Author Topic: Transportation cost + in network cost or lack there of and out-of network  (Read 3197 times)

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
There is only one in network pediatric dentist and he is about 65 miles away.  We have a toyota corolla that gets between 30-35 mpg.  However, we could pay the difference between the normal negotiated rate, and what a in town, out of network dentist is charging.  How much difference would it have to be, to be worth driving to the other city?

Splashncash

• Bristles
Is there a specific need for the pediatric dentist?  Why not just use an in-town, in-network regular dentist?  You could ask around at school and get recommendations from others with kids.

Emg03063

• Bristles
What did you pay for your corolla, and how long do you expect to keep it (in miles)?  (Or to put it another way, what's your depreciation cost per mile?

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
What did you pay for your corolla, and how long do you expect to keep it (in miles)?  (Or to put it another way, what's your depreciation cost per mile?
I did not pay for my corolla, I inherited it when my grandmother passed.  It is a 2003 with less than 70,000 miles on it and I plan to drive it into the ground.

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
Is there a specific need for the pediatric dentist?  Why not just use an in-town, in-network regular dentist?  You could ask around at school and get recommendations from others with kids.
Yes there is a specific need for the pediatric dentist.

Emg03063

• Bristles
I did not pay for my corolla, I inherited it when my grandmother passed.  It is a 2003 with less than 70,000 miles on it and I plan to drive it into the ground.

Then figure ~$.20/mi or ~$26 for the trip.

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache

Then figure ~$.20/mi or ~$26 for the trip.
Thank you, you are wonderful!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!