Author Topic: Website Issue  (Read 2155 times)

eyePod

• Pencil Stache
    • Flipping A Dollar
Website Issue
« on: August 28, 2015, 06:22:35 AM »
I have a blog (in my signature) and two times in the past month have had errors overnight. I have one of the Jetpack plugins that checks for website status.

Both times they seem to have occurred around 11pm-midnight and came back around 6-7AM. It was an "Error Establishing a Database Connection."

I haven't had a large spike in traffic or anything and i haven't added any new plugins since then. I have upgraded wordpress in between the two days so I don't think it's that either. I'm just wondering if anyone has seen anything like this before. Trying to nip it in the bud before it becomes a bigger issue.

Meowmalade

• Handlebar Stache
  • Like "Marmalade". Not like an ailing French cat.
Re: Website Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 07:42:44 AM »
I'd talk to your webhost if you're concerned.  This is the connection to your MySQL database which is the backend of Wordpress.

Mine was having a ton of connection issues every few minutes this past weekend, and after going back and forth with my webhost I think what happened was that my backing up all my files using FTP triggered an alarm, and they semi-blocked my IP until they figured out if the activity was safe (they have now white-listed my IP).  I kept telling them I was getting this error and they said it looked fine when they tried it!  Do you have some sort of backup or other activity happening during those hours?

eyePod

• Pencil Stache
    • Flipping A Dollar
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 08:06:39 AM »
Thanks for the insight. It backs up every week and it wasn't happening while it was down. I'll reach out to bluehost and see if they can help at all. Sucks thought since I feel pretty helpless in this situation!

Meowmalade

• Handlebar Stache
  • Like "Marmalade". Not like an ailing French cat.
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 08:50:12 AM »
I'd like to know what they say!  It was pretty frustrating for me this past weekend.  Hard to do website development when it's down (though I was glad to hear that it was probably only affecting me!).