Author Topic: Shipping hand sanitizer  (Read 1271 times)

dodojojo

• Pencil Stache
Shipping hand sanitizer
« on: April 12, 2020, 02:47:55 PM »
I would like to ship two 33 ounce bottles of hand sanitizer to my mom.  We live on opposites coasts (USA).  Like everyone else she's not had much luck finding any.  I was going to order some for her and bite the bullet in terms of markup.  I happen to have three long forgotten bottles I lost track of in the back of the closet.  It was a bit like winning the lottery when I discovered them.  I figured mailing them would be better value than ordering online.  And for a myriad of reasons, it's much easier for me to buy more than it is for my mom.

For those who are familiar and/or do a lot of shipping, what's the best value I can find?  Speed isn't paramount--1 to 2 weeks would be reasonable.  Hand sanitizer made with alcohol is also considered a dangerous item and that adds a wrinkle of complication?

So far, Fedex's One Rate small box seems to be the best deal at $12.  But not sure if Fedex would allow 70ish ounces of alcohol based sanitizer though?

geekette

• Magnum Stache
Re: Shipping hand sanitizer
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 03:47:55 PM »
Per this page, they would accept it with some stringent packing required.  FedEx has a chat(bot?), though, so maybe you should ask here if things have changed.

dodojojo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 07:06:54 PM »
Yes, was on that page.  The chat bot doesn't really go anywhere.  I have an idea of what Fedex offers.  Thought I would put out here to see if there were alternatives and/or if an MMMer had experience with Fedex.  I'll call the local Fedex office tomorrow and hope I get a live response.

dodojojo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 02:37:12 PM »
Talked to USPS and Fedex and the only restriction both have is to use ground only. No restrictions in terms of amount or volume of hand sanitizer.  Fedex didn't have a problem with my shoe box--I overtaped it just to be sure.  I went with Fedex as it's about $7 cheaper.