Author Topic: Walmart - Black Friday Phone Deals  (Read 2700 times)

Farmer123

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Walmart - Black Friday Phone Deals
« on: November 22, 2017, 06:52:54 AM »
The Walmart ad for Black Friday includes the option to buy a new iPhone or Samsung and get a $300 gift card.
With the iPhone 7 listed for $550, I could basically get the phone for $250.

Does anyone know if this deal is legit? It states only available for "qualifying purchases." I cannot find the fine print anywhere.

This is what the ad stated:
Walmart - Beginning November 23 - Apple iPhone Qualifying Purchases (iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X) get a $300 Walmart Gift Card (AT&T & Verizon)

Are there other iPhone deals available that I might be missing?
Thanks for any help.

Aggie1999

• Bristles
Re: Walmart - Black Friday Phone Deals
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 08:40:35 AM »
I'm also interested in this. Going to give either an iPhone 8 or X for a Christmas gift. Lot of these ~$300 rebates going around but all require a new line of service. Seems like that doesn't work for the majority of the people upgrading. What am I missing?

Also, any place to buy an iPhone over the internet without having to pay tax but still be from an authorized seller?

Crease

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 08:51:00 AM »
Going to follow this thread. My wife and I need new phones (need, not want) and we really don't want to spend more than $250 a pop. Currently eyeing the Moto G5 Plus on Amazon but if there are better deals to be had sign us up.

Farmer123

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 09:05:40 AM »
I just emailed the author of the Forbes article to see if there are any strings attached.
He replied immediately (surprising) and said the only restriction is that you must use either Verizon or AT&T.
No other restrictions.

The only thing worrying me is that I will go to the store tomorrow night and they will be sold out or the wait will be hours...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2017/11/19/apple-black-friday-2017-the-best-ipad-iphone-macbook-deals-sales/#5fb874115698

MatthewK

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 05:51:54 AM »
Going to follow this thread. My wife and I need new phones (need, not want) and we really don't want to spend more than $250 a pop. Currently eyeing the Moto G5 Plus on Amazon but if there are better deals to be had sign us up.

Not sure what your use is like, power, middle of the road, minimalist. I would consider myself pretty minimalist and I went from an Iphone 5S (way more then I needed, pre MMM days) to a Moto G4 Play using ting network. I got the special advertisement phone from Amazon for $100!!! Sure you have to see the Amazon adds when you wake the phone up but just immediately swipe them away. I don't even notice them now. And the phone had been fantastic for me.

Crease

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 06:08:03 AM »

Not sure what your use is like, power, middle of the road, minimalist. I would consider myself pretty minimalist and I went from an Iphone 5S (way more then I needed, pre MMM days) to a Moto G4 Play using ting network. I got the special advertisement phone from Amazon for $100!!! Sure you have to see the Amazon adds when you wake the phone up but just immediately swipe them away. I don't even notice them now. And the phone had been fantastic for me.

I'd say we're middle-of-the-road users.

Best Buy has the 64GB Moto G5+ sitting at $225 right now.
Amazon has the Prime Exclusive Ad version sitting at $180. Decisions decisions.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 06:18:51 AM by Crease »

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 08:38:08 AM »

I'd say we're middle-of-the-road users.

Best Buy has the 64GB Moto G5+ sitting at $225 right now.
Amazon has the Prime Exclusive Ad version sitting at $180. Decisions decisions.

Costco has one without the adds for the same price. My DH just ordered one for me last night. The G4 didn't have as good a camera as the 3 and 5.

2Cent

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2017, 03:58:43 AM »
I have the Moto 5G+. Very happy with it. The next best phone would be one with optical stabilisation for the camera, which would be the Galaxy S7. But it is quite a lot more expensive.
Don't get the adds version. That is extremely annoying. Better buy a cheaper model without adds.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 04:33:35 AM »

Those ads are easily removed

Aggie1999

• Bristles
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 08:58:08 PM »
Good deal going for the next few hours on the iPhone 8 64 GB and 256 GB versions. Less than retail with no tax and 10% ebay bucks until midnight tonight PST time.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10921875-apple-iphone-8-256gb-gsm-cdma-unlocked-779-99

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!