Author Topic: Transit Deals from FLL to Miami for Cruise Departure?  (Read 2559 times)

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
Transit Deals from FLL to Miami for Cruise Departure?
« on: September 05, 2015, 07:26:07 PM »
So, my cuter than cute nephew is getting married and they're heading to the fine state of Florida for a Caribbean Cruise Honeymoon. I told him I'd pay for their hotel in Ft. Lauderdale (You know, because lower fares may be available on Southwest.com) before and after and their transportation to/from the cruise ship in Miami. I committed to this because there was 1.) a great hotel deal w/ free airport transportation and 2.) a limo deal on Groupon. Thank goodness I checked, because the limo company said they have no rides available for their dates (Sept.19-27) Gah! At least I hadn't bought the groupon.

So I've prepaid for their hotel, but I don't want to pay through the nose for the limo, too. Any mustachian ideas? They are complete newb travelers, so a train that requires transfers is probably not a good choice, and I can't make them take a bus on their honeymoon! Any good mid-priced options out there? I'd like to spend about $80 round trip, if that's possible.

And yes, I know this is not a travel site, but this is the place to come for insider mustachian travel tips, right?

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Transit Deals from FLL to Miami for Cruise Departure?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 09:38:04 PM »
How much does the cruise line charge if they get picked up at the airport?  Estimate on a regular taxi vs. Uber?

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 11:55:22 PM »
How much does the cruise line charge if they get picked up at the airport?  Estimate on a regular taxi vs. Uber?
They booked their own air travel, so the rates from the cruise line are about the same as regular shuttles, which are about $80 each way, plus tip. Taxis are $90 one way. Not sure if Uber is available, we're still checking out that option.

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 07:17:15 PM »
Maybe there are frugal suggestions on cruise forums (like Cruise Critic?) It must be a common enough situation.  There may be smaller shuttle services that charge less.  Eighty bucks per way sounds like a lot!

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 11:45:31 PM »
Maybe there are frugal suggestions on cruise forums (like Cruise Critic?) It must be a common enough situation.  There may be smaller shuttle services that charge less.  Eighty bucks per way sounds like a lot!
Thanks, I'm not familiar with Cruise Critic, I'll check it out!