Author Topic: Well that worked out pretty well...  (Read 4417 times)

cbr shadow

• Bristles
Well that worked out pretty well...
« on: December 07, 2012, 10:56:55 AM »
So I decided to replace the crappy factory radio in my 2001 Insight with something that has blue tooth so that I could use my phone to play music wirelessly in my car.  I didn't want to spend 'real' money on it, so I did paid surveys for almost a month and finally had the $90 to buy the radio.  It's a JVC radio from Best Buy.  Anyways, I confirm with the sales person that I can use the bluetooth the way I want to (the package also says "Bluetooth!" all over it).  So I take it home and install it myself in about 2 hours.  Sounds great, big improvement over the factory radio - success! ... well, except that it doesn't actually have bluetooth!  It's bluetooth "enabled" meaning it's ready to accept another $90 part that you buy from JVC for the bluetooth to work.  Wow, really?  If it hadn't taken all afternoon to install I'd return it..
Anyways, I decided that instead I would start saving the paid survey money to buy the bluetooth adapter..  Then last night my employer had a christmas party where I won a $200 tablet and a gift reciept came with it (purchsed at Best Buy)..  So I bought the bluetooth adapter and still have $100 left over!  Maybe I'll use that to buy Christmas gifts!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Well that worked out pretty well...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 12:06:54 PM »
Hah, awesome!  Glad it ended up working out.  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Mickijune

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 02:33:56 PM »
Which site do you use for paid surveys?

cbr shadow

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 03:00:28 PM »
www.opinionoutpost.com
You're not going to replace your day job, but I normally get about $8 per day doing them.. that's about 1.5 hrs of doing surveys.  I do this while I eat lunch at work or in down time in the evening.  That's the best site around if you want to do surveys though.
Also to get paid you can just transfer right to your paypal account instantly, which is nice.  So far I've made about $300 doing surveys, almost all of them during my lunch break at work when I'd just be sitting here eating anyway.

Mickijune

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 03:37:49 PM »
Wow, not bad! I only get 30 minutes for lunch, so I guess it wouldn't help me much there. But, heck, I'll try it!

MafiaPrincess

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 07:33:27 PM »
Sucks on the radio not being what you thought.. but awesome on the DIY install, and the win at the Christmas party :)

And thanks for a new survey site :)