Author Topic: SLING TV  (Read 3417 times)

divsnowball

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Dividend Snowball
SLING TV
« on: January 29, 2015, 12:14:25 PM »
Anyone though about getting this?  Is it worth it? Definitely better than cable.

http://www.npr.org/2015/01/26/379440654/intended-for-millennials-dishs-sling-tv-is-a-cord-cutters-dream

jaboc84

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: SLING TV
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 09:33:38 PM »
Just for college football season. It's a pricey luxury we don't NEED but the fact we don't have to sign contract makes it much more reasonable.

Allie

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 11:20:15 PM »
We just cancelled cable a couple months ago and I was stealing myself for my husband's grief when NBA playoff time rolled around and all the games were on ESPN. 

This just saved my marriage.

divsnowball

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Dividend Snowball
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 06:50:37 AM »
I have an HD antenna and Netflix.  I dont really need sling tv at the moment, but basically people will pay $20 a month for ESPN alone.  Only thing I care about watching live is Steeler games, which are all on ABC NBC FOX that I get with the HD antenna

MandalayVA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 06:56:45 AM »
I have an HD antenna and Netflix.  I dont really need sling tv at the moment, but basically people will pay $20 a month for ESPN alone. 

This.  If Sling TV ever offers a straight-up sports package without having to get stuff like the Disney Channel I'd definitely consider it, though.

SouthernTransplant

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 07:46:25 AM »
We just cancelled cable a couple months ago and I was stealing myself for my husband's grief when NBA playoff time rolled around and all the games were on ESPN. 

This just saved my marriage.

I'm in the exact same boat - huge NBA fan that cancelled cable years ago.  I get the League Pass for regular season games, but was always out of luck during the playoffs.

The beautiful thing is that it appears there is no yearly contract required.  You could sign up for the 1-2 months of the early rounds of the playoffs, and then cancel once they are over.  $40 for two months of access is cheaper than going to a bar for even a couple of games.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!