Author Topic: USAA Credit Card  (Read 3155 times)

snogirl

• Bristles
USAA Credit Card
« on: September 20, 2016, 10:27:27 AM »
USAA keeps pinging me to sign up for this card.
Here are the details....

you're pre-selected!
Enjoy all the benefits of the USAAŽ Preferred Cash Rewards Visa SignatureŽ credit card. 

Earn 1.5% UNLIMITED cash back on every purchase. No annual rewards cap and no categories to restrict how you earn.1
 Enjoy a 0% introductory APR on all purchases, balance transfers and convenience checks until May 1, 2018. After that, your Regular APR of 12.15% will apply to these introductory balances and any new transactions. Each balance transfer and convenience check has a transaction fee of up to 3%. Your Regular APR will also apply to your cash advances immediately upon account opening. Your Regular APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.2
 No annual fee. No penalty APR. No foreign transaction fees.

My back story is a have no revolving debt except my mortgage.
Been a USAA member since OCS 1988.  So is this a good card?
I do not travel much and never really played the card reward game.
ps I tried search here the database crashes. Went to google tagging mmm credit cards & didn't come up with much.
Just thought I would throw this out here for opinions/suggestions.
TIA

ditheca

• Bristles
Re: USAA Credit Card
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 11:26:06 AM »
I tried the USAA credit card when they gave me a $200 sign-up bonus.  The web interface (to pay my bill, check my spending history, etc) was inferior to those of larger banks.  Chase, Barclay, Discovercard, Citi all have nicer websites.

The interface was nicer than Fidelity's credit card though!  Haven't found any worse than that.

As far as cards go, the rewards are decent (you could get up to 2.2% everywhere, or 5-6% in specific categories).

You could also get a lot more value from a sign-up bonus.  Some of the top cards right now give $500-$1000 value from signup bonuses.

Disclaimer: I don't play the churning game very hard, but I do sign up for 1-2 new credit cards each year.

snogirl

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 12:33:02 PM »
I tried the USAA credit card when they gave me a $200 sign-up bonus.  The web interface (to pay my bill, check my spending history, etc) was inferior to those of larger banks.  Chase, Barclay, Discovercard, Citi all have nicer websites.

The interface was nicer than Fidelity's credit card though!  Haven't found any worse than that.

As far as cards go, the rewards are decent (you could get up to 2.2% everywhere, or 5-6% in specific categories).

You could also get a lot more value from a sign-up bonus.  Some of the top cards right now give $500-$1000 value from signup bonuses.

Disclaimer: I don't play the churning game very hard, but I do sign up for 1-2 new credit cards each year.

thank you for your info!
ps I am not a churner either :)

Full Beard

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 03:51:24 PM »
I also signed up for this card when they had a $200 bonus and they also offered me a $50 statement credit after the first purchase I think.  It's a decent card and the rates are usually better than other cards.  I like that your credit card balance updates immediately after making a payment.  I would probably wait until they offer another bonus unless you need a card now. 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!