Author Topic: what am I missing here?  (Read 920 times)

mitchm

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
what am I missing here?
« on: February 21, 2021, 04:40:43 PM »
Perhaps this belongs in off topic, but:

"When his lease ended this month, Paillant moved with his partner to West Oakland where they were able to negotiate paying just half of the nearly $9,000 security deposit. The landlord agreed to let them pay the other half over time. So far, Paillant said, he and his partner have been able to pay only about 25% of their new rent. So he’s accumulating more debt on top of what he may owe his former landlord come July, when statewide protections are set to end.

“At that point you’re pretty much in too deep,” said Paillant, who added that he has consulted with a bankruptcy lawyer."

So he moved out of his previous place into a new place with a 9K (!) security deposit, and is now only paying 25% of that current rent. Perhaps he chose an apartment that is too pricey for him yet again? And why did the landlord accept partial security deposit given the circumstances under which he was moving in??

https://calmatters.org/california-divide/2021/02/bay-area-worker-rent-debt/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=CalMatters+Newsletters&utm_campaign=a06f0d7b70-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2021_02_20_12_21&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_faa7be558d-a06f0d7b70-150740108&mc_cid=a06f0d7b70&mc_eid=2fdca59048

Cranky

• Magnum Stache
Re: what am I missing here?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 06:37:55 PM »
Hindsight is 20/20, I guess? He thought things were going to get back to normal and they didn’t.

Why hasn’t he found a new job? What exactly does a “product manager” do? Are there no products to manage these days?