Author Topic: Spring Cleaning  (Read 6507 times)

Miamoo

• Stubble
Spring Cleaning
« on: March 19, 2014, 12:11:23 PM »
I've snapped!  Can't take it anymore!!!!!

50 degrees here today, windows open, furnace off (for now) and have started tearing the place apart.

Has anyone else totally lost it? 

Happy Spring - coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thegoblinchief

Re: Spring Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 12:22:01 PM »
I biked the kids down to the park in the trailer. We've been to the park quite a few times already despite the cold, but this is the first time I felt okay biking them.

kkbmustang

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 12:46:24 PM »
Yep! Heat and A/C off, windows open, stuff listed for sale online. It's a beautiful feeling.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 12:58:29 PM »
Nope!  27ºF here and 10" of snow in the immediate forecast. 
Looking forward to throwing a log on the fire and reading a few chapters with a mug of hot cocoa and a cat on my lap. 

Then again, I like winter - it's "mud season" I'm dreading.

lackofstache

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 01:06:59 PM »
Yep. We've got the windows open and bikes are being ridden nearly everyday. We did our cleaning over the winter this year, which works out well, because now we can GET OUTSIDE.

anotherAlias

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 04:43:46 PM »
Yep I've completely lost it but only because we still have snow in the forecast.  This winter needs to end and not just on the calendar.  I'm supposed to opening day for the Brewers in less than 2weeks...tailgating is going to suck if it doesn't warm up.

szmaine

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 05:13:10 PM »
Looking forward to throwing a log on the fire and reading a few chapters with a mug of hot cocoa and a cat on my lap. 

Same here in Maine...we ran out of wood 2 weeks ago, totally sucks burning oil right now.

anotherAlias

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 07:50:21 PM »
Yep I've completely lost it but only because we still have snow in the forecast.  This winter needs to end and not just on the calendar.  I'm supposed to opening day for the Brewers in less than 2weeks...tailgating is going to suck if it doesn't warm up.

But it will! I dunno how tailgating works out there if you're in Boston . . . ?

Just bundle up!

Did you know that if you have an insulated sort of cooler you can dump a butt load of chili in it (or soup) and just ladle it out?  Coolers are not just for cooling.  They keep stuff warm as well.  Just make sure to store the 'coolers' inside the house before you fill them and make sure the chili or soup or whatever is HOT when you put it in.

You'll be fine.  Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know we'll have fun.  We did this last year and it was pretty cold.  I'm just a wimp about cold weather.  It would just be nice to not have to huddle around the grill for hours ;).  Thankfully Miller park has a roof, so once the game starts I can thaw.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 08:56:57 PM »
I have spring fever, but I'm taking it out on the outside of my house.  Usually we don't get this kind of weather until April, but I am taking advantage.  Told my boss I would be working sporadically over the next few weeks (lucky me, they tell me to "manage my schedule").

This morning I finished my piece of the front yard xeriscaping, so it's ready if I can get landscaper in to do most of the rest of the work.  Put down pavers in the veggie garden, cleaned out the chicken coop, spread compost, and a few other things.  Have to work tomorrow, but will be back at it on Friday.

kimmarg

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 09:59:09 PM »

Same here in Maine...we ran out of wood 2 weeks ago, totally sucks burning oil right now.

Also in Maine and thinking I'll need one more delivery to get me through summer. Ugh! Heating has been ridiculous this year!

szmaine

• Stubble
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 09:04:26 AM »
Yep, just bought 100 gal, cost $$350...and 1 cord of ash slabs coming Monday for $ 250...
Ouch ouch ouch!!!

lizzzi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 11:47:39 AM »
25 degrees Fahrenheit right now with chance of some more snow showers, and going down to 16 tonight. Here in my little woodland cottage, it's still down parkas, down comforters, merino wool leggings, and flannel everything. I'd love to throw open the windows and sweep through all the rooms, getting rid of all those hibernating dust bunnies…but no, not yet.

Norrie

• Bristles
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 11:56:22 AM »
Yep, just starting in on it. First I had to work through the mountain of laundry from our recent road trip to Colorado, then all beds needed clean sheets, so more laundry. The husband just got home from a work trip with even more dirty clothes, but thankfully he knows where the washing machine is and how to run it.

I'm sort of at a loss as to where to start. I want to purge everything RIGHT NOW, but that's not entirely reasonable.

This winter was way more brutal than most on my brain, and I think clearing out the house will help with that.