Author Topic: Latex Mattress - Worth It?  (Read 1621 times)

lakeslim

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Latex Mattress - Worth It?
« on: April 06, 2018, 10:54:27 AM »
Hello all! I tried searching the forum to find out if anybody had asked this question, however, it appears that the search function is broken up.

I am going to purchase a new mattress, and hope whether latex mattresses are worthwhile. They appear to be more costly than spring beds but are thought to be lasting... and of course how there is this supposed problem of electromagnetic radiation. To spring beds (not sure whether to think that however).

A little about my sleeping habits: I really don't have back issues and have slept on spring beds my entire life. I begin sleeping in my side but roll over on my back sometime during the course of this evening. I have a tendency to favor firm mattresses. (In general, I am quite average.)

I would love to endure quite a while.

Any remarks on latex . other types of mattresses welcome! Or when a thread on this already exists, please see me there :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 11:07:08 AM by lakeslim »

canisius

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Latex Mattress - Worth It?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 02:26:06 PM »
I can’t speak on latex, but we have a Sleep Number.  With the 25 year Warrantee and the comfort it was worth it; especially as before my wife and I had back trouble.  Likewise we both woke up with a crook in the neck, so we bought their mattress.  Problem solved.  Cost wise, it is working out. Our last spring matress had a ten year warantee but was worn out in seven and was four hundred bed and base.  If this was lasts its warantee or even two thirds we broke even.  In addition, not being in constant pain is worth it to us.  That said, we also waited for Black Friday Sales and saved 25%, and also used the credit card to save another 10%.

Lanthiriel

• Pencil Stache
Re: Latex Mattress - Worth It?
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 05:37:58 PM »
This may be a you get what you pay for situation, but we bought a firm, $600 latex mattress two years ago. It was sagging so horribly starting about a year in that my husband and I couldn't sleep together without both of us rolling into the middle. It also bad no edge support. We just replaced it with a $500 spring mattress from Costco with a gel layer and so far it's better than the latex was out of the box.