Author Topic: VRBO & Children Questions  (Read 1496 times)

Captain FIRE

• Handlebar Stache
VRBO & Children Questions
« on: August 27, 2018, 01:55:49 PM »
There are various filters for VRBO.  One is "children welcome" and another is "properties good for families with kids".  I understand that a VRBO place is not going to be childproofed (nor is a hotel room....), and would be vigilant watching my 18 month old toddler.  What I don't understand, is if this is just a polite way to say we don't really want kids here, but perhaps can't legally say "no kids allowed"?  Or is this a requirement, where I can ONLY book places marked as children welcome?  In other words, if I book a place (indicating 3 people but don't search based on these filters), and I show up with a toddler, could the owner refuse us service? 

We'd bring our own pack and play, so the suitability of the beds doesn't matter to us.  (e.g. one place I saw had bunk beds, another had a loft bed accessible by a ladder, which obviously aren't suitable for a toddler)

Cranky

• Magnum Stache
Re: VRBO & Children Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 04:00:48 PM »
When we rented a vacation house thru VRBO we had to write a note to the owner explaining why we wanted to rent. I’m pretty sure that I had filtered out the No Kids places, but my note was chatty about it being my birthday week and it was a family trip including adorable toddler grandboy.

As I recall, we got an approval note from the owners within a couple of hours, and they specifically mentioned the adorable toddler.

(The House was nice but the weather was terrible.)