Author Topic: TopCashBack and BeFrugal cash out options? Amazon or Cash?  (Read 3355 times)

jeromedawg

• Walrus Stache
TopCashBack and BeFrugal cash out options? Amazon or Cash?
« on: July 25, 2016, 08:45:51 PM »
Hi all

I have cash back available in both my cashback accounts and can either request an Amazon GC where I get 3% additional back OR I can get the actual cashback amount back if I just opt for check/Paypal. Is it worth getting an Amazon GC over? I figure I'm going to have stuff to buy at Amazon, but at the same time the old adage of "cash is king" keeps going through my mind. This would be just over about $200 across both accounts. So effectively, I'd either get $200 back or $206 in Amazon GCs back

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
Re: TopCashBack and BeFrugal cash out options? Amazon or Cash?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 08:52:54 PM »
Well I have the Sallie Mae Mastercard which gives 5% back at bookstores (and Amazon is a bookstore) so it wouldn't make any sense.  Furthermore I buy some Amazon gift cards whenever there is a good Amex offer at say Staples (typical offers are $10 off $50).

If you've got a credit card with 3% or greater cash back at groceries then I'd definitely forego the Amazon gift card payout.

But doesn't Topcashback offer 3% extra payout for an Amex gift card? That's a more compelling offer. If I didn't have so many Amex gift cards already I might use that option.

jeromedawg

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 09:25:19 PM »
Well I have the Sallie Mae Mastercard which gives 5% back at bookstores (and Amazon is a bookstore) so it wouldn't make any sense.  Furthermore I buy some Amazon gift cards whenever there is a good Amex offer at say Staples (typical offers are $10 off $50).

If you've got a credit card with 3% or greater cash back at groceries then I'd definitely forego the Amazon gift card payout.

But doesn't Topcashback offer 3% extra payout for an Amex gift card? That's a more compelling offer. If I didn't have so many Amex gift cards already I might use that option.

Oh I didn't notice at first but yes that looks to be the case regarding the 3% on Amex with TCB! What's the best way to liquidate Amex into an account though? It seems it isn't a very straightforward thing...

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 09:41:40 PM »

Oh I didn't notice at first but yes that looks to be the case regarding the 3% on Amex with TCB! What's the best way to liquidate Amex into an account though? It seems it isn't a very straightforward thing...

None that I know of. Agc's aren't debit cards. They have to be run as credit. So I just spend them. Considering I don't spend that much and I already have a bunch of agc from other promotions, I don't use the agc option.
The real point I wanted to make with that is the agc option is superior to the Amazon gc option.

jeromedawg

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 09:44:33 PM »

None that I know of. Agc's aren't debit cards. They have to be run as credit. So I just spend them. Considering I don't spend that much and I already have a bunch of agc from other promotions, I don't use the agc option.
The real point I wanted to make with that is the agc option is superior to the Amazon gc option.

I see... well, I have several cards that offer rotating 5% CB categories but I suppose for everything else (or when groceries, for instance, aren't a CB category) I could just get the Amex card and get 3% more CB effectively