Author Topic: TWO FSAs in a year?  (Read 2580 times)

serpentstooth

• Handlebar Stache
TWO FSAs in a year?
« on: September 08, 2014, 02:37:59 PM »
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 09:42:32 PM by serpentstooth »

Heart of Tin

• Stubble
Re: TWO FSAs in a year?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 03:36:19 PM »
1. As I understand it, despite not having fully funded my FSA, I can submit up to $2500 in eligible claims and they must cover all of them, provided they were incurred while I was under my employer's insurance coverage. My employer has to eat the difference between what I've contributed via payroll deductions and what I've been reimbursed. Can someone confirm? If so, I intend to drain this by September 30 by purchasing extra contacts and CPAP supplies, if necessary.

You may spend the full $2,500 and still be fully reimbursed as long as all $2,500 of expenses are incurred while you are covered by the plan.

"You must be able to receive the maximum amount of reimbursement (the amount you have elected to contribute for the year) at any time during the coverage period, regardless of the amount you have actually contributed. The maximum amount you can receive tax free is the total amount you elected to contribute to the health FSA for the year." - Source:  http://www.irs.gov/publications/p969/ar02.html#en_US_2013_publink1000204184

chopper41

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: TWO FSAs in a year?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 09:33:11 AM »
Yeah, I think since you're still an employee, they can do that.  Had you quit, been fired, or were laid-off, then they would eat the cost.