Author Topic: What is your lowest rate CC?  (Read 3527 times)

adam

• Bristles
What is your lowest rate CC?
« on: March 29, 2012, 02:44:12 PM »
The post about moving Student Loans to a CC made me wonder.  My lowest card is 5.49% and I get the impression that's a pretty damn low rate, but it still isn't lower than my consolidated loan rate.

TheDude

• Bristles
Re: What is your lowest rate CC?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 03:36:15 PM »
There are a bunch of 0% cards for 12 or 15 months right now.  I think my lowest standard rate right now is about 6%.

I paid off about 50K worth of student loans with a card that offered 5% cash back. Turned into a nice little discount. The remaining consolidated loans are at 1.875%

menorman

• Stubble
    • Marven's Money Musings
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 06:54:11 PM »
Currently 14% or so. I immediately passed on an offer for a gas card yesterday at 26.99%.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 09:22:46 PM »
The only CC rate I know is a balance transfer done at 0% (no transfer fee either), that I'll pay off in full before it starts earning interest in November.

The other CCs, the ones I use to pay for purchases, I have no idea, because I pay off the balance every month.  I just make sure they don't have any annual fees, and I couldn't care less about the interest rate.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

kudy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 12:56:26 PM »
I have one that seems to stay at 5.5 consistently.

onehappypanda

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 01:25:20 PM »
I don't actually know.

I have one CC that I use, and it's around 14% I think? It had an intro rate of 0% but that expired in a year, which I think is pretty common. But I've never actually paid interest on it, I just use it for convenience and rewards and pay it off in full every month. I thought about calling and trying to bargain a lower interest rate but I'm not sure if there's any point in that since I never carry a balance.

I also have a really stupid store card that I got when I was 19 and dumb. Probably something like 25%. I've also never paid interest on it, paid the balance off in full and now I don't ever use it. I'm too lazy to close it out even though it has a ridiculously low max balance so I probably should.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!