sugar. Made more in the blender.
-Froze leftovers from last night's dinner. Will make at least 4 dinner's worth. It was also delicious!
-Rather than going out for dinner for our anniversary, the kids opted to make us a cake (absolutely amazing - from scratch!) & we opened a bottle of nice champagne & made dinner together. It was one of my favorite anniversaries ever. Lots of laughing with the cake creation.

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12196 on: October 21, 2018, 12:32:22 PM »
Went for a walk with two friends instead of going out for a drink. Money saved + an hour of ourside air and 'exercise'.

Rosy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12197 on: October 21, 2018, 02:28:22 PM »
Reading online, sci-fi - amazon freebie book - fun read

Batch cooked soup - came out fabulous. Freshly chopped leeks, fresh carrots, potatoes and a can of creamed corn, added some fried bacon pieces for flavor.
Simmered a batch of sliced apples - to go with oatmeal in the morning, for dessert with ice cream and for apple pancakes. Mr. R. helped with my little apple cutting tool since I don't have enough strength to use it anymore - I hate that, but it was nice to hang out in the kitchen together.
Fixed country style ribs yesterday, to eat with fresh steamed corn on the cob and maybe some of those apples later today.
Mr. R. will have plenty of good stuff for lunches this week and less cooking this week for me.

Line dried yesterday and today.
Found a coupon for my eye drops online $3.

OK

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12198 on: October 21, 2018, 02:39:30 PM »
* went through a cookbook on loan from the library and copied out a few recipes by hand rather than making copies
* line dried one laundry load
* told my daughter that I am not buying any new Halloween costumes, she can chose one from the outfits we still have from the last years

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12199 on: October 21, 2018, 09:07:41 PM »
* Saved pretty fabric ribbons that came with some new pillows for guests. I'll use them for gift wrap at the holidays.

* Tangerine harvest

* Put some used cardboard moving boxes on the sideyard as the first layer of a lasagna mulch

* Accepted a gently used boys' bike from a mom friend--her son has grown out of it and my son will move up to it shortly.