Author Topic: Virtual Banks - What's your experience?  (Read 1406 times)

Overfocused

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Virtual Banks - What's your experience?
« on: June 06, 2019, 07:48:49 PM »
I am looking into setting up a virtual bank account for bookkeeping reasons with Ebay (they've made a complete mess of my bank statements by forcing direct deposit payments almost daily.) There seem to be a lot of grim reviews online for virtual banks in general, though I know sometimes people expect too much for free.

Anyone here had good experiences with a virtual bank that could recommend a company to me that the Google search engine might be hiding from me? Horror stories are welcome too, I'd like to have a balanced view of this avenue of money management.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
Re: Virtual Banks - What's your experience?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 09:03:54 PM »
Are you not using PayPal?

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 01:47:43 PM »
I have a paypal account, but only have a credit card linked to it. Its not perfect, but they work. In particular, they're pretty crappy about assigning a standard payment method to each account, but not letting you view and manage those yourself. I threatened to sue them for fraud after they kept pulling money from my checking account instead of the credit card that I very clearly told them to use. That's how I found out.

I then removed my checking account from paypal.

RyanAtTanagra

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 12:08:18 PM »
What's a virtual bank?  Is that an online bank?  Or is it a fake bank account you put money into and can link to services like a debit card?  If it's just an online bank, I've been using Etrade for checking and savings for about 10 years and have been happy with them.