Author Topic: Summer rental in Colorado  (Read 2142 times)

expatmustachian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Summer rental in Colorado
« on: March 02, 2015, 05:40:21 AM »
Hello all,

My wife and I are international teachers who come back to the states every summer for R&R. As we we spend less than two months a year in the States, we do not own a home. This year we would like to spend the month of July in Colorado, but find the homes on airbnb, VRBO, etc. cost prohibitive for a mustachian. Any advice or connects?

Cheers,

goober

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Summer rental in Colorado
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 09:18:32 AM »
Hello! Unfortunately, I don't have any connections or options that would fit the bill, but it might be helpful to provide a budget/outline of what you are looking to spend. It may also be helpful to describe what you are looking for in terms of a place to stay (bedrooms, bathrooms, location, parking, etc.). Best of luck!

MountainFlower

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 12:09:53 PM »
There are a lot of sublets in Boulder during the summer because of college students leaving for the summer.   

You might also find a rental deal in a ski town, i.e., Breckenridge, Snowmass, Steamboat Springs, etc. 

expatmustachian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 12:33:06 AM »
Thanks Goober, I am looking for a place with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, preferably close to outdoor activities. I was hoping to find something around $2,000 a month. It seems this is a tall order in Colorado in the summer.

A sublet would be great, especially in Boulder. Unfortunately, I have no insight on how to go about finding one. Advise MountainFlower?

MountainFlower

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 02:06:23 PM »
Perhaps the Colorado Daily? 
http://www.coloradodaily.com/

You could also see about Nederland, which is west of Boulder (Try the Mountain Ear)

I failed to mention Frisco and Silverthorne in my previous list.  You could also try Leadville, Carbondale, and the Glenwood springs area

I really don't know how you go about finding something except through VRBO or something like that.  I think that a lot of people with rentals would be open to a long-term rental for $2K/month, but you just might need to reach out to them and ask.