Author Topic: Steering wheel cover/tape?  (Read 3830 times)

NumberCruncher

• Pencil Stache
Steering wheel cover/tape?
« on: April 28, 2015, 08:25:44 AM »
My Camry's steering wheel is starting to rub off, sometimes making marks on work clothes. So...tape? Steering wheel tape specifically? I just need something that looks okay (no duct tape) and is functional. It seems most covers or tapes out there are meant more for spendy, speedy racing types, so I'm a little lost.

Am I searching for the wrong terms? Any suggestions?

GetItRight

• Pencil Stache
Re: Steering wheel cover/tape?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 08:31:09 AM »
Junkyard, find one that's not falling apart. Or ebay, I see steering wheels that fit a Camry starting at about $25.

Melf

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 08:43:00 AM »
Search Ebay for "steering wheel wrap".  There are a few cheaper options there.  My own personal frugal option is to use my old tennis racket grip wraps on my steering wheel.  Not exactly a real pretty option but it's better than feeling the peeling steering wheel and I'm comfortable with the feel of them.  It just takes me several of them to get all the way around the wheel.

orbix

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 09:14:56 AM »
You could also look into using bicycle handlebar tape- it comes in a variety of colors, so you can probably get a decent match to your car interior without having to work at it, and I think it's maybe $20 for what should be more than enough material to cover the wheel in one shot.