Author Topic: Side Hustle  (Read 3980 times)

Tyler118

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Side Hustle
« on: January 22, 2018, 09:04:35 PM »
Hey guys, new member here. Love what all I've seen on here so far. Looking forward to being FI. A little backstory on me. I'm 26 and have been a cop for the last 5 years. I work in the patrol division and work 12-hour shifts. I work two months of day shifts 06:00-18:00 and then switch to two months of night shift 18:00-06:00. The way it is set up is one week i work Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The next week I only work Wednesday and Thursday.

I'd like to get a job on the side to help pay down my debt quicker. On the week where I only work two days a week i have quite a bit of extra time. The problem is that with that schedule I wouldn't be able to make a standard part time job work. I'm also on call in cases of emergency and have court often which would make it harder to stick to a set part time schedule.

Any ideas on a something I could do from home to make a few extra bucks? I've been reading about Amazon FBA. Any thoughts on that? I just want to make sure I don't end up spending lots of start up money to make nothing in return.

Thanks!

Tyler118

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Side Hustle
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 08:17:16 AM »
Thank you for the reply. Those are some interesting websites. If only I knew more about computer software and design!

Ryland

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • The Hidden Green
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 11:33:09 AM »
Thanks for your service. 👍 And awesome you're looking to get some side income coming in.

Don't get stuck looking for ways to make money off Amazon or dropshipping, etc. Do the hard thing as build your own side business. Here's a great article to help you find an idea:

https://growthlab.com/my-checklist-for-finding-a-profitable-business-idea/

I did something similar a while back and it's turned into my full time thing that I enjoy so much more.

PM me if you want to chat more about where you're at/hoping to go.

acroy

• Handlebar Stache
    • SWAMI
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 11:43:23 AM »
As an LEO you should be able to land side-hustle security gigs no problem. Work your network and I think there is a forum specifically for LEO's as well.
Good luck, stay safe and thanks for your service!

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 12:21:53 PM »
As an LEO you should be able to land side-hustle security gigs no problem. Work your network and I think there is a forum specifically for LEO's as well.
Good luck, stay safe and thanks for your service!

Good idea.  Details and other work should be available in most places.

Tyler118

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 12:54:28 PM »
Thanks for the great info guys!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!