Author Topic: Manufacture money with Amazon Chase Credit Card  (Read 6636 times)

purple monkey

• Bristles
Manufacture money with Amazon Chase Credit Card
« on: April 16, 2015, 06:24:25 PM »
Very new to this concept.

Anyone out there with some ideas for manufacturing with the Amazon Chase Credit Card.

I have that one.

TIA

burly

• Stubble
Re: Manufacture money with Amazon Chase Credit Card
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 06:33:44 PM »
Earn 3% Back at Amazon.com
Earn 2% Back at gas stations, restaurants and drugstores.

We use it exclusively for gas... It sits in the sunglass holder in each of our cars.. 2% is hard to beat without true credit card hacking. We do also use it for all our amazon purchases which is nearly 95% of stuff we buy.

They do often give you bonus rewards too.. Around this past christmas, Amazon card holders received a bonus 25% off all childrens toys, so I bought an amazon fire tablet (which was included) for 25% off.

The only other hack I can think of would be using Amazon's subscribe & save. We generally use amazon for toiletries, diapers, wipes, and some kids clothes.

seattlecyclone

• Walrus Stache
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 06:51:44 PM »
We use it exclusively for gas... It sits in the sunglass holder in each of our cars.. 2% is hard to beat without true credit card hacking. We do also use it for all our amazon purchases which is nearly 95% of stuff we buy.

Have you seen the Sallie Mae credit card? It gives 5% back on the first $250/month of gas purchases and grocery purchases, and 5% back on the first $750/month of bookstore purchases. Amazon counts as a bookstore. We have this card and we almost never use our Amazon-branded credit card anymore as a result.

NotJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 06:58:36 PM »
You need a Target Red Card.

I have read about them, but haven't seen them available in my area.  From what I understand: You would load up your Red Card at Target with your Amazon Visa, and then pay your mortgage through the Red Card billpay site.  That way, you earn cash back on your mortgage payment, which usually doesn't accept credit cards.

If I ever find a Red Card, I would use it to pay my utilities, since it's the one bill I can't use a credit card to pay (I don't have a mortgage any more).

purple monkey

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 07:05:22 PM »

I have read about them, but haven't seen them available in my area.  From what I understand: You would load up your Red Card at Target with your Amazon Visa, and then pay your mortgage through the Red Card billpay site.  That way, you earn cash back on your mortgage payment, which usually doesn't accept credit cards.

If I ever find a Red Card, I would use it to pay my utilities, since it's the one bill I can't use a credit card to pay (I don't have a mortgage any more).

I called them at the Target toll free number.  They said you could not load directly from a credit card.

Is there another step in this process?

NotJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 07:10:28 PM »

I called them at the Target toll free number.  They said you could not load directly from a credit card.

Is there another step in this process?
Did you ask about the right product?  It's not the Target credit card, it's the Target Prepaid Red Card, an American Express prepaid card (sorry, I think the "prepaid" is the important part, and I didn't mention it before).  It's also not the same as the "American Express for Target" card.

burly

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 07:14:38 PM »
No Target red cards near me either, I actually just was reading up on them earlier..

Did they discontinue credit card loading?

https://amex.serve.com/prepaidredcard/

"Once you register your Card, you can continue to add money using Direct Deposit, linking a debit card or bank account, or by adding cash for free at any U.S. Target store."

Unless a credit card is considered cash.

notredame232

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 07:20:17 PM »
credit card loads work fine as they always have - $5k/mo limit

NotJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 07:20:51 PM »
This is what I read about them on Flyertalk.  I'm monitoring so I know the current rules if I ever get one.

**As of 12/18/14, "Cash" load at target also includes in-store loads by any Credit/Debit card normally accepted at Target

purple monkey

• Bristles
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 07:37:22 PM »
credit card loads work fine as they always have - $5k/mo limit

How do you get a card?

The closest Target with this is 100 miles away for me.

Any suggestions?

How much does it cost to purchase one?

nyxst

• Bristles
    • AgainstAllOdds
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 08:40:38 PM »

Have you seen the Sallie Mae credit card? It gives 5% back on the first $250/month of gas purchases and grocery purchases, and 5% back on the first $750/month of bookstore purchases. Amazon counts as a bookstore. We have this card and we almost never use our Amazon-branded credit card anymore as a result.

I use the Sallie Mae card for Amazon, gas, and groceries too!  Can't beat 5% back... Everything I have bought through amazon was coded as a bookstore purchse , which it took me a few months to realize. I wish it was more than $250 for groceries and less for gas, since I never use all $250 in gas. But still, its pretty awesome!

seattlecyclone

• Walrus Stache
    • My blog
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 02:33:21 PM »
Thanks so much for responding.

Is the Sallie Mae card limited to the first $20/$750 month respectively?

The 5% back is limited to the first $250/month in gas purchases, $250/month in grocery store purchases, and $750/month in bookstore purchases. Any spending in addition to this (or in other categories) gets 1% cash back. We buy enough of our groceries at Costco (which only takes AmEx) that we never get to the $250 cap at other grocery stores, but your mileage may vary.