Author Topic: Travel Insurance (Australian)  (Read 2995 times)

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
Travel Insurance (Australian)
« on: November 29, 2014, 03:18:50 AM »
I am looking at travel insurance for a trip to Europe from Australia. Does anyone have any recommendations?

grodgersoz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Travel Insurance (Australian)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 03:40:30 AM »
I use insure and go. I travel o'seas for about 10-12 weeks every year and take an annual policy with them.
from my research i have found them to be very cheap but also have a decent list of inclusions

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 03:47:29 AM »
Some credit cards will cover you if you book the holiday using the card. My Amex has pretty good coverage in that regard.

Primm

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 04:10:38 AM »
I've always used Covermore. I've had to claim in the past for a couple of medical issues and some luggage damage and they're quick and easy to deal with - no messing around. I don't know if they're the cheapest but they're certainly not wildly expensive.

grodgersoz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 05:39:48 AM »
i have used covermore in the past as well.

i have made a couple of claims with them over the years and have always found them good.

most importantly though, for my biggest claim (oct 2013) i was with insure and go. They were fantastic. heli lifted off a mountain, 3 days in hospital, everything was taken care for me perfectly.

cakie

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 05:55:30 AM »
It depends a bit on what activities you'll be doing - each policy will have a list of sports etc that it considers too dangerous.

For my next international trip, I'm hoping to get a westpac platinum cc and use that. No annual fee, and they have good travel insurance coverage (up to 6 months) as long as you meet all the conditions. The actual company is "Zurich" I believe.

dodojojo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 09:34:08 AM »
I use World Nomads which was recommended by Intrepid Travel when I booked one of their tours in the late 90's.  And I've used WN ever since.  I have not had to put in a claim though so it's hard to say if they're any good when needed.  Compared to the big insurance names, WN seems to offer good value.