Author Topic: Should I remain or try to buy a place?  (Read 2867 times)

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
Should I remain or try to buy a place?
« on: June 04, 2014, 11:38:03 AM »
I am renting a room in my friend's condo. It is about 10 miles from work, and the commute is comfortable for both driving and biking, though it is a little farther than I would prefer to bike.

Rent is $500/month, including all utilities. His association fees are $300 a month, and it is a no-frill condo, what I mean is no gym, pool, ect. It does come with a small garage that I can park but it is a few minutes walk outside and there is guest parking spots nearby his place that I can use. The garage parking will be nice for winter and times when I won't need the car for a few days.

I've been there for 2 weeks and am liking it. My original plan was to live here for a few months while I look for a place of my own, but I am starting to think that there isn't a hurry. If I find a place with a great deal then I will consider it, but otherwise wouldn't it be wise to stay here?

I should add that his condo is fully furnished, when I moved in I only needed to bring clothes, necessities, toiletries, my own food, and any appliances or other things (like two paintings I own for my bedroom).

Emg03063

• Bristles
Re: Should I remain or try to buy a place?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 12:39:00 PM »
Buy if you find something better than your current situation.  If not, then don't.  No rush.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 01:10:06 AM »
Buy if you find something better than your current situation.  If not, then don't.  No rush.

Best advice EVER. Thank you!

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 07:34:18 AM »

Best advice EVER. Thank you!

^+1.  Sounds like a good deal so take advantage and time to find a better deal as they will come up in getting your own place.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!