Author Topic: Video editing for an potentially interested noob?  (Read 770 times)

jeromedawg

• Walrus Stache
Video editing for an potentially interested noob?
« on: June 03, 2021, 12:20:36 AM »
Hey all,

My wife and I were talking and the subject of editing videos came up recently. She doesn't have many interests but this one sparked her interest and she keeps asking about how she could get upstarted at least with software to play around with.
She's super super nitpicky about things and has a huge knack for correcting and updating text (emails, letters, etc). I'll always have her proofread anything important I need to draft up and she's pretty good at it.

Anyway, for those of you who are into video editing, what would you recommend? I have an older 2013 Macbook Air and currently she works on an older Dell laptop. Neither have the best graphics on them. My laptop is a gaming laptop so I suppose that could work if we're desperate. I did a quick search and Lightworks was at the top of the list on a couple sites for best free editing software. Any others to consider (without paying)? Or any recommended Youtube vids, free online courses, reading material, etc that she should take a look at?

gooki

• Magnum Stache
    • My FIRE journal
Re: Video editing for an potentially interested noob?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 02:02:35 AM »
Davinci Resolve

Free, pro level video editing.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!