Author Topic: What frugal luxuries did you enjoy today?  (Read 2156 times)

Jenny Wren

• Pencil Stache
  • Just another dharma bum
What frugal luxuries did you enjoy today?
« on: December 27, 2017, 09:51:01 AM »
Sometimes cutting expenses can make one feel deprived. I thought that perhaps focusing on our little luxuries and getting inspiration from each other for new little frugal luxuries could help overcome this quirk of human nature!

My frugal luxuries this morning:

*Enjoying my super fancy homebrew coffee brewed in my super fancy thrifted French press, and served in my super fancy inherited oversize mug. (New Mexico Pinon brew with a splash of coconut milk, which I dilute one can to 1 quart of water and use as creamer, for any coffee freaks like me that want to know.)

*I'm working from home on a gloomy, snowy day, but my thrift store desk lamp provides me with the perfect warm glow that only lights my work area, which means I can glance out the window and enjoy the small amount of natural light filtering in. It just feels cozy! I can pretend like I am living in a perfectly staged instagram photo ;)

*one of the cats is snoozing on a lower shelf of my desk. The little kitty snores and squeaks whenever she catches a dream mouse are the pinnacle of sweet comforting sounds. True, sometimes pets can be expensive, but when I itemize out their average cost over a lifetime it is less than having cable!

What are your frugal luxuries right now?

Rural

• Walrus Stache
Re: What frugal luxuries did you enjoy today?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 05:39:32 PM »
Cup of hot tea with lemon

Wool socks (best Christmas present ever)

Thick veggie soup built around leftover blackeyed peas I made for Christmas dinner

Rachelocity

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 06:48:06 PM »
I just made myself a delicious mug of cocoa.  It's freaking cold outside so I am bundling up in my cozy apartment, and with my delicious cocoa and my favourite quilt, I am snuggly and content.  Tomorrow, I get to make a delicious pot of soup with the bones from the fancy fresh turkey I bought for $0.99/lb.  I heart Boxing Day! 

Jenny Wren

• Pencil Stache
  • Just another dharma bum
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 08:28:58 PM »
I just made myself a delicious mug of cocoa.  It's freaking cold outside so I am bundling up in my cozy apartment, and with my delicious cocoa and my favourite quilt, I am snuggly and content.  Tomorrow, I get to make a delicious pot of soup with the bones from the fancy fresh turkey I bought for $0.99/lb.  I heart Boxing Day!

This inspired me to make a steaming mug of hot cocoa for me and the spouse. Except I spiked ours with some homemade coffee liqueur just because!