Author Topic: Website Traffic for Mother's Business...  (Read 2963 times)

cbr shadow

• Bristles
Website Traffic for Mother's Business...
« on: August 05, 2013, 12:09:53 PM »
My mother is an insurance broker and is very knowledgeable about insurance, new Obamacare rules, etc.. but she’s not very tech savvy.  With the big national insurance changes happening soon she has decided to pay for a website where she could explain how it works and get some business her way.
Anyways, the website it setup and she’s paying for it now, but she is unsure on how to get traffic to her website.  Most other insurance provider colleagues of hers do “email bombing” where they buy email addresses and send a mass-email to everyone on the list.
How does this work?  I see that you can buy email addresses online, but what is the workflow to send your message to them?  Is there a specific tool for this?

Thanks for any help
Ryan 

nawhite

• Handlebar Stache
    • The Reckless Choice
Re: Website Traffic for Mother's Business...
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 02:03:30 PM »
What you described sounds like the very definition of "spamming." There are other good ways to get traffic but most of them involve getting people to link to your website to improve your search engine results.

In terms of other traffic sources, there is:

1. organic search results - get lots of people to link to you by being a definitive source for unique content. There are some not very upstanding companies which will say "we'll get you to #1 on google" and basically will just create a lot of fake links to your website (see the blog comments on blogs that don't screen comments and allow links for examples of these"fake links"). Then Google will rank you higher for a short term before they realize all of the links are fake. Beware companies which promise to give you "1,000 links to your site!"

2. paid search results - pay google to put an ad up for your website when they search for 'Obamacare rules.' This could work but might be really expensive for that niche.

3. Advertise on another site - Facebook or some ad network (google Ad Sense is an example)

4. Slowly expand your audience and keep them around/coming back by creating good content and getting their email yourself. Then when you send them content, they are asking for content like that. This also will improve conversions from website pageview into insurance customer. Let me know if you want more info on this path and I'll send you some great links.

omegashop333

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 03:52:35 AM »
Your mother was an insurance broker. If she wants to convert leads and make any ,money around here(the Internets)...she needs to become an internet marketer and/or writer.

If she's an expert then she needs to write articles, e-books and newsletters on the topic. Then she needs to scour the web for forums, blogs and site's that cover the topic. Every user on these forums should be made aware through introductory post and valuable thread creation that she's knowledgeable and an expert. Every post she create's should have some incentive to click on her links.

Now would also be a good time for her to look into the "branding niche" of marketing.

BTW..does she have a twitter/facebook/youtube page up.....any random squeeze pages?

MakingSenseofCents

• Bristles
    • Making Sense of Cents
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 08:23:09 AM »
I agree with the others. I'm not sure if email bombing/spamming is the way to approach this. I would look for guest articles, growing social media outlets, and growing search results.

gdborton

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 09:10:21 AM »
Regional targeting via google ads probably won't be that expensive unless you live in a very large city with lots of competitors, so if the website is in a ready to be seen state that's where I'd start.  Also, do not buy email addresses, that's among the dirtiest of internet practices.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!