Author Topic: We're moving to Denver!  (Read 2926 times)

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
We're moving to Denver!
« on: April 11, 2014, 01:12:40 PM »
My husband just accepted a job offer in Denver. He'll be making $50-$60K and I make another $10-12K working from home, two little kids. He'll be working in Cherry Creek.

Just wanted to see if any of y'all had wisdom to share about Mustachian life in Denver! We've lived almost our whole lives on the East Coast.

Left Bank

• Stubble
Re: We're moving to Denver!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 01:24:54 PM »
Spend time outdoors in the Front Range and enjoy some great, cheap Mexican food!

doyouknowwhy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 02:06:42 PM »
Welcome

stuckinmn

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 02:42:46 PM »
Congrats. 

I'm trying like hell to get back to Denver after 9 years of living at the north pole (aka minnesota).   You should love it and judging from my time there and the number of Colorado posters on this board, there are plenty of Mustachian things to do there.  Most involve the mountains and the outfoors generally. 

cyclocross

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 02:43:31 PM »
Welcome!  Considering your husband's work location, try to live close to the Cheery Creek bike path which goes from downtown, through Cherry Creek and ends at Cherry Creek State Park (free entry by bike).  It connects to several other trails as well. 

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 06:02:37 PM »
Beautiful area. I've only visited, never lived, so others will be able to offer better advice.

That said, I'd personally find it easier to be Mustachian there than on the East Coast.

Enjoy the 300+ days of sunshine!

brewer12345

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 07:16:46 PM »

We live in the southern suburbs with kids.  PM me if you want the nickel tour.