Author Topic: Shipping labels  (Read 990 times)

Catica

• Bristles
Shipping labels
« on: July 27, 2020, 04:50:06 AM »
Does anyone know how I can create a shipping label and pay for it but have it emailed to someone, so they can ship it to someone else.  Basically, I want someone ship something to someone else but I want to pay for it (I don't want to give that person my credit card info).

Thanks!

SailingOnASmallSailboat

• Pencil Stache
Re: Shipping labels
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 05:49:46 AM »
How about just putting their address as the return address on the box so it looks like it came from the other person?

hdatontodo

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 05:58:45 AM »
How about using usps online and printing to a pdf file and emailing the pdf label file.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

NotJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 06:14:12 AM »
Yes, you can save a PDF then email when you purchase a shipping label on the USPS website:  https://faq.usps.com/s/article/How-do-I-print-a-Click-N-Ship-label#printing

I use a website called PirateShip, which offers discounted rates on USPS shipping.  It generates a PDF that you can email.

socaso

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 09:29:31 AM »
I'll chime in on USPS. I created a label for myself through their website and there was an option to email the label if you so choose. That would be the easiest. You will need either the dimensions of the box and weight of the box or if it is a USPS box you will need the weight.

Catica

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 07:37:56 PM »
Thanks everyone.  Got it sorted out through FedEx Manager. I did have to get a FedEx account, otherwise it wouldn't let me have a shipping from and billing address different. 

Archipelago

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 07:50:49 PM »